Front Row universal

johan

64 posts in this topic

could you tell me where the prefpanes are?

easy on your HDD its at /system/library/preferencpanes

on the install disks it is at /system/installation/packages/essentials.pkg <-- to get it out of there you have to use pacifist. when you have the essentials.pkg opened in pacifist the preferencepanes are at /system/library/preferencepanes

highlight the ones you want, then hit install. you might have to enter your password. and when it comes to overwriting or replacing files i like replace. and if all goes well and you get no errors during install your pref panes should work right after you have installed.

I guess we'll see a working uni-bin Front Row installer anywhere in between either a few hours or this weekend. Very excited.

I was disappointed how Front Row didn't show the album art correctly and stuff. I'm assuming this is either because of the glitchy ATi drivers or the fact that it was a ppc binary.

EDIT: I checked the McMAC site and now they have "Front Row 1.3.3" slated for Feb 17th. Did I miss something? Last I checked, they had Front Row 1.3.0 slated for Feb 10th. What happened?

could you tell me where the prefpanes are?

easy on your HDD its at /system/library/preferencpanes

on the install disks it is at /system/installation/packages/essentials.pkg <-- to get it out of there you have to use pacifist. when you have the essentials.pkg opened in pacifist the preferencepanes are at /system/library/preferencepanes

highlight the ones you want, then hit install. you might have to enter your password. and when it comes to overwriting or replacing files i like replace. and if all goes well and you get no errors during install your pref panes should work right after you have installed.

Thanks man for teaching! :graduated:

Worked perfect for me.

damn archive is corrupted! redownloading it

wasn't your download, it is the archive. I managed to decompress it using a windows machine... but there are further problems...

crossposting from my post at the mcmac site forums....

downloaded the latest 1.3.4 Frontrow universal... First of all the zip archive is slightly corrupted, i had to use a windows machine to decompress. Might want to look into that...

More importantly, I installed the frontrow package. selected intel. all went fine. I go to run the frontrow activator and it seems it's compiled as an OS9 app, i.e. classic. which can't be run on intel...

i'm presuming it's just a script... could you upload it seperately an os x executeable please?

for the moment, my keyboard and sound pref panes are broken after loggin out and n again...

looking forward to an update and keep up the good work! thankyou!