Fujitsu Siemens P7120 99,5% Tiger

ebeneezer

31 posts in this topic

• 1 year later...

leopard is running too.

a few issues:

- doesn't boot without AC

- after sleep the computer comes up, but just the BACKLIGHT of the TFT is off. u can see the windows and mouse moving, but no backlight.

now i am trying 10.4.11.. sleep is working fine.

disabling SpeedStep in BIOS? does not work here i want stepping cause of battery life...!?

i did the steps described here in this thread.

its not my first hackintosh :(

GOT IT!!

Tiger 10.4.11 from XxX 10.4.11 Install DVD.

Selected speedstep.pkg. ENABLED SPEEDSTEPPING IN BIOS: on Battery: MAXIMUM, on AC: AUTOMATIC.

With speedstep.pkg from the dvd i have working stepping.

I am now online with my iPhone3G over bluetooth-tethering.

USB-Tethering is not working yet, cause apple didn't provide a USB-Networking kext.

We need iPhoneSystemComponents.pkg for OS X Tiger. The one out there is for leopard.

I would give leopard a second try, but the Display-Backlight is turned OFF after SLEEP. Exactly, the screen is on, the backlight OFF!

Except this leopard was running fine too with QE/QI...etc.

I replaced my mini-pci WIFI-Card with a Broadcom. BUT, on this Laptop i wasn't able to enable it. it was detected, yes, but i was not able to activate it from the AirPort-Menu.

--- Solution is covering the 7th pin from left to right on the card. left2right? the little cut has to be on the left side:

Count like this:

Pin1 |CUT-HOLE-WHAT-EVER| Pin2Pin3Pin4Pin5Pin6Pin7....

i put a tesa-tape over the u7th pin.

i will do a backup now with carbon-copy-cloner and will give leopard a second try. leopard was running same fast as tiger. but i would move back to tiger if i should be not able to fix the backlight-problem after sleep.

I think there will be no Tiger-Driver for iPhone-Tethering by apple in fut

GOT IT!!

Tiger 10.4.11 from XxX 10.4.11 Install DVD.

Selected speedstep.pkg. ENABLED SPEEDSTEPPING IN BIOS: on Battery: MAXIMUM, on AC: AUTOMATIC.

With speedstep.pkg from the dvd i have working stepping.

I am now online with my iPhone3G over bluetooth-tethering.

USB-Tethering is not working yet, cause apple didn't provide a USB-Networking kext.

We need iPhoneSystemComponents.pkg for OS X Tiger. The one out there is for leopard.

I would give leopard a second try, but the Display-Backlight is turned OFF after SLEEP. Exactly, the screen is on, the backlight OFF!

Except this leopard was running fine too with QE/QI...etc.

I replaced my mini-pci WIFI-Card with a Broadcom. BUT, on this Laptop i wasn't able to enable it. it was detected, yes, but i was not able to activate it from the AirPort-Menu.

--- Solution is covering the 7th pin from left to right on the card. left2right? the little cut has to be on the left side:

Count like this:

Pin1 |CUT-HOLE-WHAT-EVER| Pin2Pin3Pin4Pin5Pin6Pin7....

i put a tesa-tape over the u7th pin.

i will do a backup now with carbon-copy-cloner and will give leopard a second try. leopard was running same fast as tiger. but i would move back to tiger if i should be not able to fix the backlight-problem after sleep.

I think there will be no Tiger-Driver for iPhone-Tethering by apple in future....

USB-Tethering? Yes i know it's working here over Bluetooth, but the bluetooth-module in the P7120 is slowing down the connection. i tried it with leopard over usb and it was much faster. :P

any suggestions for the backlight-problem on tiger?

ok guys.

today i switched to leopard using iDeneb 10.5.6.

Selection:

- AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

- Voodoo9.5.0

- Broadcom-Wireless drivers for mini-pci replacement

- pc-generic rlt 8139 driver included in IONetworking..blablabla

- Apple Azalia for sound (just output through speakers)

- intel gma900 (no paperclip-trick is needed anymore)

Tools:

- dsdt patcher using force mode... it compiles but no noticeable improvements

- latest chameleon bootloader

Improvements compared to tiger:

- much faster behaviour and feel of whole OS

- Display-Brightness-Control works out of the box using FN-Keys :P YES

Issues:

- after sleep the display backlight is off

the machine is responsible, it is running. i cann access with vnc/ssh/etc... i can move the mouse and you can see that the display is still showing the desktop and the mouse is moving. ONLY THE BACKLIGHT of the screen is powered OFF.

If i switch the graphics output using hotkey-combi. FN+F10 and then try to incrase the backlight using FN+F7 the display backlight comes back, but the screen is black. i also tried to switch between different screen-resolutions but this isn't a workaround ;(

cheers, flo.

• 1 year later...

FIXED the display-backlight-is-off-problem after sleep with a dsdt-fix!

here is mine

problem after sleep: the broadcom wlan was not able to resume, i have to reboot!

i think its not leopard related, same under linux/windows7

only with os x tiger the card wakes up correctly

dsdt.aml.zip

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

first of all: i only have experience with OSX86 through trial and error.

i have also tried to get OSX working on the P7120.

So far both distributions named here (BlackCHs 10.4.11 DVD and iDeneb 10.5.6. - iDeneb1.6 Lite DVD won't boot) work for me. Thanks again for the list of needed packages/install-options.

Has anyone had any luck with Snow Leopard?

i have tried these so far...

iAtkos: installation starts, but gets stuck at some point, DVD not even spinning.

Universal Snow OSX: DVD doesn't boot (haven't tried any boot options).

Hazard Snow Leopard: i can complete the installation process, but the system won't boot - i'm assuming it's because of the hard-disk-controller, but i'm not sure about that. i guess choosing different drivers might get things up and running.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

i only do it for the fun of it, so i'm not about to spend nights becoming an expert at this ;-)