Front Row universal

johan

64 posts in this topic

How would you control front row without the remote? With a PDA maybe?

Most of the Keyspan remotes now have beta unibin drivers for Intel Macs. Using that plus Front Row through Rosetta. Was a little tricky to get working, but it does work. Still has a few issues now and then. If you are a patient person wait for the Front Row unibin. But the remote itself (Keyspan iTunes Remote) does have maps for Front Row and works fairly well.

Front Row 1.3 SOON!

January/18/2006 08:06 PM

We are proud to announce a new version of Apple's Front Row software. You might be asking yourself, why are we releasing a version of Front Row if Apple's has not. Well the truth is, it is a massive update for "Intel" users and a easy installation for new users. See the full feature list below.

Easy Apple Installer

Universal Binary (INTEL & POWERPC)

Full iLife '06 Support and format compatibility

USB IR adapter support

We think this is a good update to make Front Row run along side the new Media Centers for the Macintosh that are currently out or that are releasing at the end of this month. iTheater, CenterStage, MediaCentral, etc.

Release date for people outside of the McMAC Site Loop is currently unknown. We are currently waiting a little bit of time to make sure it will run on a PC running Mac OS X x86 v.10.4.4 once it is hacked. But we might release a 1.3.1 after that is hacked and released. So stay tuned to your favorite Macintosh site for more information over time.

Here's the article for anybody who wants to read it. Thanks, alc0h0lic. ;)

I actually read this article a while ago and didn't realize it was for the uni-bin Front Row.

It's in folder /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages/.packages

What I did is just use Terminal to copy the FrontRow.pkg to my desktop using:

cp -R -L -p ./FrontRow.pkg/ /Users/xxxxyyyy/Desktop/FrontRow.pkg

(where xxxxyyyy is your username)

When double-clicking the .pkg file I get a "This software is not compatible with your system" error...

What does FrontRow need: loaded ATI kext? Working OpenGL? Working Core Image?

(I'm using a Radeon 9000 in vesa mode for the moment...)

When double-clicking the .pkg file I get a "This software is not compatible with your system" error...

What does FrontRow need: loaded ATI kext? Working OpenGL? Working Core Image?

Probably it just checks your system version.. If you put there "10.4.4" it may be just enough!

Extracted the .app???

I guess you first need to install it in a proper way: by installing the application's pkg (package) before you can try to actually use it :lol:

About my version... I already changed my version to read "10.4.4" so that is not the problem...

used pacifist to run the pkg and install it. seemed to go no problems. but there was no sign of frontrow in my pref pane for keyboard shortcuts. tried logging out. no go.

maybe stupidly, i ran the software from http://www.andrewescobar.com/frontrow/ because it has a step 'enable front row'

now i can't access my sound or keyboard pref panes. hmmmmm. =P

At least you were able to install it: I even can't get to that point :D

Do you have any video kext loaded?

Do you have CI, QE and OpenGL running?

I have Intel D915GUX, everything works that supposed to work (10.4.3 8f1111a/g).

Will see tonight how about this FrontRow.