Mac os x Leopard 10.5.1 kalway on ibm thinkpad t42

Gravedigger

55 posts in this topic

I had difficulty getting 10.5.2 to install, so I tried Kalyway 10.5.1 with the following config:

IBM Thinkpad T42 (2373-R32), 1.7GHz, 512MB, 100GB hdd formatted as MBR, journalised.

I ran the 1802 bios hack and replaced the Intel Wifi card with a Broadcom bcm94309mp.

Then booted from Kalyway 10.5.1, selecting the SSE2 and MBR options only.

45 mins later, filled out my user info and all looks good.

The wireless worked out the box and connects to my WPA wireless network.

I then ran Software Update and updated everything except the 10.5.5 combo update.

Every boots fine, (sound, video and networking) runs fine and quickly.

Sounds interessting, but you didn't get QT running on the Radeon Mobility 7500, right? So no video/dashboard capabilities for example.

• 2 months later...
I am running Mac os x leopard 10.5.1 (kalaway) on an Ibm Thinkpad t42, everything works as it should except, my wireless card. Are there any known solutions to this problem?Intel PRO/100/1000 LAN adapterthis is what the wireless card is .

Hey there, you said you have everything working on a T42. I have almost everything working except the video.I only have 1024x768. Can you please help me in getting QE or atleast a better resolution. I have ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 on my T42.

Thanks a lot.

Deb

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I've followed it all the way and its got me up to 10.5.4 but the pccard issue is still letting it hang for about 4-5 minutes before boot, wondering if theres another fix like there was for 10.5.2? Any help greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...