Can Anybody Please Help Me With Getting Leopard and XP Working..

THiRD

3 posts in this topic

What's Up IM,

I've been trying to work out my problems regarding running Leopard and Windows XP for quite some time now and I can't get BOTH to run right, only one.

WHAT I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO DO: Run Leopard (iatkos v1.0) with Windows XP MCE flawlessly.

I do not have a Windows XP CD, all I have are the HP Recovery Discs which wipe out both hard drives, so I have to install Leopard after I install XP. After XP MCE is installed on the first (Local Disk C:) of 2 Hard drives on the computer I reboot and get to the installation of iatkos. Once in iatkos I load up Disk Util and I partition the second separate hard drive for use with Leopard (HFS+ Extended Journaled) and I make sure that I clean all the drives out correctly then make it MBR. I open up Darwin and I do that and then I hit customize on the installation and install the NVIDIA drivers and then go through the installation all goes well and when i reboot it says HFS+ Partition Error (w/o CD in) and w/ the CD in it goes to the Darwin iatkos loader where you can go into verbose or safe mode.

I think that the 2 OS are fighting each other, I also try and set the flag to boot but I still get the same errors. Can anybody help diagnose my problem?

HP DV8000t

US Product Number EZ701UA#ABA

Microprocessor 1.83 GHz Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology featuring Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2400Microprocessor Cache 2MB L2 Cache

Memory 1024MB 667MHz DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)Memory Max 2048MB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Video Memory 128MB discrete + 128MB shared

Hard Drive 200GB 5400RPM Dual HDD (100GB x 2)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)

Fax/Modem High speed 56k modemNetwork Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless Connectivity Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Sound Altec Lansing

Keyboard Notebook keyboard with scroll bar and integrated numeric keypad

2 Quick Launch Buttons (HP Quick Play Music and DVD buttons)

Calculator Launch ButtonPointing Device Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad PC Card Slots

• 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
  • 1 Type I/II 32-bit card bus (also support 16-bit)

External Ports

• 6-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Sticks, Memory Stick Pro, SmartMedia or xD Picture cards
  • 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
  • 1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio
  • 1 microphone-in
  • 1 VGA (15-pin)
  • 1 TV-Out (S-video)
  • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
  • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
  • 1 Expansion Port 2, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
  • 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Dimensions 11.1"(L) x 15.62"(W) x 1.48"(min H)/1.82"(max H)Weight 8.1 lbsSecurity

• Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot
  • Power-on password
  • Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

• 90W AC adapter
  • 8-Cell Lithium-Ion

Use "Ghost" and back-up your windows, I guess you are having a second Win partition called "D". Then erase your "C" and formated as NTFS. Format the partition you like to install Leo in Fat32-Primary-active. Start installation of Leopard and chose EFI to MBR. After restart you will boot of with Darwin and continue installation. Enjoy your self. Later, with "Ghost" again bring back your Windows and you'll have a dual-boot system.