CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

Hi EqUaTe,Before installing Chun-Nan kext, my FW was working fine, it detected my edirol soundcard with no problems, so I know that the sound device I'm pluging in is supported. After I installed Chun-Nan FW port is intiallized but the system profiler doesn't recognize it and I can't plug anything to it. It is like if something has been reseted...But I don't know where to look.Thanks for our help,MacpoI'm using rev6.Macpo

Hi snam11,

I thaink "IOPCCard16Device" means that you have 16bit PCMCIA. I guess your pccard it doesn't have that gold strip across the connector.

"IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string)." means that your device doesn't match their database. I still haven't found where they store "VersionOneInfo[0]" information or I would have tried to take a look at it. Maybe someone who know where it is located can let me know.

Chun-Nan

Hi, chun-nan

talking about the "gold strip",

i was checking all the pcmcia cards i own (fw400/800,3com wifi,netgear wifi) and all of them have it, so i don't really know why this error pops up.

i did also another try. i've installed your ver5, hexediting it with my device id and the iopccard16device error is gone.

pcmcia card seems more faster, but the internal firewire doesn't work and pops up again the ochi error, and also the smartcard reader is not working (and i really don't care much)

Hi snam11,

I suspect that Chun-Nan is right about this device being 16bit (that would be my feeling as well, given the details) - my guess is that this device isn't supported, and isn't likely to be.

That's what it's saying though - it's trying to work out what the device is, failing and going "can't use this device.".

Glad it's working :D

Grats on that.

EqUaTe

Hi equate

so you think the problem is the pcmcia card?or the pcmcia slot himself?if you mean the first one, i bought it because is fully osx compatible.

so let's suppose the pcmcia slot is not working. with latest release the internal fw is detected, so it "should" capture or use any fw hdd, but it doesn't.

i guess there is something to fix in both direction (maybe memory allocation of firewire or something else): internal pmcia and firewire.

your device is similar to mine: can you do some little tests with internal firewire? if i'm not wrong you said firewire controller is also o2micro and you had the ohci error since first install. a simple firewire webcam or a dvcam is ok, checking if ichat show any image if cam is plugged in, or maybe a file copy from an external firewire hdd.

if you'll have same problems (ichat/imovie/finalcut and system profile detect the cam but there is no image or any chances to capture), is a kext issue, if not....

regards

in fact the AGPGART driver was making conflict with the IOUSBFamily since i use ur IOPCIFamily weirdo..THen u'll tell me use regular IOPCIFamily but i was hoping IOPCIFamily would give me a working AGPGART, cause from now on the OPENGL bundle disable AGP hw acceleration and seems to be related to IOPCIFamily.

For sure AGP is linked to IOPCI proof is the huge bug with ur driver :D thanx anyway slice the agpgart maker will dig into this problem i hope and has your source in worth case.

Hi, chun-nan

talking about the "gold strip",

i was checking all the pcmcia cards i own (fw400/800,3com wifi,netgear wifi) and all of them have it, so i don't really know why this error pops up.

i did also another try. i've installed your ver5, hexediting it with my device id and the iopccard16device error is gone.

pcmcia card seems more faster, but the internal firewire doesn't work and pops up again the ochi error, and also the smartcard reader is not working (and i really don't care much)

Hi equate

so you think the problem is the pcmcia card?or the pcmcia slot himself?if you mean the first one, i bought it because is fully osx compatible.

so let's suppose the pcmcia slot is not working. with latest release the internal fw is detected, so it "should" capture or use any fw hdd, but it doesn't.

i guess there is something to fix in both direction (maybe memory allocation of firewire or something else): internal pmcia and firewire.

your device is similar to mine: can you do some little tests with internal firewire? if i'm not wrong you said firewire controller is also o2micro and you had the ohci error since first install. a simple firewire webcam or a dvcam is ok, checking if ichat show any image if cam is plugged in, or maybe a file copy from an external firewire hdd.

if you'll have same problems (ichat/imovie/finalcut and system profile detect the cam but there is no image or any chances to capture), is a kext issue, if not....

regards

Interesting.. I'm sure Chun-Nan will work with you to fix this :(

As for firewire - at the moment, I have NO firewire devices available. I MAY have one tomorrow, in which case I'll try it then, else it'll be when I'm next at work, which will depend on when I get better.

EqUaTe

Glad to hear it's working :) I think you must be the first person to report in either of the threads that's been using the same CardBus controller as me! :P

Have you checked to see if firewire devices work?

Cheers,

EqUaTe

Firewire working perfectly! I have a 400 Mbit/s port and it identifies peripherals perfectly.

My set up is LEO Kalyway 10.5.1 with Efi V8 and Vanilla kernel. Biggest problem I have now is booting with two CPUs.

Booting stops at mounting BSD volume disk0s1 then it stops and kills all processes and reboots. With CPUs=1 everything is perfect.

Great work though with this PCMCIA driver.

Cheers

robcad

I read all this thread and found that not only I have working PCMCI but the problems with other devices.

It is common IOPCIFamily.kext problem. Look my report here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...81048&st=19

If you want to find the same differencies use command

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregYourNick.txt

-x for hex output (not decimal :censored2: )

-w 2048 for non-cutting long lines.

Make it twice with two different versions of IOPCIFamily to find what is changed.

All problems with non-working devices or slow speed we can find here.

No one perfect IOPCIFamily for Tiger found until now. The same for Leo? I have no it.

dont work for me..

i have dell precision m4300 and o2 pccard?

some ideas for solution?

i replace the iopcifamily and iopccard kext in extensions folder and cant boot with it..

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel IOPCCardBridge::start failed

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[37] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel From path: "uuid",

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[39] loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4 (UUIDs differ)

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Waiting for boot volume with UUID E7E493B6-579D-34CE-ADD0-E11EAA4A5B53

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[39] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[41] loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4 (UUIDs differ)

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[41] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRI@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHW2160BJ FFS G2 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Hi Chun-an, EqUaTe and Kizwan.

In the past two days my leopard has slowed constantly whenever I use wireless.

When I put on the MODE ON AirPort he hangs.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Hi,

Is there any unusual activity logged in system.log file? Is it hang permanently or just slowing down?

Hi Chun-an, EqUaTe and Kizwan.

In the past two days my leopard has slowed constantly whenever I use wireless.

When I put on the MODE ON AirPort he hangs.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Look my previous post. I have slow sound, graphics and so on because IOPCIFamily kext set bad "assigned-address" values. I found the same mistakes for FireWire which I didn't test.

dont work for me..

i have dell precision m4300 and o2 pccard?

some ideas for solution?

i replace the iopcifamily and iopccard kext in extensions folder and cant boot with it..

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel IOPCCardBridge::start failed

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[37] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel From path: "uuid",

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[39] loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4 (UUIDs differ)

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Waiting for boot volume with UUID E7E493B6-579D-34CE-ADD0-E11EAA4A5B53

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[39] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[41] loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4 (UUIDs differ)

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[41] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRI@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHW2160BJ FFS G2 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

When you say you can't boot with it, what do you mean? You get a kernel panic?

If so, please take a screenshot and attach it here.

Beyond that - what are your device id's? I can try to add them for you.

Slice, fakedotbr,

I've not seen any slowdowns, though I'm not sure if my firewire is working at the moment.

It may well not be.

Chun-Nan isn't around just now, but will be back in a few days..

Noone despair please! :D

EqUaTe

So, finally after a view tests any tryouts lol, my 3G PCMCIA Card (Eplus Card II) works under Leo with Globetrotter Connect Software, so i think other PCCard devices should work too.

Now i have to get it work without this software, just with dial out in Leo.

...and to get Cardreader work hihi

Thanks goes to Chun-Nan and EqUaTe for direct help and others for testing.

Great work mates!!!

Look my previous post. I have slow sound, graphics and so on because IOPCIFamily kext set bad "assigned-address" values. I found the same mistakes for FireWire which I didn't test.

Hi Slice,

Right now I am out of town so I cannot do anything till I am back on Saturday.I don't know too much about "AGPGart" because I don't have it installed on my machine.

You can try to use the original IOPCIFamily (2.4) for Leopard and IOPCIFamily (2.2) to see you still have the same problems when you use the rev6 for Leopard and the rev1 for Tiger.

If you still have the same problems with the original IOPCIFamily files (2.4 or 2.2), you probably need to check your AGPGart to find out the reason.

If you don't have the same problems with the orginal IOPCIFamily files (2.4 or 2.2), then there must be some problems with rev6 or rev1.

Please try the orginal IOPCIFamily files (2.4 for Leopard or 2.2 for Tiger) and let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

dont work for me..i have dell precision m4300 and o2 pccard?some ideas for solution?i replace the iopcifamily and iopccard kext in extensions folder and cant boot with it..20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel IOPCCardBridge::start failed 20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[37] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext 20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel From path: "uuid", 20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[39] loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4 (UUIDs differ) 20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Waiting for boot volume with UUID E7E493B6-579D-34CE-ADD0-E11EAA4A5B53 20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[39] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext 20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict> 20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[41] loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4 (UUIDs differ) 20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled 20.01.08 16:56:58 kextd[41] a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext 20.01.08 16:56:58 kernel Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRI@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHW2160BJ FFS G2 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Hi cyonix,

Can you find out the exact the vender id and device id of your PCCard Controller? Have you ever replaced some other kexts before?

Chun-Nan

Hi, chun-nantalking about the "gold strip", i was checking all the pcmcia cards i own (fw400/800,3com wifi,netgear wifi) and all of them have it, so i don't really know why this error pops up.i did also another try. i've installed your ver5, hexediting it with my device id and the iopccard16device error is gone.pcmcia card seems more faster, but the internal firewire doesn't work and pops up again the ochi error, and also the smartcard reader is not working (and i really don't care much) Hi equateso you think the problem is the pcmcia card?or the pcmcia slot himself?if you mean the first one, i bought it because is fully osx compatible.so let's suppose the pcmcia slot is not working. with latest release the internal fw is detected, so it "should" capture or use any fw hdd, but it doesn't.i guess there is something to fix in both direction (maybe memory allocation of firewire or something else): internal pmcia and firewire.your device is similar to mine: can you do some little tests with internal firewire? if i'm not wrong you said firewire controller is also o2micro and you had the ohci error since first install. a simple firewire webcam or a dvcam is ok, checking if ichat show any image if cam is plugged in, or maybe a file copy from an external firewire hdd.if you'll have same problems (ichat/imovie/finalcut and system profile detect the cam but there is no image or any chances to capture), is a kext issue, if not.... regards

Hi snam11,

If all your pcmcia cards have "gold strip", I think they are all 16 bit device. Which errors did you refer to? If you were talking about "IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string).", it means the drivers you are using don't have correct VersionOneInfo[0] information. You can check the info.plist inside "SCR24_Apple_Driver.kext" and you will find the string "SCR243 PCMCIA", etc. I believe even though the devices are fully osx compatible, you still need the right drivers. Maybe you can hexedit rev6 and insert your device id into the right place and right file to see the result.

I don't know why your internal firewire device doesn't work. Try to use the original IOPCIFamily (2.4 for Leopard and 2.2 for Tiger) and IOPCCardFamily to test the internal firewire and let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-an, EqUaTe and Kizwan.In the past two days my leopard has slowed constantly whenever I use wireless.When I put on the MODE ON AirPort he hangs.Any ideas on how to debug this?

Hi fakedotbr,

Which wireless card do you have? Which wireless card driver are you using now?

Chun-Nan

Hi EqUaTe,Before installing Chun-Nan kext, my FW was working fine, it detected my edirol soundcard with no problems, so I know that the sound device I'm pluging in is supported. After I installed Chun-Nan FW port is intiallized but the system profiler doesn't recognize it and I can't plug anything to it. It is like if something has been reseted...But I don't know where to look.Thanks for our help,MacpoI'm using rev6.Macpo

Hi macpo,

Is it possible that you post your "dmesg" information under single user mode "-s"?

Chun-Nan

as i said before chun nan and slice meant it, AGPGART does run with ORIGINAL IOPCIFamily kexts but IOPCIfamily needs hack in order to route properly AGPGART and gives full support. I hope u can fix ur own IOPCIFamily driver ;)

Hi Chun-Nan,

I just reinstalled my Leopard so I could have firewire functionality. From my expirience I can tell a few things:

- Looks like there is a conflict in memory address assignation, so AppleFWOHCI won't be able to locate the firewire port.

- Once you install any revision you cannot roll back to the previous configuration, let me explain myself, once FW is not detected, if you roll back to the original kexts FW it is still not detected.

- Probably there is something extra we need to do in your kexts to get all the memory addresses setup correctly, if you can share your knowledge, I'm willing to help with the revision of the kexts. I think the problem I got with firewire is similar to the one that Slice got with AGPGART

Thanks for all your work,

Macpo

Hi snam11,

If all your pcmcia cards have "gold strip", I think they are all 16 bit device. Which errors did you refer to? If you were talking about "IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string).", it means the drivers you are using don't have correct VersionOneInfo[0] information. You can check the info.plist inside "SCR24_Apple_Driver.kext" and you will find the string "SCR243 PCMCIA", etc. I believe even though the devices are fully osx compatible, you still need the right drivers. Maybe you can hexedit rev6 and insert your device id into the right place and right file to see the result.

I don't know why your internal firewire device doesn't work. Try to use the original IOPCIFamily (2.4 for Leopard and 2.2 for Tiger) and IOPCCardFamily to test the internal firewire and let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

hi chun-nan

i did several test to understand what's goin on with this pcmcia/firewire issues.

first of all:

the error pops up no matter if any pcmcia card is plugged in or not.(i'm talking about the IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string). and the other messages.)

i've checked the SCR24_Apple_Driver.kext and added the O2Micro parameter duplicating the "hp" one and renaming all the strings that needed it, but the set of error message doesn't change.

than i've noticed a thing: all the error messages are related to rev6.This version "unlock" the smartcard reader, so i'm pretty sure the errors are linked to this device.

so the situation is:

rev3-5 are pretty good with pcmcia slot, ONLY the pcmcia slot is working, smartcard reader and internal firewire aren't working.

if i use my firewire 400/800 pcmcia card, any device is 100% working and in system profile it has its right max speed (firewire 800 hdd has 800 as max speed, firewire 400 hdd and dvcam have 400 as max speed)

if i install the rev6 the whole pmcia/cardreader/internal firewire is enabled, BUT the speed of the firewire is somehow splitted between the devices and sometimes even worse.

if it is in a "good mood" the pcmcia firewire card 400/800 and the internal firewire have ONLY 400 as max speed,no matter if i try to plug a firewire800 hdd, in system profile the max speed is 400, and the playback speed confirms that.

if it is in a "bad mood", the whole firewire devices speed is limited to 100 as max speed (an 800 hdd, a 400 hdd, a dvcam), so they are completely unusable.

i've noticed also that the most important kext is the iopcifamily, because no matter which iopccardfamily i use with it, the result is always the same: whole devices are detected and working, but in a strange way.

if i use an older iopcifamily, no matter which iopccardfamily i use with it, only the pcmcia slot is detected, and i still get the cardbus error and firewire ochi error

the main problem for me is this:

i can only test the internal firewire with your rev6 iopcifamily, because with original iopccifamily and your rev3-5 i always get the firewire: ohci unable to get device memory.

question: is possible with rev6 to disable the detection of the smartcard reader? maybe this whole set of problems are related to it.

Hi all,

I need people to test the file and report the result, especially for those who had "IOPCCardBridge::checkbridgebusID's invaild sub/card/pci settings of 0x0" error messages before using rev6.

Here is the test5 IOPCIFamily. Use this one with IOPCCardFamily on rev6 and boot with "-s" to enter single user mode. Let me know the dmesg result.

You may see the something like the following messages on your dmesg result:

==================================

Scanning PCI bridge 0x200d000, bus 0 (0:255)

Bridge BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:00:00

Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:02:02

bridge bus 2:2 I/O 2000:1000 MEM d0000000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000

Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:03:03

bridge bus 3:3 I/O 0000:0000 MEM d0100000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000

Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:05:06

bridge bus 5:6 I/O 0000:0000 MEM d0200000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000

Scanning PCI bridge 0x2012800, bus 5 (0:255)

Yenta BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:05:06

Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 05:06:06

yenta bus 6:6 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000

bridge 0x2012800 scan final bus range 5:6

child 0x2012800 scan final bus range 5:6

Scanning PCI bridge 0x1fe5400, bus 3 (0:255)

bridge 0x1fe5400 scan final bus range 3:3

child 0x1fe5400 scan final bus range 3:3

Scanning PCI bridge 0x1fd2800, bus 2 (0:255)

bridge 0x1fd2800 scan final bus range 2:2

child 0x1fd2800 scan final bus range 2:2

bridge 0x200d000 scan final bus range 0:255

added bridge 0x2012800 bus 5:6 to index 1

added bridge 0x1fe5400 bus 3:3 to index 2

added bridge 0x1fd2800 bus 2:2 to index 3

added bridge 0x2025800 bus 6:6 to index 4

================================

Don't forget to backup your original file before trying it. Thanks a lot.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily_test5.zip

Hi all,

I need people to test the file and report the result, especially for those who had "IOPCCardBridge::checkbridgebusID's invaild sub/card/pci settings of 0x0" error messages before using rev6.

Here is the test5 IOPCIFamily. Use this one with IOPCCardFamily on rev6 and boot with "-s" to enter single user mode. Let me know the dmesg result.

Don't forget to backup your original file before trying it. Thanks a lot.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Here is dmesg for last IOPCIFamily and rev6 IOPCCardFamily:

Scanning PCI bridge 0x44dac00, bus 0 (0:255)
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:01:01
   bridge bus 1:1 I/O 2000:1000 MEM cfe00000:00100000 PFM d0000000:10000000
   bridge bus 2:2 I/O 3000:1000 MEM f0600000:00100000 PFM f0000000:00200000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:03:04
   bridge bus 3:4 I/O 4000:1000 MEM f0700000:00100000 PFM f0200000:00200000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:05:06
   bridge bus 5:6 I/O 5000:1000 MEM f0800000:00100000 PFM f0400000:00200000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:07:07
   bridge bus 7:7 I/O 0000:0000 MEM f0900000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000
Scanning PCI bridge 0x447b000, bus 7 (0:255)
Yenta BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:07:07
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:00:00Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

F  ro my epnattah :b u"s uu0i:d0" ,I /O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00100000 PFM 00
Waiting for boot volume with UUID 252724EC-A21D-3FC0-94F9-BCEC237771D7
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
000000:00000000
bridge 0x447b000 scan final bus range 7:7
child 0x447b000 scan final bus range 7:7
Scanning PCI bridge 0x4475c00, bus 5 (0:255)
bridge 0x4475c00 scan final bus range 5:6
child 0x4475c00 scan final bus range 5:6
Scanning PCI bridge 0x44a4400, bus 2 (0:255)
bridge 0x44a4400 scan final bus range 2:2
child 0x44a4400 scan final bus range 2:2
Scanning PCI bridge 0x4584800, bus 1 (0:255)
bridge 0x4584800 scan final bus range 1:1
child 0x4584800 scan final bus range 1:1
bridge 0x44dac00 scan final bus range 0:255
 added bridge 0x447b000 bus 7:7 to index 1
 added bridge 0x4475c00 bus 5:6 to index 2
 added bridge 0x448ac00 bus 3:4 to index 3
 added bridge 0x44a4400 bus 2:2 to index 4
 added bridge 0x4584800 bus 1:1 to index 5
 added bridge 0x44ad000 bus 0:0 to index 6
Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
AppleACPIPS2Nub startup complete
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00080da0d13f83df; max speed s400.

Unfortunately error message come back again.

Regards,

Mariusz.

i got my dlink pc card working (lights on ..pop up in menubar ica even can turn it off=safely remove)

but it can showed up in the network in syspref..

im on leo iatkos r2 and heres the dlink card

Function: Network Adapter

Vendor: D-Link

Type: PC Card

Vendor ID: 329

Device ID: 560

how do i get it working as a nrmal netork c card..

--edit---as request

IOPCCard info:   cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
IOPCCard16Device: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.
IOPCCard16Device::matchPropertyTable entered.
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "HP"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR241 PCMCIA"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR24x PCMCIA"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCard: shutting down socket 0.
IOPCCard: calling terminate on socket 0 function 0 nub 0x3999100.
IOPCCard16Device: releasing socket 0 function 0 from card services.
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR241 PCMCIA"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR24x PCMCIA"(match string) != "D-Link"(CIS string).
IOPCCard: calling terminate on socket 0 function 0 nub 0x3999400.
IOPCCard: calling terminate on socket 0 function 0 nub 0x4ccb900.

hi chun-nan

here is my result:

ring ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Scanning PCI bridge 0x382a800, bus 0 (0:255)
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:01:01
   bridge bus 1:1 I/O 2000:1000 MEM d0200000:00100000 PFM c0000000:10000000
   bridge bus 2:2 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00100000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:03:03
   bridge bus 3:3 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00100000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:04:04
   bridge bus 4:4 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00100000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:05:05
   bridge bus 5:5 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00100000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:06:06
   bridge bus 6:6 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00100000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:07:09
   bridge bus 7:9 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00100000
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:0a:0b
   bridge bus a:b I/O 0000:0000 MEM d0400000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000
Scanning PCI bridge 0x383f400, bus 10 (0:255)
Yenta BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:0a:0b
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 0a:0b:0b
   yenta bus b:b I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000
Yenta BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:0a:0b
Child BUS: prim/sec/sub = 00:00:00
   yenta bus 0:0 I/O 0000:1000 MEM 00000000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000
bridge 0x383f400 scan final bus range 10:11
child 0x383f400 scan final bus range 10:11
Scanning PCI bridge 0x3826000, bus 7 (0:255)
bridge 0x3826000 scan final bus range 7:9
child 0x3826000 scan final bus range 7:9
Scanning PCI bridge 0x3871c00, bus 6 (0:255)
bridge 0x3871c00 scan final bus range 6:6
child 0x3871c00 scan final bus range 6:6
Scanning PCI bridge 0x37fd000, bus 5 (0:255)
bridge 0x37fd000 scan final bus range 5:5
child 0x37fd000 scan final bus range 5:5
Scanning PCI bridge 0x3806800, bus 4 (0:255)
bridge 0x3806800 scan final bus range 4:4
child 0x3806800 scan final bus range 4:4
Scanning PCI bridge 0x399f000, bus 3 (0:255)
bridge 0x399f000 scan final bus range 3:3
child 0x399f000 scan final bus range 3:3
Scanning PCI bridge 0x3859c00, bus 2 (0:255)
bridge 0x3859c00 scan final bus range 2:2
child 0x3859c00 scan final bus range 2:2
Scanning PCI bridge 0x3870000, bus 1 (0:255)
bridge 0x3870000 scan final bus range 1:1
child 0x3870000 scan final bus range 1:1
bridge 0x382a800 scan final bus range 0:255
 added bridge 0x383f400 bus 10:11 to index 1
 added bridge 0x3826000 bus 7:9 to index 2
 added bridge 0x3871c00 bus 6:6 to index 3
 added bridge 0x37fd000 bus 5:5 to index 4
 added bridge 0x3806800 bus 4:4 to index 5
 added bridge 0x399f000 bus 3:3 to index 6
 added bridge 0x3859c00 bus 2:2 to index 7
 added bridge 0x3870000 bus 1:1 to index 8
 added bridge 0x385b000 bus 0:0 to index 9
 added bridge 0x37f9400 bus 11:11 to index 10
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0
FireWire (OHCI): start - unable to get device memory
FireWire (OHCI): start - unable to get device memory
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   O2Micro OZ711MP1/MS1 rev 21
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USB7@1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/NOONTEC USB Storage@fd410000/MSC Bulk-Only Transfer@0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices/IOBlockStorageDriver/Maxtor 6 AD1G Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1
BSD root: disk1s1, major 14, minor 3
jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: 485376 to: 6546944 (joffset 0x142000)
jnl: unknown-dev: journal replay done.
USBF:	7.723	AppleUSBEHCI[0x392c800]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0xfd, timing out! (Addr: 3, EP: 0)
HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files or directories 

as you can see the firewire still has the ohci error

regards

i got my dlink pc card working (lights on ..pop up in menubar ica even can turn it off=safely remove)

but it can showed up in the network in syspref..

im on leo iatkos r2 and heres the dlink card

Function: Network Adapter

Vendor: D-Link

Type: PC Card

Vendor ID: 329

Device ID: 560

how do i get it working as a nrmal netork c card..

Hi,

Please boot with your pc card attached & send us dmesg message. Screenshot would be nice too (Network preferences in System Preferences & PC Cards info in System Profiler). :)

Hy guys, that didn't work for me. I got a kernel panic on reboot. It says that couldn't find driver for pci card or something like that.

I have backed up original kexts to desktop and tryied to copy them back to extensions folder.. but it didn't work.

Any help?? My system was working fine. I wouldn't like to format.

Thanks

Hy guys, that didn't work for me. I got a kernel panic on reboot. It says that couldn't find driver for pci card or something like that.

I have backed up original kexts to desktop and tryied to copy them back to extensions folder.. but it didn't work.

Any help?? My system was working fine. I wouldn't like to format.

Thanks

Hi,

Please post your dmesg. Please boot with "-v" flags and take a picture when kernel panic happen. Post the picture here. Did you try boot with "-s" flag to restore your original kext file?

Thank you. :)