Jas 10.4.8 Install Can't Find Hard Drive.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Maxdicapua

Maxdicapua

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

I have already set up a partition in vista and then set that partition as my primary drive.

I then restart with the jas dvd in the drive and this all boots up well, I get to the language screen and all is working, then to the introduction screen.

After this it gets to the select a destination screen and of course theres nothing there, so I then go to the utilities tab and then Disk Utility. When this loads up there is just the DVD showing up.

I am very confused and have searched this forum and used many search engines trying to find a solution.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Maxdicapua

Maxdicapua

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just wanted to add some more info:

My hard drive is an ATA drive 120GB

My Partitions are as follows:
(vista) C: 90GB > NTFS
(vista Recovery) D: 10GB > NTFS
(Mac OS) F: 20GB > FAT32

My Laptop specs are:
AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 (dual core 1.9ghz) Supports SSE, SSE2 & SSE3
2GB Ram
120GB Hard Drive.

Anything else you might need to knnow just tell me

handyandy164

handyandy164

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
When you set up the partition in Vista, what command did you use in diskpart? Did you use diskpart??

I see that you formatted it as FAT32, which is not recognised in Mac, Erase you partition, and do this:

Start > Run > Diskpart

type: select disk=0
type: list partition
Find the 20GB FAT32 Partition and remember the partition number (either 1, 2 or 3)
Now type: select partition=(The number above)
"Partition X is now the selected partition."
Now type: delete partition (make sure there is nothing important on the disk!!)
It should say "Command successful" or something
Now, type: create partition primary id=af
Command completed or created message...

Now the install dvd should find you drive, but remember to open disk utility and format it to a HFS + (journaled) partition.

Good Luck!!

Andrew

Maxdicapua

Maxdicapua

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi,

tried this but no luck :)

Not sure what to do now if i was to install it to a usb hard drive would i then be able to install patch and then transfer the install to my partitioned drive? (sorry for the noob question)

handyandy164

handyandy164

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

hi,

tried this but no luck :)

Not sure what to do now if i was to install it to a usb hard drive would i then be able to install patch and then transfer the install to my partitioned drive? (sorry for the noob question)

That sounds extremly complicated... lol

Can you just put a hard drive into your computer box and install onto that..? It is so easy...

When you say 'tried this with no luck' , where did the 'no luck' happen..? Did you get the existing partition erased..? If you want step-by-step, I have MSN + Gtalk ...

-Andrew

Osx86db

Osx86db

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem...

SimpleMac

SimpleMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I have already set up a partition in vista and then set that partition as my primary drive.

I then restart with the jas dvd in the drive and this all boots up well, I get to the language screen and all is working, then to the introduction screen.

After this it gets to the select a destination screen and of course theres nothing there, so I then go to the utilities tab and then Disk Utility. When this loads up there is just the DVD showing up.

I am very confused and have searched this forum and used many search engines trying to find a solution.

Thanks for your help in advance :(

Sorry to hear that
I had the same problem a few days ago
Here is how I solved it, with my friend's help:
Set your hard drive as the Second Master device
Set your CD/DVD Driver as the Second Slave device
Then you should see the hard driver in the Disk Utilities
If that doesn't work, just let me know

karni64

karni64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I cannot seem to find my HDD either and i read your comment an thought it might work till i realized that i am using a Laptop and cannot change my slave options. I tried changing the boot order in bios but that still had no effect. I know the HDD is supported and works because i had a successfull install using the same HDD externally with an adapter;as soon as i put it in my computer , though, i got the little "no smoking" looking sign at the bootup apple screen.

I am wondering if you could help me make my HDD visible so that i know i would have a successfull install after doing so.
Thanx

Sorry to hear that
I had the same problem a few days ago
Here is how I solved it, with my friend's help:
Set your hard drive as the Second Master device
Set your CD/DVD Driver as the Second Slave device
Then you should see the hard driver in the Disk Utilities
If that doesn't work, just let me know

mprasolov

mprasolov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi,

Thanks for your help in advance ;)

Try formatting as FAT 32

Nikitabe

Nikitabe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you found the solution ?

I have exactly the same probleme you had.

Thanks a lot

Nik.

Hi,

Thanks for your help in advance :)

claul

claul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

hi,

tried this but no luck :(

i have the same problem..solution ?

staticxx

staticxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
now i have it too
any working solutions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy