160 replies to this topic

eugene k2

eugene k2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
hi!

I'm currently developing a driver for Mac OSX for Creative Live/Audigy/Audigy2 cards. I'm using a laptop with OSX 10.4.10 + CardBus version of the Creative Audigy device.

I tried your cardbus driver (rev3) on my laptop, [RICOH adapter] + Creative ZS Notebook CardBus card.

Your driver detected the card, assigned IO resources, however, my own driver for Creative cards cannot access the device...
ioRead32() returns 0xffffffff, as if the device was not configured or powered-on.
In the menu bar I can see cardbus icon + 'Creative' + an option to power-down the card, the driver detects card insertion and removal, but I cannot proceed with my development.

My Windows version of the driver for this card [www.kxproject.com] on the same laptop worked fine.

I guess, the problem is either with Ricoh initialization, cardbus power management or IO space assignment (Windows used to allocate registers 0xd000..., while MacOS X assigns 0x100...).

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Eugene

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
First of all thanks for coming around here :) hope you get the response as quickly as possible... :wacko:

eugene k2

eugene k2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
More information on the Ricoh adapter [from Windows]:
--
Ricoh R/RL/5C476(II):
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0476&SUBSYS_19671043&REV_B3
Ricoh RL5C476 CardBus Controller

Windows assigns the following ports by default:
FD00-FDFF
FE00-FEFF

Memory:
000DF000-000DFFFF
CC000000-CFFFFFFF
FFB7E000-FFB7EFFF
FFB7F000-FFB7FFFF
IRQ: 17

~Eureka

~Eureka

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Hi All,

5/25/2008: beta3 installation package update
Please choose IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily at the same time.
If possible, let me know the result. Thanks.

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=81048

Chun-Nan

eugene k2

eugene k2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Chun-Nan!

I tried your Leopard driver (beta3 package update) on a leopard partition, and everything was OK, PCCardFamily.kext/PCIFamily.kext recognized the device and assigned IO ports 0x1000-.. to my device, and my driver loaded and was able to access the device.

Unfortunately, I cannot use leopard on my laptop, because my video card is outdated and unsupported in leo (Radeon 9700, screen is distorted).
I guess the same fix included in leo driver is included in Tiger 10.4.11 beta3 package, but I cannot install it on my laptop, because the laptop is SSE2-only, and 10.4.11 kernels require SSE3...

Could you please release your driver for Tiger 10.4.10 with all fixes found in beta3/leopard?..

Thanks!

~Eureka

~Eureka

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Chun-Nan!

I tried your Leopard driver (beta3 package update) on a leopard partition, and everything was OK, PCCardFamily.kext/PCIFamily.kext recognized the device and assigned IO ports 0x1000-.. to my device, and my driver loaded and was able to access the device.

Unfortunately, I cannot use leopard on my laptop, because my video card is outdated and unsupported in leo (Radeon 9700, screen is distorted).
I guess the same fix included in leo driver is included in Tiger 10.4.11 beta3 package, but I cannot install it on my laptop, because the laptop is SSE2-only, and 10.4.11 kernels require SSE3...

Could you please release your driver for Tiger 10.4.10 with all fixes found in beta3/leopard?..

Thanks!

Hi eugene k2,

I have checked Apple's website. 10.4.10 and 10.4.11 use the same IOPCIFamily source code (79.5) Right now I only have 10.5.2 and 10.4.11 installed. I will suggest you give the 10.4.11.beta3 a try to see if it works. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,993 posts

hi!

I'm currently developing a driver for Mac OSX for Creative Live/Audigy/Audigy2 cards. I'm using a laptop with OSX 10.4.10 + CardBus version of the Creative Audigy device.

I tried your cardbus driver (rev3) on my laptop, [RICOH adapter] + Creative ZS Notebook CardBus card.

Your driver detected the card, assigned IO resources, however, my own driver for Creative cards cannot access the device...
ioRead32() returns 0xffffffff, as if the device was not configured or powered-on.
In the menu bar I can see cardbus icon + 'Creative' + an option to power-down the card, the driver detects card insertion and removal, but I cannot proceed with my development.

My Windows version of the driver for this card [www.kxproject.com] on the same laptop worked fine.

I guess, the problem is either with Ricoh initialization, cardbus power management or IO space assignment (Windows used to allocate registers 0xd000..., while MacOS X assigns 0x100...).

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Eugene

AFAIK ioRead32() returns 0xffffffff if you get bad bus number for your pci bus as I previously had with my AGPGart. I made in my driver
subordinateBus = bridgeDevice->configRead8( kPCI2PCISubordinateBus );
	IOLog("AGPBridge buses: pri %d secBus %d subBus %d BridgeDev %d\n",priBus, secondaryBus, subordinateBus, space.s.busNum);
	if (subordinateBus != secondaryBus)
	{
		subordinateBus = secondaryBus;
		bridgeDevice->configWrite8( kPCI2PCISubordinateBus, subordinateBus );
		IOLog("AGPGart subBus corrected\n");
	}
May be it is prompting for you.

P.S. I have full working Ricoh 5C475 with corrected IOPCIFamily.kext

eugene k2

eugene k2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Thank you for replying!

I finally managed to find a 10.4.11 distribution with SSE2-capable kernel. Under 10.4.11 your IOPCIFamily works fine and resources are assigned properly. My previous attempt to install 10.4.11_beta on 10.4.10 caused kernel panic. So, both of your beta3 installers work fine on my laptop on 10.5.2 and 10.4.11 and in both cases attached PCMCIA device works fine. The only problem was with 10.4.10 + rev3 of your driver.

Slice:
Ricoh was working, but device resources were not assigned properly to the attached PCMCIA device. I guess it is invalid to use ports 0x100.. because they are used for ISA, and PCI should use 0x1000+ (or even 0x8000+) values. Perhaps, Creative Audigy card simply cannot handle port # 0x100.
Device is not connected as a sub-bus, kPCI2PCISubordinateBus is not used.

E.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,993 posts
I don't know why you get 0x100. Did you try other driver?

I have Adaptec SCSI adaptec in Ricoh PCCard slot. All is good!
Are you sure you don't need to check bus numeration?

eugene k2

eugene k2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Slice,

As I said above, Tiger 10.4.11 + "beta3 package" fixed the problem, and the device is now using register 0x1000 and works fine.
So, the problem was only with Tiger 10.4.10 + "IOPCIFamily rev3" from this thread (which assigned incorrect IO space register 0x100+ to the device).
Leo 10.5.2 + "IOPCIFamily beta3" package driver combo works fine as well.
--
By the way, if you have a look at the logs of other users in this thread, you will notice that PCIFamily/PCCardFamily driver assigned 0x100 quite often...

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Slice,

As I said above, Tiger 10.4.11 + "beta3 package" fixed the problem, and the device is now using register 0x1000 and works fine.

I get so happy to read posts like these :D shows progress, I'm going to check out your current kX drivers :P (Call me crazy but I really didn't know anything about kX-Project prior to this tiny issue with osx [BIG nasty mute issue] :D )This is so kewl :) quick quick replies :angel:

EDIT2:

Cooool! I had these old Sound Fonts which never got loaded on Creative drivers! (CD and Web version) and got loaded on your drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus its cool I didn't have to install sfArk because your driver already does it (decompression) :D Awesome!!! btw, my speakers are acting strange... No sound it front (but hey, it sounds good :D )

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,993 posts

Slice,

So, the problem was only with Tiger 10.4.10 + "IOPCIFamily rev3" from this thread (which assigned incorrect IO space register 0x100+ to the device).
Leo 10.5.2 + "IOPCIFamily beta3" package driver combo works fine as well.
--
By the way, if you have a look at the logs of other users in this thread, you will notice that PCIFamily/PCCardFamily driver assigned 0x100 quite often...

You didn't notice my link to other PCIFamily. May be you get more correct IO space.
I know that PCCardFamily is not correct. Nobody want to continue Chun-Nan's research. We have issues with PCCard<->Firewire conflict and with two PCCard slots.
I have no usable devices for the slot so I don't able to debug the PCCard.

duplicity

duplicity

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Beta 3 appears to work with my Latitude c640 under 10.4.11.

However I haven't had a chance to test it with anything more than an old OrangeUSB 2.0 card I had lying around.

Thanks for the hard work.

andreiano

andreiano

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hi, excuse but me I don't speak English.
I am using a translator online.

I have a D-Link DWL-G630 PCMCIA.

You believe that can work with leopard 10.5.2?
I have a cipset ICH8.
I have tried once already your guide, but I am in - kernel-panic.
I now make me help better from a friend for the translation.
hi

Eddie94

Eddie94

iDeneb Team Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
The latesest beta (BEta 3) working on my laptop!

maksap

maksap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a HP 500 notebook with ene cb1410 cardbus.
I don't know wheter it works or not, because it always wants to shut down my computer. The shutdown window is coming out. If I press cancel, about in 1 or 2 seconds it comes out again.
I use jas 10.4.11.
Is it a bug or do i something wrong?
If its a bug what should i send you to debug it?

maksap

maksap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am sorry!
It works :(

Thank you so much!!

maminx

maminx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hellow to everyone. (sorry about my english)

I tried this drivers, and did all the permission, cache, etc thinks. But when I rebooted I noticed that my trackpad are broke (I mean doesnt work). So I tought some driver issue, but when I booted back to windows, the trackpad doesnt respond any more, not with windows, linux, or any other OS.

HELP!!! :thumbsup_anim:

maminx

maminx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
By the way, my CardBus its working :thumbsup_anim:

majorahole

majorahole

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
im trying to get my Belkin 5d7010 ver.4100 to work, Ive done countless kext/plist swaps ect. ive got it to where when i plug it in it shows an unknown card, up in the bar, but also the airport thing to the right of it, and it shows airport card in my settings, but when i try to set it up, or click on the bar icon, the light on my card will light up, and the computer will just freeze, untill i take the card out, then its fine again.
i think im getting close here, so any help would be great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy