drivers for Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M

andytof47

13 posts in this topic

Hi there I have successfully installed Kaly on my Toshiba Tecra M5 but I can't enable the video or sound or wireless

the Video is my first order of attack so I'm wondering if anyone has a kext for

the said video card

Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M

??

I've been searching but on the Kaly DVD it gives me an option to install a Natit, or NVINJECT for notebooks but alas on reboot I always get a black screen. I have already tried some Kext packages but again I get a Black screen after the apple logo when booting from the HDD

so if some one has a kext for Leopard 10.5.1 it would be sooooo appreciated

I have some Kexts for the sound which i'm gonna try but since i'm typing my sound card is a

SigmaTel STAC9200 integrated audio

if there is a specific kext for that and someone has this i'd really appreciate that aswell

and finally the Intel pro Wireless card doesn't work but I'll dig for that -- feel free to post links though it would make my job alot easier

thanks everyone in advance

Wait - I swear you're describing my Dell D620.

The laptop nvidia package from Kalyway should work fine, it's what I'm using with my 110M. I dunno why it wouldn't work, I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with it.

The SigmaTel 9200 rarely works for people, I've been very aggressively trying to get some output from it without success yet.

The Intel card (3945abg?) has no driver, it's been in development for some time now but nothing works just yet, you're out of luck.

Wait - I swear you're describing my Dell D620.

The laptop nvidia package from Kalyway should work fine, it's what I'm using with my 110M. I dunno why it wouldn't work, I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with it.

The SigmaTel 9200 rarely works for people, I've been very aggressively trying to get some output from it without success yet.

The Intel card (3945abg?) has no driver, it's been in development for some time now but nothing works just yet, you're out of luck.

Awesome - you've given me all the answers I needed - Shame i can't get the Kaly lappy drivers up though....

As for the WiFi I have a WUSB54g v4 that works :blink: so I can wait for the driver and sound.... welll I post if I get it working

cheers

• 5 months later...

Guys, I have the drivers for the sound card if you would like them still ?I basically used a Debian Live CD and ripped the codec out. Then used the HDApatcher to install it. All working fine with internal speakers. However i still want to get the NVIDIA 110M going with Quartz Extreme ? I have it working normally with 10.5.3 Leopard but no luck on the QE ? helpGuys, I have the drivers for the sound card if you would like them still ?I basically used a Debian Live CD and ripped the codec out. Then used the HDApatcher to install it. All working fine with internal speakers. However i still want to get the NVIDIA 110M going with Quartz Extreme ? I have it working normally with 10.5.3 Leopard but no luck on the QE ? help

Is there a way to run using a nVidia Quadro NVS 110m card on a Dell D620 in a resolution mode other than 1024x768? I do not even see any other options available.

Machine is a Dell D620 2.1 Core2Duo 2G RAM

nVidia Quadro NVS 110m

Dell Wifi

Leo4All V3 with Jas 10.5.3 update

Mark

Did you try to edit com.apple.Boot.plist file? Try to add this (or other desired resolution), for some cards (like NVS 140M) works:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

Did you try to edit com.apple.Boot.plist file? Try to add this (or other desired resolution), for some cards (like NVS 140M) works:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

I will try it tonight when I get home - thanks!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up reinstalling my system - Still used Kalyway 10.5.2 but instead used the Kalyway 10.5.3 update.

Used the NVinstall package with the "go" option. I now have full 1440x900 resolution with QE enabled. Only issue I have now is when I shut down my system, my screen go black but the power remains on. I can successfully do a reboot, though. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

Hardware: Dell Latitude D620 - 2.16Ghz Core2Duo - 4GB RAM

Video: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M - 64MB RAM

Software: Kalyway 10.5.2 with Kalyway 105.3 Update

• 4 weeks later...

Ciao,

did somebody succeeded attaching an external display to the dell 620? I have also the nvs110m but my external display doesn't work.

With the latest nvinject 0.2.1 i got the QE/CI working.

---

10.5.2 kalayway, Dell latitude D620 (with a NV Quadro NVS 110M), NVinject 0.2.1

• 2 weeks later...
Ciao,

did somebody succeeded attaching an external display to the dell 620? I have also the nvs110m but my external display doesn't work.

With the latest nvinject 0.2.1 i got the QE/CI working.

---

10.5.2 kalayway, Dell latitude D620 (with a NV Quadro NVS 110M), NVinject 0.2.1

Ok, super newbie question. This is my first foray into Hackintosh. I too have the Dell 620. I just installed iATKOS 10.5.4 but graphics are limited. So, can you explain what NVinject is and how to install it? Remember, I know practically nothing about MAC's (but am willing to try!).

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

i tried installing Snow Leopard and Leopard ideneb 10.5.8 on Toshiba Tecra M5 laptop and i have one main problem with graphics card. It's a NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 110 M 128 MB RAM with display at 1400x1050 resolution and with all enablers i only have black screen in its internal display. It works without acceleration if i remove NVidia kext files from extensions and of course no resolution change and no QE/CI .

I tried all enablers and its internal display is black.

If connect an external monitor, everything works perfectly on external display, but its internal display is still black.

So Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M video card seems to be correctly recognized and QE & CI are supported very well even in snow leopard(screen saver and so on). If i see properties under system profiler's graphics properties i see that there is no internal lcd connected to it, just the external display.

What's the procedure to let correctly recognize the internal display on toshiba tecra m5 for both snow leopard (and/or leopard 10.5.8)?

With external display, it works out of the box but only with external display.

I saw some topics about displays but they are rather old (tiger mainly).

I really need internal display!

Anyone can give me suggestions ?

Thanks!

Mal

• 2 months later...
Hi,

i tried installing Snow Leopard and Leopard ideneb 10.5.8 on Toshiba Tecra M5 laptop and i have one main problem with graphics card. It's a NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 110 M 128 MB RAM with display at 1400x1050 resolution and with all enablers i only have black screen in its internal display. It works without acceleration if i remove NVidia kext files from extensions and of course no resolution change and no QE/CI .

I tried all enablers and its internal display is black.

If connect an external monitor, everything works perfectly on external display, but its internal display is still black.

So Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M video card seems to be correctly recognized and QE & CI are supported very well even in snow leopard(screen saver and so on). If i see properties under system profiler's graphics properties i see that there is no internal lcd connected to it, just the external display.

What's the procedure to let correctly recognize the internal display on toshiba tecra m5 for both snow leopard (and/or leopard 10.5.8)?

With external display, it works out of the box but only with external display.

I saw some topics about displays but they are rather old (tiger mainly).

I really need internal display!

Anyone can give me suggestions ?

Thanks!

Mal

Hi Mal,

i try also to get SL on tecra m5-407, and have the same problem with graphics. did you allready solved the issue?

Have you installed proper drivers for sound, wifi, bluetooth?

thanks