I cannot boot to Darwin!

Guest User Name

2 posts in this topic

Guest User Name

OK. I have no idea why I am having this problem. I have downloaded the file from both Opendarwin and Apple sites. I have burned them as an ISO in both Sonic Record Now and Nero. Every time I boot up throught VM ware it tells me that there are no bootable devices found. I have pointed the Virtual machine to both the ISO images (no luck) and multiple CD's (no luck). The kicker is that I was able to take Deadmoos image, follow macintel guys instructions, patch it with all the patches, and boot to the Tiger ISO image just fine. But I get stuck at the grey apple screen and get a message that I must reboot. So I figured I would try xpl0de's how to. I CANNOT figure out how to boot to darwin though. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using a Dell Poweredge 400SC

2 Gigs of RAM

P4 SSE2 2.26 GHZ Proc.

i'm trying to install x86 natively as well, following sblr's guide. one of the requirements is to install darwin and i'm unsuccessful in installing it via vmware.

i do know that for yr problem, u have to click on the vmware window, then press esc when the vm boots up. u'll be shown a menu, choose cd-rom. after that u should be able to boot darwin. however, for me, in the end it shows some garbage after darwin boots.