PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

I used PM.bundle 137 with 10.5.2 9C23

AppleACPIPLatform is vanilla, just copy the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from previous and I put it on the Extensions folder inside the plugins directory causes not automatically loaded (I edited its Info.plist to match the 1.2.1 acpiplatform)

AppleSMBIOS and Kernel are also vanilla (PC-EFI 8).

Battery status showing fine.

i did the same thing as you but with 10.5.1 and changed the file to 1.1.0 but i have to manually kextload it every time. weird no?

edit:nvm randomly started working after 2 or 3 reboots :) coolio

Im so sad i have a dell inspiron 9400 and i don't even care about the battery showing or power saving i just wanna be able to go in system sleep again and it doesnt work anymore since i followed you're thread... In plus you make a thread but you don't even follow it to answer people that ask for help im making tutorials and i mostly answer to everybody. Now tell me how to return to the same point i was before following you're thread. I didn't saved the powemanagement.bundle so i only have yours and i think that can come from this. I run on kalyway. So i repeat i totally don't care about having my batterie status showed i just really need to be able to returne in sleep mode with fn+escape cause it's for me the only way to make my 2 cores working. I hope this time you'll answer fast if you answer. If someone has the old powermanagement bundle of kalyway DVD 10.5.1 he would be reallly cool to post it here, thanx a lot.

Jacques Dupont(d)

it doesnt work anymore since i followed you're thread...

Well, you can recover all of the original files from your installation DVD: use Pacifist to open SystemEssentials package and look for PowerManagement.bundle there ...

(BTW: It is unlikely that your sleep stopped to work because of Powermanagement.bundle: rather it is because you also changed AppleACPIPlatform - and possibly other kernel extensions: if you expect help from the forum .. please describe in detail what you changed on your system ..)

J.

in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

OSBundleLibraries

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily

com.apple.kernel.mach

These are mine.

match your version.

in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>

<string>1.2.1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>

<string>1.2.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kernel.mach</key>

<string>1.1</string>

</dict>

These are mine.

match your version.

I have a Lenovo T60

I did everything and I got the battery indicator.... but I've lost sleep! :)

I have stock kernel, stock ACPIPlatform with the PowerSource added in plugin dir. So I re-installed the orignal ACPIPlat and sleep did NOT come back... i tried with sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 hibernatefile /dev/null but nothing happened.

Any hint to have sleep back again? I need it more than battery indicator! ;)

Thanks a lot!

Is it possible for someone to upload a working ACPIPlatform for those of us on the vanilla kernel? I've got a Vostro 1500 running iATKOS, and even after copying the PowerSource plugin from my MacBook and changing the ACPIPlatform key in the Info.plist, I've had no luck. Thanks!

EDIT: Whoa. So I installed Slim Battery Monitor in the hopes that maybe it would coax the battery meter out to no avail...or so I thought. Both the regular battery meter and SlimBatteryMonitor just popped up out of nowhere. Only problem is that every time I try to shut down or restart, my computer kernel panics.

works on my sony vaio with kalyway 10.5.1 (Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla) after editing /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

thanks...

uk_rules_ok

I am wondering if your kext works with iStat ? I'm using a modified PowerManagment bundle right now, but iStat doesn't recognise my battery :/

I don't want to try yet, because the last time I was playing with these kext's I messed up my whole OSX installation...

i get the message in system log:

usb caused wake event (ehci)

when i klick sleep

I'm getting the same error... I know some BIOSes allow you to set power options for usb, but mine doesn't :(

This kext works great, and gave me the power icon, ac jack sensing, time and percent remaining works, though sleep still doesn't. (KALWAY 10.5.1 mbr_efi, patched info.plist with version num)

The display sleep works, but when I click sleep from the apple menu or press the power button on my computer it blanks the screen for 2-3 seconds then wakes again. I've never seen it actually trigger real suspend mode where my power led changes color, though putting the display and harddrive to sleep seems to work fine.

If anyone knows how to turn off wake on usb, I'd love to hear how!

Cheers for the kext! Works great!

hi,

thanks! battery meter works partially (remaining time does not, percentage does), still much better than not even knowing when the juice would run out :censored2:

I had to edit the plist file as well.

Kalyway 10.5.1 with Vanilla + ACPI fix, updated via Apple software update.

Sleep sort of works, but system is unresponsive when it wakes up. Since it boots quickly, guess I won't use sleep for now.

Also, don't know if this helps anyone who's having trouble after installing with any kext, really. All terminal commands. No DVD required, all off the HD. Note: it really helps to have backups of any kexts you install. That way, you won't have to remember their names...you'll need them.

You do not have to reinstall (never say never, but not really). Rather, hit F8 when it boots, enter "-s" (without the quotes of course) to enter single user mode.

When you're dropped to the shell, enter (shell commands from here on, the lines starting with # are comments, obviously).

# this will re-mount your hard-drive in read/write mode instead of read-only

mount -o update /

# go to where the kexts live

cd /System/Library/Extensions

# make backup of kext, optional, you really should have done this on install :blink:

cp -R YourKextHere.kext /where/you/want/it/to/go/

# get rid of offending kext

rm -rf YourKextHere.kext

# optionally, if you installed it via a .pkg, remove the package/receipt

rm -rf /Library/Receipts/YourKextHere.pkg

# restore previously backed up/known working kext

cp -R /where/you/put/it/YourKextHere.kext .

# remove kext cache (looks evil, but it's fine - it'll remove any folder called Extensions.anything, cache and so on but leave the Extensions)

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

# recreate kext cache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

# and, finally, for good measure, fix file system permissions

diskutil repairPermissions /

# and we're done! Quicker than a reinstall...

HTH.

Ok I feel like an idiot but when I try to copy the new bundle to the folder, it prompts me for my password and I enter it correctly it says I do not have sufficient privileges to do that. Whats going on, I am using the account I made when I setup the computer.

Ok I feel like an idiot but when I try to copy the new bundle to the folder, it prompts me for my password and I enter it correctly it says I do not have sufficient privileges to do that. Whats going on, I am using the account I made when I setup the computer.
ok weird, it won't let me copy and overwrite but if I delete it first it is fine.

I used PM.bundle 137 with 10.5.2 9C23

AppleACPIPLatform is vanilla, just copy the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from previous and I put it on the Extensions folder inside the plugins directory causes not automatically loaded (I edited its Info.plist to match the 1.2.1 acpiplatform)

AppleSMBIOS and Kernel are also vanilla (PC-EFI 8).

Battery status showing fine.

Where can I get the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext?

Thanks