Launching Xcode tools

7 posts in this topic

I'm new to Mac and but not so new to programming concepts on the PC, and this is a truly green question but how do I even launch the xcode GUI??? Visual Studio for Window's is painfully apparent, but not so apparent as far as Xcode tools on a mac. It's like a game of hide and seek if you dont know what your looking for!!! :blink:

I installed Xcode Tools 3.0 on Leopard 10.5.

If you installed Xcode you should have a Developer folder at the top of your disk

Go to Applications and pick Xcode... it's that simple...

That's the thing, I went to Applications as soon as I installed the Xcode Tools packages and its not under Applications at all. Applications seemed to be the logical choice but its anything but simple. I've just now rebooted and it still is not showing under installed Apps.

I went to Finder and typed in Xcode, and it brought up alot of Xcode project files, so I clicked on one and it brought up a configuration screen for the Xcode GUI and I selected the default specifications for where I want the build files to reside. I closed Xcode, then went to the Applications folder and NOTHING about Xcode there still. What the hell

Because it's not in your Applications folder.

Click on your Mac drive, and beside the Applications folder (more or less) there should be a folder labeled Developer. Inside the Developer folder, there should be another folder labeled Applications. This contains about ten items, including Dashcode, Interface Builder, and the Xcode.app you've been looking for. The full path is:

/Developer/Applications/Xcode.app

That's the thing, I went to Applications as soon as I installed the Xcode Tools packages and its not under Applications at all. Applications seemed to be the logical choice but its anything but simple. I've just now rebooted and it still is not showing under installed Apps.

I went to Finder and typed in Xcode, and it brought up alot of Xcode project files, so I clicked on one and it brought up a configuration screen for the Xcode GUI and I selected the default specifications for where I want the build files to reside. I closed Xcode, then went to the Applications folder and NOTHING about Xcode there still. What the hell

Please re-read my note... /Developer

Dude, if you can't read a 3 lines post , how can you find Xcode ?!

Use Spotlight and search for "Xcode.app", in the dropdown that is below the spy glass, click on "Show All". In the resulting window, find the Xcode Application in the list of items that were found. At the bottom of the window, it will give you a path for the location of your specific installation. Go to that folder, and you will find Xcode. If you plan on launching it frequently, click and drag the icon to your dock for easy click and open ease.

• 1 month later...