MacWorld 2008 Transcript Leaked?

Colonel

114 posts in this topic

I call shenanigans. There is absolutely no way they can cram 1280xWhatever into a screen that tiny on the tablet. They still can't get current 12" tablets past 1024x768. No way they can shrink the size and increase the resolution.

I noticed that too. Either its a typo or its nonexistent.

why would jobs mention another companies product, or a 10.X.x update?

Like I said, brief mention. It'll be at the end. Right before John Mayer or Trent Reznor perform. He'll say something like 'Oh and Office 08 is now available online and in The Apple Retail Stores.' And if I remember correctly, he did talk about Office 04 when it came out. And he'll talk about the 5.2 update solely because it's supposedly the 'biggest update ever'. He'd be stupid if he didn't. I mena why else has everyone been making a huge ass deal about it since like November?

They made a big deal about Office '08 at the last MacWorld. So I don't see why they wouldn't make mention this time around. Besides, Office '08 went RTM so it's probably a good chance we'll hear about it.

MacWorld's on the 15th right? Office 08 is scheduled for release on the 15th. Jobs is gonna make mention of it. He's got to. Yea I'm doubting this transcript. Says nothing about 5.2 or Office 08. Like I don't think he's gonna say much about Office, but he's gonna have a section on 5.2. He's gotta.

Definitely, he's always highlighted Office releases. This one thats natively Intel is more noteworthy than past releases.

why would jobs mention another companies product, or a 10.X.x update?

He always mentions Office.

Wow, that MacTouch/NintendoDS sounds totally gross and un-ergonomic. I doubt apple would sell a random product held together by magnets... and who would actually pay a grand for it?

Exactly, that MacTouch concept is ridiculous.

Hey. What! Why is my bank account empty! :) I like the mactouch idea. Reading the transcipts, a new mighty mouse, that intriques me. I was just about to open the one I got for christmas. Maybe I should return that, and then see what happens. Cool news!

Well, the MacPro and MacBook Pro upgrades and maybe the MacNano seem like the most probable. For the rest, it would be too good to be true I'm afraid...

The MacTouch would be better served with a single multi-touch screen à la iPhone, just bigger and more powerful.

i dont think it would have a sim card port

That's the vibration mode and volume control on the iPhone, the sim card slot is silver with a small hole.

This has to be the most ridiculously insane things I've ever heard from Mac Rumors. I know their track record isn't good, but this is nuts. :P

1) If what they claim is true, about 70% of Apple's entire product line is getting a major overhaul in some way. This is obviously b/s, because at WWDCs and MacWorlds, Jobs never makes announcements affecting more than a handful of products. This reason alone is enough for me to almost laugh at Mac Rumor's statements.

2) The 30" Cinema display will never drop by $500 in a single price cut. We'd be lucky if it made a $300 cut gradually over the span of the next 6 - 18 months.

3) The entire Mac Touch rumor sounds goofy. It's probably the least credible thing. It's the object of some creative individual's imagination in the days before MacWorld. You'll hear a lot of new false rumors popping up, each more radical and lacking of evidence than the last. Classic hype before an Apple media event.

4) Apple isn't going to release a "Front Row 3.0" after Leopard and Front Row 2 has only been out since October. At most, Front Row 2 will get an update.

5) .....

Well, actually I'm getting tired of picking this apart. I could go on for hours.

Office 08 will most definitely get a mention, as well as the iPhone SDK. Those are the only two things that seem probable. As for what else Jobs mentions, nobody knows. Supposedly he has flash cards featuring a wide array of topics, and he only choses which to present shortly before a keynote. A lot of misinformation is circulated to keep things a secret until it comes from his own mouth.

There is too much on the list to let it be true. For me it is just a list of suggestions.

Anyway, it's fun to guess ;)

second that.

if anything the mac nano should be true. and the penryn macbook pros and mac pros.

front row 3.0 sounds like a joke. you have to boot in to it? uhh no. i wouldnt want reboot every time i wanted to watch a movie trailer

itunes 8 sounds true also, and maybe the release of 10.5.2

Definitely, he's always highlighted Office releases. This one thats natively Intel is more noteworthy than past releases.

That's what I'm saying. It's due out, so wikipedia says, on the 15th. I don't see why he wouldn't say anything.

It's cheaper for them maybe? Plus, even low end cards run amazing with OS X... which is why I absolutely love Core Image and Core Animation... My FX5500 feels amazing...

Yeah, but that's exactly why a gammer like me loves more a hackintosh then a real 'Mac Pro'.

I'm surprised not many of you have mentioned the Apple TV... if Apple is to have movie rentals, and Fox is gonna get out some DVDs with iPod/AppleTV formatted content, why wouldn't they update it to take advantage of some stuff? Steve has said the AppleTV is a hobby thing... but that's only because it didn't take off. There's a lot of potential in that little box... and if they're going to make the Mac mini smaller, or re-do it, then it is probable that the two products merge in some way. Apple needs a media centre Mac: it's where everything's headed. Already we've seen FrontRow 2.0, but it's still pretty far away from Windows Media Centre. I think they have to do something with FrontRow, AppleTV, Mac mini, or some combination of other things to grow their little media centre offering. And I'm sure the next iTunes will tie into that somehow.

Yeah, but that's exactly why a gammer like me loves more a hackintosh then a real 'Mac Pro'.

Well, obviously, but like I said, because of Core Image and Core Animation, it allows Apple to use low end, cheaper cards in their systems and still give great performance. Against DirectX, I absolutely adore CI/CA for power management with GFX cards.

But I am a gamer as well, so I can sympathize, but I have no issue seeing higher grade GFX cards as more game's are developed for Mac. EA is breaking the barriers, and I'm sure more will follow.