PS/2 keyboard

sylix

27 posts in this topic

I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't find how to solve this problem. Keyboard works during partitioning of the disk, but after installation - it works no longer, so that I can't get to the desktop. Is there any solution?

I have mouse and keyboard PS2. After instalation I couldn't use them.

To fix it, boot from DVD open terminal and copy the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext from DVD to Leopard HD Extensions folder.

It worked for me... The difference was that I used the old kexts from my Tiger instalation... I think use the DVD kexts work too because during the instalation the mouse and keyboard works... If it din't work, find the tiger kexts and use them...

Don't forget to fix permissions before reboot...

Ive this problem too. my mouse is usb and keyboard is ps2.

During installation ps2 keyboard is work. However installation finished and get in to leopard screen like "registration information" form, I can't enter any chars.

I copied the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext from dvd to leopard partition and did a permission repair but still doesn't work of my ps2 keyboard.

I'm not sure I was copied the files from right location.

Can you show me the full path where these two kext located on the dvd.

That is I copied from

dvd: /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions

to

leopard partition: /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions

anything wrong ?

It's correct...

During the installation have you successfully used the Mouse USB + Keyboard PS2?

Boot the DVD, Open terminal and do this:

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo rm /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions.mkext --> (You have to delete the kext cache to the changes take effect)

After that open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions. Then reboot.

Sorry for my english. :)

I removed the kext on leopar partition before copying files from dvd

my command is

cd /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

cp -rf /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/ .

cp -rf /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/ .

However, I found that no files were copied and no error message shown up

My command syntax was wrong ?????

I always copy files/folder in this command syntax in Linux platform.

I don't know, for me I think it's wrong... I ever use this form:

cp -R /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo rm /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

P.S. before reboot check if the kexts are there:

ls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bedock, this is a very useful app but he needs first to be able to use the keyboard, without it he can't create an account and login into MAC OS...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I don't know much about terminal commands, I only know the necessary for MAC...

Tell me if it worked... I hope you got success!!! :tomato:

Sorry for my english...

I don't know, for me I think it's wrong... I ever use this form:

cp -R /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

sudo rm /Volumes/leopard/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

P.S. before reboot check if the kexts are there:

ls

Bedock, this is a very useful app but he needs first to be able to use the keyboard, without it he can't create an account and login into MAC OS...

Edit:

I don't know much about terminal commands, I only know the necessary for MAC...

Tell me if it worked... I hope you got success!!! ;)

Sorry for my english...

I followed ur command without sucess and boot failed (cannot enter welcome screen)

It shown a big power button as background image and ask you to "restart your computer"

A point need to claify that I executed command with sudo but sudo is command not found, so I execute those commands without a sudo.

p.s. partition bootup successfully and able to get into the welcome screen before I replaced the kext from dvd

fyi: back in the tiger days some systems required that both the keyboard *and* mouse were PS/2 otherwise the keyboard PS/2 port wouldn't work.

Yes old releases only works w/ both PS/2 or both USB, but since 10.4.8 we can use USB+PS/2...

The problem is that the new AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Leopard install don't have the drivers for PS/2 or it's disabled...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@adrian mak

It's strange, you had only replaced the kexts from DVD, there isn't problem w/ this... If your DVD boot up w/ these kexts why your Leopard craches?

Have you repaired permissions? At Leopard boot try "-f -v -legacy"

My mouse is USB but I use a PS2 adapter... I'll try to boot up leo with USB+PS/2 and see what happens...

When I came back I'll reply if that worked...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

I'm here again... I've tested it and everything gone well. (Mouse USB + Keyboard PS/2 and Mouse PS/2 + Keyboard PS/2)

P.S. You said before that you deleted the kexts first, are you certain that you deleted the correct kexts? Your command to copy semed wrong because aparently you had copied only the files that are into the Kext file not the *.kext...

See that almost all files into MAC are 'folders' w/ subfolders (Contents, Resources, Plugins ...) like *.app *.bundle *.kext be careful w/ your commands on terminal...

cp -rf /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/ .

cp -rf /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/ .

However, I found that no files were copied and no error message shown up

My command syntax was wrong ?????

Yes, I think so.

It should be

cp -rf /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext .

cp -rf /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext .

No slash at then end of the path.

I have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard -- it's a Gateway ML6720. I installed using Atkios 1.0ir2. The ps/2 trackpad works, but the keyboard doesn't. I have a Kalway DVD also, and the keyboard wouldn't work booting into that, either. Any ideas? Thanks.

I have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard -- it's a Gateway ML6720. I installed using Atkios 1.0ir2. The ps/2 trackpad works, but the keyboard doesn't. I have a Kalway DVD also, and the keyboard wouldn't work booting into that, either. Any ideas? Thanks.

Is it a Notebook? I've seen other guy complaning that his notebook keyboard doesn't work... I don't know about notebook keyboard and what connection it uses... try this method and if it didn't work I really don't know what can you do... :blink:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78735

Me too! i tried do it on my ASUS P5B-E motherboard, and it not work, my PS2 keyboard still not working and system give me a kernel panic, and not boot (i check and repair permissions by disk utility).

Not work for me too. Kernel panic ;)

Is it a Notebook? I've seen other guy complaning that his notebook keyboard doesn't work... I don't know about notebook keyboard and what connection it uses... try this method and if it didn't work I really don't know what can you do... :)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78735

It's a Gateway ML6720 notebook. I have tried everything. The keyboard won't get recognized, either by a Leopard or Tiger DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

I use PS2 KBD and mouse with ASUS P5B. It works better if you do not replace the Leopard AppleACPI kext. you needa plugin for the AppleACPI called PS2NUB which you dump into the plugin folder inside AppleACPI Kext. Once the plugin is installed, it enable the PS2 support on the Leopard AppleACPI and all you need is to copy ApplePS2 Kext and you get your PS2 kbd and mouse working

Search for PS2Nub in the forums and if you cant find leme know :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the Zxxxxxxxx (don't quite recall the name at the moment) version for AMD, and am using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard. However, my keyboard is USB to PS/2. In addition, this is a combo wireless set, Logitech LX700. Both Keyboard and Mouse do not work when I enter the initial setup screen for Mac OSX installation. Are there any suggestions? Will the commands discussed in this thread work for the AMD version? If so, how would I add these commands before I enter the installation process (after I boot from the DVD)? Please help, thank you very much.

Ciao,

on my Hack with Kalyway ps mouse and Keyboard works well, did nothing special. The only thing during installation I used USB mouse and keyboard, then I plugged my usual mouse and keyboard rebooted and worked with no problem.

Hi everyone, i have the same problem. But my ps/2 keyboard it's only detected in startup, during the instalation didn't work. My USB mouse works perfectly. I don't know how copy the kext, since if i boot with -s , i can't type anything !

How i can solve this?? Now i'm trap in the welcome screen loop :wacko:

My specs are:

C2d e6400

Ecs Pn2-sli (nforce 680i)

1gb ddr2 800mhz

geforce 7600gt

ide hd

ide dvd player

i have win xp in another partition, with MacDriver installed.

Thanks in advance !!

Hey guys, another interesting keyboard issue for the thread that I haven't spotted on the forums yet, I have here a buddy's Acer Aspire 1681WLMi that I just got running Tiger last night. And the following problem is applicable wiether booted from DVD or from the native install, but when first booted in, the keyboard works up until you attempt to use the touchpad mouse, if you don't use the touchpad, keyboard stays working, so much as nick that touchpad, kiss that keyboard goodbye and hello again one reboot later. External USB mouse works just fine with the keyboard, but I've caught myself a couple times defaulting to the touchpad so I'd like to see if I can sort it out. I believe it's a JAS 10.4.8 dvd that I used. Haven't gotten as far as aqquiring and testing Leopard on it yet. Other wise this machine works well enough despite no kext's being loaded at present with QE/CI for the video card [GMA 900 series intel or there abouts anyway.] and wireless was quick and easy after a little reading up between insanelymac & google with use of a USB thumbdrive, and a download of iwiDarwin for the intel2200bg, had wireless going in no time. This keyboard being cancelled out by the touchpad problem is a really good question though, haven't tried any of the above mentioned suggestions yet though, not fully convinced they are even applicable in this situation.

BTW, your best bet for copying commands for acpi and appleps2 would have been [this just being right off the top of my head] are:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPI.kext ~/

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext ~/

Which would have copied them both to /Users/usernamehere. ~/ = $home

Thanks,