Why is InsanelyMac so slow these days?

64 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I just couldn't load ANY page for about five minutes. Safari said that the server had stopped responding. What happened? Now that it started working, it is fast, nice work!

I just had that issue as well. And for the past 15 minutes I've been getting a slew of IPS driver errors.

Well, I just couldn't load ANY page for about five minutes. Safari said that the server had stopped responding. What happened? Now that it started working, it is fast, nice work!

Same here. For about 10 minutes I couldn't load any IM pages but yet my internet was fine because all other sites loaded. But I didn't get any IPS driver errors.

Actually recently I've been getting more page not loaded screens (not sure what they're called, not sure if ti's times-out) and almost no IPS driver errors.

Same here. For about 10 minutes I couldn't load any IM pages but yet my internet was fine because all other sites loaded. But I didn't get any IPS driver errors.

Actually recently I've been getting more page not loaded screens (not sure what they're called, not sure if ti's times-out) and almost no IPS driver errors.

Same here, but I thought it was my internet. I was downloading about 5 torrents at a total of 1.5 MB/s down and about 200 kb/s up. That really slows the whole thing down. :P

Well think of it this way.

You are in a queue, waiting for McDonalds (Or KFC :)) staff to serve you. Now since McDonalds are so busy today they are taking real long to keep the queue moving and therefore it all goes kaput. You get impatient and leave.

Same Scenario with the timeout errors. This forum gets loads of requests per second.

Actually we are hosted by Fubra who own this site, We are self hosted.

The problem was more of a maintenance issue which needed to be attended to urgently. Delaying it might of caused data corruption which would result in even more downtime whilst the server techies got things up and running.

Just received this while trying to access post-installation discussion forum for Leopard 10.5

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

hope you can fix this as well