Realtek HD Audio

anti_user

42 posts in this topic

I have DG33FB motherboard with Realtek ALC888 (6 channel 5.1 audio, address 2). But when I install Everest (program to give details of your CPU) it showed me ALC888/S/T codec. My speakers are working and I am getting stereo output, but I am unable to get Mic, Headphone, Front Jack working. Here is my codec dump which I got after running Linux from a Live CD.

codec_2.txt

Please any one could make the kext working at least with mic and headphones I will be highly obliged.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks I'm new to all this, so please excuse the pathetic newbiness i'll get up to speed asap!!

Just installed the iaktos 5i 10.5.5 dvd, worked surprisingly well, however no internal speaker output just headphone jack!!?? Interesting because seems every1 else has the opposite problem.

I have a Realtek HD don't know the exact chipset. If any of you MAC wizards want to divulge how to extract better info to help with this query it would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

i have a Asrock/Conroe 1333 667/Intel Dual Core/Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2/ with a ALC662/6 ports onboard sound card. i try almost every driver for this card and for ALC8xx and the sound is working but is loud and oversatured, and only have 1 ouput port. what can i do? any ideas??

TIA

im on ALC888s ...stilll got no sound ...the ports got recognized ..everything done but no sound....

:wacko: i took linux dumps from knoppix and ubuntu 8.10. no sound yet!!!!!. :wacko:

In the system profiler (in audio out) there is no info ...that there is no device..

Can any1 help with alc888s...I guess all the recent machines now r equipped with ac888s

and people finding it difficult to use mac without a proper soundcard.

i hope developer and lab people must take interest in thiss... :):):D:unsure:

Almost the alc888s are in intel mobo... so i hope project people will solve the problem ...........

What about the Intel ICH7's ALC650F? It's on a Supermicro PDSG4 motherboard.

I've been trying all kinds of AC97 drivers, but no luck. I'm not sure if I should try the AppleHDA driver.

I have attached with this the dump from Linux of the file in /proc/asound/.

• 2 weeks later...