Analog Devices HD Audio (AD, ADI)

anti_user

95 posts in this topic

Guys, sorry for the ignorant post, but I've been really trying to figure out this audio thing.

I have the P5K Premium motherboard and so far I've tried the AzaliaAudio installer but it does not seem to work. I've tried using the AppleHDA Patcher 1.20 and dragged the AD1988 txt file over ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=20303 ) but it told me "* Detected unsupported Analog Codec"

Anything I should try?

ASUS Z99 laptop with ICH7-M southbridge and AD1986A onboard.

With Azalia kext (attached) only internal speackers and volume control works.

There is no sound at headphones out at all.

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

Linux codec dump says:

Codec: Analog Devices AD1986A
 Address: 0
 Vendor Id: 0x11d41986
 Subsystem Id: 0x10431443

Full dump: ad1986a_codec_dump.txt

All 3, 5 and 6 Taruga v2.00 Patcher's keksts tells the same Address and Subsystem.

Have no idea how to get headphones output working :D

Haha! Just tested Taruga's Apple HDAPatcher v1.20:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20			

This codec is not working at the moment, it needs more research

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Got an HP6735b with an AD1984A,

- HDAPatcherv1.20 identifies this as an unsupported codec.

- AppleAzalia extension doesnt work ( volume slider shows, but no sound )

- Turbos Azalia Patch doesnt work

- Tried editing Info.plist -> didnt work either.

If anyone has an idea on how to solve this, please let me know.

Attached the dump.

AD1984a.txt

• 2 weeks later...

AD 1986A HD 5 Channel Codec [integrated on ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard(AMD)]

attached core dump as well as ioreg

Azalia kext gives 2 channel Audio output. But no mic/input

Thanks

Nagu

my signature might help u....click on "Sound AD1986a" in my signature....but the problem is all others r working except backside mic(front mic works)..thanks to MGJulius who gave me this...

i am trying to add back mic support...

my signature might help u....click on "Sound AD1986a" in my signature....but the problem is all others r working except backside mic(front mic works)..thanks to MGJulius who gave me this...

i am trying to add back mic support...

Thanks, During package installation it says already there is a newer version avilable in my PC. I had installed AD1986 from Ideneb1.4. It didnt it even show up speakers!!. Then i came back to azalia :angel:

I already have pin config for my card, Linux dump and i have also identified all nodes. Have a excel sheet with all identified nodes. The only issue i am not sure of how to patch Apple HDA with this information. I tried reading the tutorials..Looks like i am complete idiot that i am not even understanding the "idiots guide" -_-

Can somebody help in telling what all i need to modify in what files. Please dont give me links. I have already gone through all possible posts here in the sound/Genius bar. Tried Taruga Patcher. NO help for the time being. Hoping for 2.0 version. Currently i have removed appleHDA.

I know i need to hexedit some file and modify the default values to my Values. Not very clear what to search for in which file and what to modify. I also know i need to create plist. But dont know where and what.

Would be great if somebody could give me more light. I do find tutorials on ALC. But having realy tough time following them for ADI. Direction would be great. I shall follow.

Thanks,

Nagu

Thanks, During package installation it says already there is a newer version avilable in my PC. I had installed AD1986 from Ideneb1.4. It didnt it even show up speakers!!. Then i came back to azalia :D

I already have pin config for my card, Linux dump and i have also identified all nodes. Have a excel sheet with all identified nodes. The only issue i am not sure of how to patch Apple HDA with this information. I tried reading the tutorials..Looks like i am complete idiot that i am not even understanding the "idiots guide" :D

Can somebody help in telling what all i need to modify in what files. Please dont give me links. I have already gone through all possible posts here in the sound/Genius bar. Tried Taruga Patcher. NO help for the time being. Hoping for 2.0 version. Currently i have removed appleHDA.

I know i need to hexedit some file and modify the default values to my Values. Not very clear what to search for in which file and what to modify. I also know i need to create plist. But dont know where and what.

Would be great if somebody could give me more light. I do find tutorials on ALC. But having realy tough time following them for ADI. Direction would be great. I shall follow.

Thanks,

Nagu

even i have tried same things what u did...then one day i got this solution it worked in my system properly but only problem was back mic ..hey read throough the plist in that package u will come to know that linux codec dump is completely different...and i have compared lcd with vista dump also they both r different but vista codec dump is the correct one...

• 6 months later...

I have the:

ASUS P5K Premium black pearl edition

XFX 4870X2 2GB (Drivers working, probably only half working but I'm happy at 1GB :D )

Running Vista along side OSX86 10.5 on separated hard drives.

I have everything working properly, except the microphone, I have AppleHDA 1.20 and used AD888 A, which is probably the wrong codec altogether, can anyone point me in the right direction?

In sound options the only input device is "CD", output works a charm though.