CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Tiger

~Eureka

161 posts in this topic

Slice,

As I said above, Tiger 10.4.11 + "beta3 package" fixed the problem, and the device is now using register 0x1000 and works fine.

I get so happy to read posts like these :D shows progress, I'm going to check out your current kX drivers :P (Call me crazy but I really didn't know anything about kX-Project prior to this tiny issue with osx [bIG nasty mute issue] :D )This is so kewl :) quick quick replies :angel:

EDIT2:

Cooool! I had these old Sound Fonts which never got loaded on Creative drivers! (CD and Web version) and got loaded on your drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus its cool I didn't have to install sfArk because your driver already does it (decompression) :D Awesome!!! btw, my speakers are acting strange... No sound it front (but hey, it sounds good :D )

Slice,

As I said above, Tiger 10.4.11 + "beta3 package" fixed the problem, and the device is now using register 0x1000 and works fine.

So, the problem was only with Tiger 10.4.10 + "IOPCIFamily rev3" from this thread (which assigned incorrect IO space register 0x100+ to the device).

Leo 10.5.2 + "IOPCIFamily beta3" package driver combo works fine as well.

--

By the way, if you have a look at the logs of other users in this thread, you will notice that PCIFamily/PCCardFamily driver assigned 0x100 quite often...

You didn't notice my link to other PCIFamily. May be you get more correct IO space.

I know that PCCardFamily is not correct. Nobody want to continue Chun-Nan's research. We have issues with PCCardFirewire conflict and with two PCCard slots.

I have no usable devices for the slot so I don't able to debug the PCCard.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, excuse but me I don't speak English.

I am using a translator online.

I have a D-Link DWL-G630 PCMCIA.

You believe that can work with leopard 10.5.2?

I have a cipset ICH8.

I have tried once already your guide, but I am in - kernel-panic.

I now make me help better from a friend for the translation.

hi

• 3 weeks later...

I have a HP 500 notebook with ene cb1410 cardbus.

I don't know wheter it works or not, because it always wants to shut down my computer. The shutdown window is coming out. If I press cancel, about in 1 or 2 seconds it comes out again.

I use jas 10.4.11.

Is it a bug or do i something wrong?

If its a bug what should i send you to debug it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hellow to everyone. (sorry about my english)

I tried this drivers, and did all the permission, cache, etc thinks. But when I rebooted I noticed that my trackpad are broke (I mean doesn´t work). So I tought some driver issue, but when I booted back to windows, the trackpad doesn´t respond any more, not with windows, linux, or any other OS.

HELP!!! :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 year later...

im trying to get my Belkin 5d7010 ver.4100 to work, Ive done countless kext/plist swaps ect. ive got it to where when i plug it in it shows an unknown card, up in the bar, but also the airport thing to the right of it, and it shows airport card in my settings, but when i try to set it up, or click on the bar icon, the light on my card will light up, and the computer will just freeze, untill i take the card out, then its fine again.

i think im getting close here, so any help would be great