i figured you guys might enjoy this...;-)

nerd of nerds

21 posts in this topic

heeellllooooo!

well, seeing as all this osx86 stuff came out right around the time i was looking into a g3 ibook i decided to go for that instead....(Bday gift...)

in celebration of my new mac computer i decided it would be fun to trick out my compy case with white lights and some apple logos... ;)

here is a pic i took the other day of the "window" (it might end up looking like the apple on an ibook tho :D )

dscf12976zn.jpg

• Like 1

my original plan was actually take a G5 case and stick my pc components inside it...but it is suprisingly hard to get a used G5 case, and also major $$$$$$$$$$ to buy a brand new one. New project might be a G4 Case though.

Wow... that looks almost like a real Power Mac.

When I think of unholy marriages, I'll picture this thread.  You should have gotten a G4 or a G3 case and modded that instead.

well, so i guess you don't like it then...

i wouldn't DARE mod a g4 case! g3? eeeeeew! g5? might put my computer in it, but sure as hell wouldn't mod it...

see, mac cases (for the most part) are already beutiful...

• 4 weeks later...

haha that's cool. reminds me back when I was dreaming about taking a G3 case (yeah those cases were blessed hott) and putting a PC into it. But where would I have found a G3 case unless I woulda bought a G3 and then anyone ever managed to do that? what would be great to would be to put a PC in a G4 Cube case, or even a MacPlus or Classic case, but i think it's already been done..

• 4 weeks later...

Now for that case... (at least this is what I would do)

-Brush up those edges with a little sanding.

-Add some plexi-glass under it (get good stuff that wont scratch too easy)

-Get some Col-cathode lights + a relay and wire them through the light off your power supply/motherboard, you may need to use a triac relay to do this if the cathodes require more power

-Get some nice acryllic spray paint and make it look "pretty"

Voila, you have THE PERFECT case! (you might even want some faded-white plexi and do kinda like that power-book glowing apple instead)

• Like 1

my original plan was actually take a G5 case and stick my pc components inside it...but it is suprisingly hard to get a used G5 case, and also major $$$$$$$$$$ to buy a brand new one. New project might be a G4 Case though.

Hey, that was my initial intention too! :D)

But after some time spent on seeking around for a genuine G5 case I bought this:

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/D_PC-800.htm

And it's even better for this one is a Desktop case! G5 PowerMacs are all in Tower cases so mine is a really unique G5 in that aspect! :mellow:)) lol

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

heeellllooooo!

well, seeing as all this osx86 stuff came out right around the time i was looking into a g3 ibook i decided to go for that instead....(Bday gift...)

in celebration of my new mac computer i decided it would be fun to trick out my compy case with white lights and some apple logos... :D

here is a pic i took the other day of the "window" (it might end up looking like the apple on an ibook tho :D )

dscf12976zn.jpg

Now for that case... (at least this is what I would do)

-Brush up those edges with a little sanding.

-Add some plexi-glass under it (get good stuff that wont scratch too easy)

-Get some Col-cathode lights + a relay and wire them through the light off your power supply/motherboard, you may need to use a triac relay to do this if the cathodes require more power

-Get some nice acryllic spray paint and make it look "pretty"

Voila, you have THE PERFECT case! (you might even want some faded-white plexi and do kinda like that power-book glowing apple instead)

That's amazing, nerd of nerds and Sentertainement you wrote this in 2005 and I start this in 2008 and finish the window in 2013. And I have just read you today.

img5410hx8.jpg0502091929cv9.jpg2312121233.jpg20121223162141.jpg