Wireless Network?

7 posts in this topic

Well here is my ordeal.

My brothers Mac Book Pro is completely full pretty much and he needs some space. Were gonna buy an external drive but that is later.

Next thing, we are in the same network. I share my internet with him, with my linksys wireless router and he catches it with his wifi card inside his mac book. Internet works fine for him and a great speed so no problems there.

Is there any way to share my secondary hard drive on my Mac Pro with him over our wireless network? For example, if we achieved this where he could access my second hard drive what are its limitations if any? Would he be able to run programs installed on MY hard drive over the wireless network? Would he be able to use it as though it was actually in his computer? (like its his hard drive)

No programs but data, yes. Go into System Preferences > Sharing > Click the Check next to File Sharing. Click the plus button Under the shared folder column, then click on your hd in the sidebar (left side), click Add. Done. Hope this helped. Dont forget to change permissions so he can write. (Second column in system prefs.) I did this on leoprd, it might be different if you have tiger.

• 10 months later...