Front Row universal

johan

64 posts in this topic

i ran the installer and contrary to what I expected it did not screw around with my keyboard audio controls or my keyboard and mouse system preference panes.

However, it doesn't seem to have done much of anything else either. I am unable to find where the universal version of Frontrow has installed itself, and after running a spotlight search I'm still here emptyhanded.

Any one else care to confirm?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but distributing an app like this to those who haven't purchased the package it comes with is really warez.

Discussion can of course continue, but I've removed the links.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but distributing an app like this to those who haven't purchased the package it comes with is really warez.

Discussion can of course continue, but I've removed the links.

Mushugly, sorry for breaking the forum rules. It was unintentionly.

Guys, it seem to need smth like Andrew' Front Row Enabler for this 1.1 Intel release.

The installer script is easily modified in case you want to tamper the original version. Just find it inside the package and open it simply with TextEdit.

You shall find there the block <script> ... </script>. Delete the block and save file. That's all.

Andrew's site: http://www.andrewescobar.com/frontrow/

He has got the email from me. Let us wait a bit more..

well with this trick of FR enabler i ruined my FRONTrow :hysterical:

anyway i was wondering the OPENFRONTROW app is PPC so if we dont get this version compile for intel no use of using FR10.4.4

I noticed it to. openfrontrow.app is just a script. Who made it? We need the source to build an intel version.

from: http://cultofmac.com/index.php/2005/10/27/...g_it_working_1:

Open Script Editor.app (located in Applications/AppleScript) and paste in the following code.

tell application "System Events"

tell application "Front Row" to activate

key code 53 using {command down}

end tell

Once you have done this, save it as an application named openfrontrow.app in your applications folder.

--------------------------

it seems to be easy. but it doesnt work here. script editor produces ppc.app...

In the mean time I was able to locate Keyboard.prefPane in Essentials.pkg and I extracted it using Pacifist to /System/Library/PreferencePanes... But after chmodding and wheeling and a Permissions Repair it's still not opening :(

Here's the error I can find in the log:

2006-02-02 17:31:24.753 System Preferences[240] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/Keyboard for bundle /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane, error code 4 (link edit error code 4, error number 0 (Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BezelServices.framework/Versions/A/BezelServices

Referenced from: /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/Keyboard

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BezelServices.framework/Versions/A/BezelServices: mach-o, but wrong architecture))

2006-02-02 17:31:24.753 System Preferences[240] [NSPrefPaneBundle instantiatePrefPaneObject] (/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane): principalClass is nil.

Anybody got any idea how to fix this?

Thx :2cents:

Tek_No.. I have been trying to do the same thing and got the same error with the sys prefs. I haven't read page 2 on this thread but it sounds like you used the how-to with the frontrow upater 1.01 and enabler. I managed to fix both Sound and KB and Mouse prefs not opeing was that I had to mount the original 10.4.3 ISO and find 4 things and replace them over the one on my system using Pacifist.

1. Keyboard.prefpane

2. Sound.prefpane

3. BezelServices.loginPlugin

4. BezelServices.framework

Having replaced with the original files, you shouldn't have any problems with the Sys. Prefs. any longer.

As for your link suleiman, it doesn't work with the FrontRow shipped with the Restore Disk. I Pacified FrontRow from the disk and made sure the files are where they should be and double checked the persmissions. When I use the openfrontrow.app script, it just keeps telling me that "the application isn't running".

suleiman, Yes I understood that. I was just giving feedback on what I manage to not get working with this version using the old method :). The old methos and even the method descripbed using the PPC version updater and enable worked. I'm just not keen to using any PPC flavored applications. I hope one day there will be a way to get the current version working on a hacked box.

Hey domino,

thx for the info on the 4 files I needed to restore: I was also missing the functionality of my laptop's volume buttons and now they are working fine again :lol:

In the mean time I gave up trying to get the 10.4.4 included Front Row working on my ATI 9000 based laptop: apparently there is no way at the moment I can get it working (without screwing up another part of the OS)...