Ubuntu

Alessandro17

36 posts in this topic

I have perused the ubuntu forums for a while before just for the comedy of it. Hell if you get into a fight there it is normally a case of just embarrass the fool and watch him run off crying to mummy. Don't get me wrong, i do like ubuntu but only for the amount of people it has made aware of linux. It is otherwise despisable because it is technically inferior in places to any of the other big competitors and the general user base ARE ignorant, stupid, trolls but you have to commend them for the one good thing they have done (but what that was just slipped my mind :P )

:rolleyes::hysterical: :hysterical:

I found the above in another forum. It was not written by me.

:(:):|

I found the above in another forum. So funny and true!

The guy who wrote that is admitting to being a deliberate malicious troll. I feel repeating it lowers the tone of this forum, and how it qualifies as a laugh I have no idea.

Shame on you for this post, you should be above this kind of {censored}.

The guy who wrote that is admitting to being a deliberate malicious troll. I feel repeating it lowers the tone of this forum, and how it qualifies as a laugh I have no idea.

In his forum, they found it funny. And the author is a senior and respected member of his community.

Shame on you for this post, you should be above this kind of {censored}.

Different sense of humor? Anyway, delete it if it isn't to your liking.

Odd how making fun of Windows, Apple and almost everything else is legit, but Ubuntu can't be touched.

And BTW, shame on you

In your position you should be impartial, but you are not, definitely.

Here you go again.

Got anything negative to post about another OS for once?

I don't think it's anything to do with a sense of humour. It's just that you're taking intentional digs at Ubuntu given any opportunity whatsoever. As I've pointed out before, anybody on this forum could find negative user experience of any OS you happen to choose on the 'net. It's just that most of us don't have a vendetta against any particular platform. I couldn't give a rats ass what OS you want to use, but at least leave other people with an open mind.

Here you go again.

Got anything negative to post about another OS for once?

I don't think it's anything to do with a sense of humour. It's just that you're taking intentional digs at Ubuntu given any opportunity whatsoever. As I've pointed out before, anybody on this forum could find negative user experience of any OS you happen to choose on the 'net. It's just that most of us don't have a vendetta against any particular platform. I couldn't give a rats ass what OS you want to use, but at least leave other people with an open mind.

Which part of "fun" and "laugh" didn't you understand?

Oh wait, everything and almost everybody is a legitimate target for fun and sarcasm in this forum, except for Its Majesty Ubuntu and Its Only Prophet, Mark Shuttleworth?

How about this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry559026

A random example among many thousands, used just because it is the most fresh.

If this forum starts censoring humor because certain things are untouchable, I don't want to be a part of it any longer, thank you. Only the worst of dictatorships censor humor. Every self respecting Brit will agree with me on this. But I don't expect Americans or Northern Europeans to fully understand.

If it's any comfort, I found it hilarious! :D

Don't feel bad Alessandro, the only thing worse than an Apple fanboy is an Ubuntu fanboy. :P

(And before you bash me: I love all Apple's products, and have given Ubuntu no less than half a dozen fair chances. I just hate fanboys of any and all types, no matter what the product/company.)

If this forum starts censoring humor because certain things are untouchable, I don't want to be a part of it any longer, thank you. Only the worst of dictatorships censor humor. Every self respecting Brit will agree with me on this. But I don't expect Americans or Northern Europeans to fully understand.

It's funny how you were one of the people pointing out that one doesn't have free speech on this private forum in another thread.

Look, you can post whatever you want. I was just pointing out that you're clearly victimising Ubuntu. As I pointed out, I don't care what OS you, or anybody else uses, I just wish you'd find something new and intelligent to post about rather than just exercising your pet hate and favorite rant AGAIN. I'm bored with it.

I don't get what's funny about calling somebody a troll just because they use an OS. Form what I can see, the only troll in this thread is you.

In his forum, they found it funny. And the author is a senior and respected member of his community.

Different sense of humor? Anyway, delete it if it isn't to your liking.

Odd how making fun of Windows, Apple and almost everything else is legit, but Ubuntu can't be touched.

And BTW, shame on you

In your position you should be impartial, but you are not, definitely.

OK, everyone stop eating their Violent Retard Flakes for a minute and let's talk (see how I started this post out? Kind of sickening that I have to resort to that on this board).

There is a major difference between disliking something and calling someone who uses it a complete idiot. HUGE difference.

The original post made fun of the user base as a collective. That's a bad thing. If you have a problem with a piece of software, that's fine. Just don't make it into a personal attack.

You can go back to eating your Violent Retard Flakes now, as this message will most likely be ignored and people will start the attack again.

Now Alessandro17 left because of this :P

Look what it says in his sig.

No kidding. He was one of the biggest givers of helpful advice on this board. Way to go guys.

There is a major difference between disliking something and calling someone who uses it a complete idiot. HUGE difference.

The original post made fun of the user base as a collective. That's a bad thing. If you have a problem with a piece of software, that's fine. Just don't make it into a personal attack.

First off, you aren't helping the situation at all with your condescending "retard flake" comments.

Second, he wasn't making fun of the user base as a whole. He said the "general user base," which would be the 13-17 year old kids who run around screaming "RAAWK, polly use Ubuntu!" and 'sticking it to the man' by using Ubuntu and only open-source software as a social statement of some kind. These are the same kids who bash Microsoft and use AMD processors, because it's the "cool thing to do" in the tech industry, and typically can't even tell you the difference between C++ and Java (that is, if they even know what a programming language is), and probably can't find Iraq on a globe. I guess it's a joke you have to hang around at Digg to understand, and could take it the wrong way if you don't.

It's just an operating system, and if you can't at least make fun of the silly fanboys without getting your panties in a bunch, the issue probably lies deeper than a forum post of the internet. :P

If Alessandro17 is really gone, this sucks. With the loss of Alessandro17, we're going to start to see the Real Life and *nix subsections get lonelier and lonelier.

No kidding. He was one of the biggest givers of helpful advice on this board. Way to go guys.

QFE

Here's a cheesy birthday card to some things up:

shs_beachMissYouMsg.jpg

I think I stand for MOST users when I say that we miss you and want your knowledge back as a part of this community. But that's the problem with our society, some 90% are uneducated not in the did you pass the test way, but in a social way.

EDIT2: Bar removed in respect of A17! So is the comment!

I don't think I will put a "InsanelyMac Idiotic Staff Team Boycott" bar in my sig...because I'm 1 warning away from being banned from this place. It would be funny if I got banned in the process of getting Alessandro back :(

I sent him a PM asking him to come back. I appreciate that you made a userbar MasterofComputers, but I don't have any issues with the Insanely staff. I'm not sure if Alessandro left because of that one comment from Hagar, maybe there were some PMs? If he did indeed leave because of Hagar's comment, I'm not displeased with Hagar. Hagar can say whatever he'd like. I kind of pity the mods in the sense that they moderate because they love the community, but then they're held to ridiculous (in my opinion) standards.

I feel that I have to add a final word.

To all who have asked me to stay, thanks friends, you are nicer than I deserve.

I'll consider your kind request, but right now I want to take a break anyway.

To all the others, once again: which part of "laugh", "fun" ad "joke" you didn't understand?

Since when is a joke taken so seriously?

And I want to stress that the quoted content of my first post was not written by me. Heck, it is not my style at all!

@MasterofComputers

You shouldn't do that. I appreciate that it is your way to help, but I do not approve.

• Like 1

Alessandro17 please stay. If you have any issues then take it up with me. There aren't that many people I actually enjoy havering a conversation with here and you're one of them.

I'm not asking as a staff but as a friend (cz you're on my friends list).

If you need to talk something out then PM me.

First off, you aren't helping the situation at all with your condescending "retard flake" comments.

Comprehend the entire message. It seems lately that everyone on the boards are eating Violent Retard Flakes. People need to stop eating that brand of cereal here.

Second, he wasn't making fun of the user base as a whole. He said the "general user base," which would be the 13-17 year old kids who run around screaming "RAAWK, polly use Ubuntu!" and 'sticking it to the man' by using Ubuntu and only open-source software as a social statement of some kind. These are the same kids who bash Microsoft and use AMD processors, because it's the "cool thing to do" in the tech industry, and typically can't even tell you the difference between C++ and Java (that is, if they even know what a programming language is), and probably can't find Iraq on a globe. I guess it's a joke you have to hang around at Digg to understand, and could take it the wrong way if you don't.

So we're bashing just a percentage of the user base? It doesn't make things right. Why don't we go and bash the Jews while we're at it? Or black people?

It's just an operating system, and if you can't at least make fun of the silly fanboys without getting your panties in a bunch, the issue probably lies deeper than a forum post of the internet. :D

It's called rising above the situation, but those who eat Violent Retard Flakes just can't seem to understand that.