• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

hode

hode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Just got a new intel iMac with 10.4.4 installed.

Is there some way I can make a straight copy of the hard drive to another hard drive, add anti-tpm patches, and drop it into a pc?

Carbon copy cloner doesn't see any mounted discs...

Also, I've read on another thread that the restore disks are of no use as they specifically look for iMac hardware.

pc_guru

pc_guru

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Computers/Systems/Software, Chess, music, movies.

Just got a new intel iMac with 10.4.4 installed.

Is there some way I can make a straight copy of the hard drive to another hard drive, add anti-tpm patches, and drop it into a pc?

Carbon copy cloner doesn't see any mounted discs...

Also, I've read on another thread that the restore disks are of no use as they specifically look for iMac hardware.

I don't know if this works in 10.4.4, but in 10.4.1 works to me, i use disk utility and create a .dmg image of osx86 HD (partition) and after i copy it in any other partition (windows xp or some FAT32). I have 2 osx86 versions installed in my pc (in my master HD) and i use the osx86 partition to restore the prevously created image. Somepeople use acronis, but i've not tried it yet.

narunet

narunet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
It's possible to transfer it, but it is not possible to run it on a PC because we do not have the right patches yet.

hode

hode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
So stick with 10.4.3 for now?

sigxcpu

sigxcpu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
there is a 10.4.4 hysteria. why is that?
OK, I admit it's interesting to have next versions patched, BUT do you know what 10.4.4 brings you over 10.4.3?

hode

hode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've read 10.4.4 is the first version of OS X for intel that lets you use software update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy