I cannot boot to Darwin!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Guest: User Name_*

Guest: User Name_*
  • Guests
OK. I have no idea why I am having this problem. I have downloaded the file from both Opendarwin and Apple sites. I have burned them as an ISO in both Sonic Record Now and Nero. Every time I boot up throught VM ware it tells me that there are no bootable devices found. I have pointed the Virtual machine to both the ISO images (no luck) and multiple CD's (no luck). The kicker is that I was able to take Deadmoos image, follow macintel guys instructions, patch it with all the patches, and boot to the Tiger ISO image just fine. But I get stuck at the grey apple screen and get a message that I must reboot. So I figured I would try xpl0de's how to. I CANNOT figure out how to boot to darwin though. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using a Dell Poweredge 400SC
2 Gigs of RAM
P4 SSE2 2.26 GHZ Proc.

tkc

tkc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
i'm trying to install x86 natively as well, following sblr's guide. one of the requirements is to install darwin and i'm unsuccessful in installing it via vmware.

i do know that for yr problem, u have to click on the vmware window, then press esc when the vm boots up. u'll be shown a menu, choose cd-rom. after that u should be able to boot darwin. however, for me, in the end it shows some garbage after darwin boots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy