Jump to content

Patcher gets stuck after SPDIF detection


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1
kombucha

kombucha

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Sorry, I never would have thought this card had its own forum so I also posted this in the general SigmaTel thread.

I used PuppyLinux to get the attached dump, which works more than other dumps that I've tried but I'm still not having any success. I have a SigmaTel 9200 (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801C2&REV_1022) and when I throw this dump into the patcher, I get as far as:

Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x83847690 Done
* Checking AppleHDA for patch Done
0001f4a7 cmpl $0x83847690,%eax
0002058b cmpl $0x83847690,%eax
* Checking for SPDIF Out Detected
* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected


Using other dumps I've found, it won't even detect SPDIF Out. No matter what, it never progresses past this point.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Other info:
I'm using Kalyway's Leopard
I've tried just about every recent version of the patcher, from 1.10 on
I'm on a Dell D620
I miss sound :blink:

Attached Files



#2
kombucha

kombucha

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
This specific issue is resolved: I had to move the codec dump off of my flash drive prior to running the patcher :blink:

#3
ph0b0s

ph0b0s

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This specific issue is resolved: I had to move the codec dump off of my flash drive prior to running the patcher ;)


Thanks for sharing! I'm having the same issue... gonna try your solution now!

edit : yep, that was the problem ;)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy