OSx86 10.4.4 Leaked

Swad

141 posts in this topic

While we knew it would just be a matter of time, OS X for Intel 10.4.4 has leaked. As usual, the recovery disc is being seeded via torrent on a major bit torrent site. The following oh-so-brief note accompanies the 4.2 gig .dmg file:

This is the Mac OS X 10.4.4 Restore Disc included with all the Intel iMacs. It's unpatched so don't bother trying to install it.

No word yet as to the integrity of this file, nor is it known the method with which Apple will keep hackers from breaking their hardware restrictions. In other news, somewhere in Europe a man with a name that, when translated, sounds vaguely like Maxxuss, was seen dashing through the snow covered streets towards his computer shouting something like "Viva la x86! I must get to my hackintosh!"

Watch this space for more news as it develops.

[Digg this Article]

Do you know when it will be available for download (aobut)?

EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA

Will OSx86 10.4.4 run all powerpc software?

Any PPC apps that don't require a G5 to run (virtually none do).

Edited by Metrogirl

EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA

If someone can make this work on a non-EFI system, could be helpfull towards getting a bios-based OS working on a EFI system. Godspeed!!

Edited by Metrogirl

Don't try and tell me we wont be able to Pirate this one :P, we werent meant to be able to Pirate the initial one either :lol:

;):D:P :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2:

BTW, don't you guys think theres a reason that it's EFI and not BIOS... BIOS is ancient to be honest. And dont you think that current motherboards could be upgraded to use EFI, isnt that a much better way to go abouts the problem. Instead of trying to work around EFI, lets try to work around BIOS :P.

I imagine this to be very machine specific, as well as using EFI. Chances are the DVD will need to be rebuilt to use elements from the previous DVD's. It would be nice to see a working clean installation of 10.4.4, though I would expect them to wait for 10.4.5's release (or work on this release until the 10.4.5 release) -- The public is the best beta testing you could have.

Have you ever thought about how much effort Apple will need to go through to keep this off other Intel machines? There will always be people who want something to run where it should not, and there will always be Apple trying to stop them. I don't see the people ending their goals anytime soon.

Well, I think that many people would stop it if it was released for the ordinary PCs too., maybe with a lower version. Let's say when the real Macs get 10.4.5, we get 10.4.3 or even 10.4.4.

So what are the best features in 10.4.4 that 10.4.3 doesn't have?

Well, I think that many people would stop it if it was released for the ordinary PCs too., maybe with a lower version. Let's say when the real Macs get 10.4.5, we get 10.4.3 or even 10.4.4.

i think, when it's cracked, it's cracked. even for further versions.

it's final.

Lesser version releases are not a privilege. They're an update..

If Apple would release a standard basic OS X for use on non-Apple hardware that is classified as unsupported, they could PROFIT from the people who are not going to buy Apple hardware yet want to run OS X.

In a perfect world, that would be great JE....but at the moment, I just don't see that happening....

And fishkorp...simply having a very similar configuration would probably be too easy. There's the fact that you'll have to work around the TPM, which, while it may be similar to previous builds in regards to cracking, leaves us with EFI. We can't assume that just because the mobo supports EFI means it will work with 10.4.4. I only have a vague understanding at this point of how much EFI integrates with the rest of the OS, but I believe that it aims to handle most calls to the hardware within EFI itself. As a result, you can bet that the EFI implementation Apple has will work much differently then current EFI implementations.

Apple's running on the cutting edge here, as no one has integrated this into their systems yet. This means we need time to learn and understand what's going on...

My :withstupid: (canadian)