Conexant HD Audio

anti_user

66 posts in this topic

hi one question u or urs, find the driver for the audio???

i have a hp 530 too, and i have the same problem, pleas help me,,, my mail is, lsalguero15@gmail.com, if u have a driver o a web site that i be download pleas write me ok...

• 4 weeks later...
My wi-fi Broadcom works greatly, i dont know about pcmcia cardbus (work or not work) and audio headphones and mic jack dont work. This laptop practicaly works good with Leopard... Your network card 10/100 should works ok (if its Intel)... But i dont know about wi-fi Intel, i have Broadcom. Im using Kaly 10.5.1

Hi, Anti-user.

How did you manage to enable Broadcom wireless? Which driver did you use? I use Kalyway 10.5.2 and my Broadcom wireless adapter (as found in HP website) is:

=======

Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g WLAN Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN Broadcom 4321AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter

=======

It doesn't work out of box, though.

My laptop is HP Pavilion dv2754tx Notebook PC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i wish there is a way to get the headphone work that would be great. but it seems that there is no progress made . i hope some genus comes up with a work around to get the headphone work . sometimes it happens accidentally like someone is installing and removing kext and drivers and all of a sudden something works :rolleyes:

Funny, this was going to be a concern but I have just discovered in the last minute my Stereo Bluetooth Headset works flawlessly! Tested in Skype and iTunes :) That's a bonus to have in the mean time :)

Linux Dump attached, Thanks!

Computer Type: Laptop HP Pavilion dv9224TX

Sound Card Vendor: Conexant

Sound Card Model: CX20549 (Venice)

Vendor Id: 0x14f15045

Working: Internal Speakers

Not Working: Internal Mic, Headphones Line Out, Mic Line In

Conexant_CX20549_codec.txt

Funny, this was going to be a concern but I have just discovered in the last minute my Stereo Bluetooth Headset works flawlessly! Tested in Skype and iTunes :D That's a bonus to have in the mean time ;)

Linux Dump attached, Thanks!

Computer Type: Laptop HP Pavilion dv9224TX

Sound Card Vendor: Conexant

Sound Card Model: CX20549 (Venice)

Vendor Id: 0x14f15045

Working: Internal Speakers

Not Working: Internal Mic, Headphones Line Out, Mic Line In

plz explain more . is it a usb bluetooth headphone set . and when you are using it . does it stop the sound comming out of the integrated speakers so you can have some privcy?

• 2 weeks later...
I've got an hpdv6500 with connexant built in audio. I'm not seeing leopard 10.5.2 pick up any type of audio whatsoever. It's like the system doesn't see the internal sound. Does anyone know how to address this. Thanks.

-Slevin

Hi, I got same problem with HP DV9205us with conexant. No audio device detected and found in this forum that because of this problems are caused in youtube, quicktime and other video apps.

Did you already got this problem solved?

Hi, I have notebook with Conexant HDA.

There is the info:

Notebook: HP Compaq Presario C762NR

Audio:Codec: Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x14f15051

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30d9

I ve the same conexant model

Notebook: HP Compaq Presario C751LA

Audio:Codec: Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)

Vendor Id: 0x14f15051

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30d9

Finally i figure out my audio problem.I have a hp pavilion dv 2650et and it has got conexant HD which is

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5045&SUBSYS_103C30CD&REV_1001\4&4D4F133&0&0001.

I download appleazalia audio.pkg i don't remember link.

Now speakers working good ..but headphone had't working yet.

Finally i figure out my audio problem.I have a hp pavilion dv 2650et and it has got conexant HD which is

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5045&SUBSYS_103C30CD&REV_1001\4&4D4F133&0&0001.

I download appleazalia audio.pkg i don't remember link.

Now speakers working good ..but headphone had't working yet.

here is the azilaaudio pkg . http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97201 it makes my conexant HD 221 work but only speakers work the headphone doesn't . so nothing new . i tried playing around with it nothing happened . i don't know why it's not recognizing the headphone jack. anyways i hope soon somebody comes up with a newer driver.

• 4 weeks later...

My codec dump. Made on a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo V5505. By any chance, has anyone tried The_kings method?

The AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 doesn't work for me:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20			

* Detected unsupported Conexant Codec

cx20549_dump.txt

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Compaq Presario 770US notebook. Currently, I have sound through built-in speakers using Azalia. Headphones and mic not working.

The sound is recognized in the system profiler with the following info:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x14F15051

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

I did 2 linux codec dumps, one from Ubuntu 7.10 and one from 8.10. I've attached these files. When I tried to use Taruga's patcher, it says "unsupported Conexant codec."

Can anyone help me with this?

dump_1.txtdump_2.txt

• 2 months later...

I am using Compaq Presario V3018TU.

Audio through inbuilt speakers only is working using AzaliaAudio. Inbuilt microphone, Headphone jack, Microphone jack don't work. I also tried patching my AppleHDA but, it only made my sound go away completely so, I had to reinstall AzaliaAudio to restore it.

Here's my card's info from Kubuntu 8.04

Codec: Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki)

Vendor Id: 0x14f15047

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30b2

Revision Id: 0x100000

codec_0x14f15047.txt

SOLUTION FOR 14F1 5045!!!!

ok i have read of 2 guys that they have bought a usb audio aDAPTOR ( i havoe bought mine via ebay for 4$ and its coming tomorrow) and that solve the problem for them!!!

so STOP looking for drivers!! and buy this USB adaptor!! ill post tomorrow if its working for me !!

cheers!

• 2 months later...