ATI South Bridge Solved!! (ATI IXP) ATI x200 xpress chipset

scousi

154 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Looking for a little help if possible I'm getting pretty weary, it's been 5 consecutive evenings at this...

I've tried the VMWARE install method with little success. The Disk Utility would not correctly partition my drive. It made a strange partition INSIDE the FAT32 partition as opposed to making its own clean HFS+. I tried that several times, and tried a few other things until I finally broke down and built my own custom Extensions.mkext file for my install DVD. I used the IOUSBFamily.kext files and the X200 Southbridge AppleOnBoardATA.kext, and removed any other non-compatible kexts from the cache.

This is my machine it is a V2608WM. COmpaq presario with X200 chipset 200G graphics, 60gb disk 512mb ram AMD Sempron 1.8ghz...

After I made my custom install dvd which works GREAT good boot time and completely installs an ALMOST bootable OSX install. I went back to WINDOZE and used macdrive to again correct the extensions on the new install then VOILA. Bootable system from a Bootable install DVD very COOL.

So this is the issue. If I safe boot I have keyboard and trackpad use. If I do a regular boot I lose trackpad but have keyboard...

My brain is turning to jelly after all this packing and unpacking modding and replacing kexts etc... Anyone got some sugestions?

• 5 weeks later...