8800GT G92 512mb _id:0611 10.5.2 files: !TEST!

spanakorizo

64 posts in this topic

I need to short out why KALYWAY and 8800GT is crashing with the 10.5.2 kexts and framework

SO please if you have this card post also what method you used and what osx..

iatkos and 8800GT there is noway to get QE/CI ,so most of you should be with kalyway or your own 10.5.1 system

Now.. after A LOT OF TESTS i'm sure that the reason is the new kexts and some apps that use QE/CI will crash (not the apps ..THE SYSTEM)

the fastest way will be to open TOAST8 that doesn't run without qe/ci and try to copy a 4GBDVD

I don't want you to waste a blank DVD so only the reading will do (in the half osx will crash)

The crash will be kernel panic (grey screen ..press power button etc etc) or no kp but nothing will moves

no restart ,no crash at the app but crash at the osx

TOAST IS JUST AN EXAMPLE... I COULD TELL YOU OPEN FINAL CUT AND START EDITING

BUT WITH THIS APP THE CRASH WILL COME FASTER... i tested a lot believe me in that..

P.S. I tested also a 8500GT that was not compatible before the 10.5.2 with the new kexts and still crash

so it's not only the 8800 but the NEW 10.5.2 kexts+framework.

P.S.2 I tested a lot with apps don't use qe/ci ..i copied a 4.5GB on the desktop so it's not my DVD/IDE/SATA controllers problem

WHEN I INSTALL THE CARD WITH QE/CI THEN THE PROBLEMS START...

so plz just give me 5' of your time and open toast ONLY if you own this card and used 10.5.2 files (there is no other way)

If you have kalyway would be better for me to understand that my problem is somewhere else

muitommy please test... i'm trying to figure out if it;s the distro or the 10.5.2 files

99% it's the beta files.

ok now listen everyone ...

all those days i;m trying to figure out what cause my crash in leopard (kalyway)

if you install kalyway but not change the frameworks and the 10.5.2 kexts even if you play with osx for 1 year online it will not crash (without qe/ci enabled in the card)

that goes for apps that don't use qe/ci ,the others won't even run (toast is an example)

you don't want to hear so far what i tested ...i tested A LOT and this is true

so today after replacing the card with 8500GT (again to work needs the 10.5.2 files) the system continue crashing

so it was FINAL ..the crash is because those beta files

screensaver can cause the crash ,final cut in 1 minute or in 1 hour can cause the crash etc etc

but the fastest way i found was "toast" that's why i told you to test with this software

it's not about TOAST testing here ...it's just the fastest way ,if you want open finalcut,premiere or whatever and start testing

last night i left the pc looping a movie in quicktime ..when i woke up everything was ok ..no crash

but quicktime can play movies even without qe/ci

so please whoever has toast (fastest way) please test copying a full DVD (installation disk for example) and see if it will crash

and i say for the last time ...it's not that toast is a buggy software ,this could happen with every app that use qe/ci

why toast? ok if i found a fastest way to crash i'll post it.. The other ways need time and maybe the crash happen after a lot of hours

okay, i will test and post up the text results later.

and will any system log will help u find the problems,

i indeed encounter similar problems, but i suspect it

was the problems of my sata controller or may be the

usb 2.0, but i don't know how to find out the problems...

and don't even know will that the kernel panic occur during

system using will be recorded down ... so just plz somebody

tell me, so i can help figuring out!!!

::not yet try toast, will try later, just wait for a moment, cus

i'm doing backup in vista :D

i could finish to copy out a hirencd without a problem,

and i can open final cut pro and leave it for half an hour without kernel panic

i did try to copy the toh rc2, but my system hang at the last moments, i can

say it's due to the 10.5.2 kext, cus i noticed there are some problems in my system

that 's not yet be solved, as i can copy a cd without a problem, so i may conclude

there shouldn't be a serious conflicts with the kexts..

indeed, my system would freeze sometimes, more exactly is the mouse malfunction,

but i think this is no business with the 10.5.2 kext :)

p.s. kernel panic (4 language) when screensavers start for few minutes

i could finish to copy out a hirencd without a problem,

and i can open final cut pro and leave it for half an hour without kernel panic

i did try to copy the toh rc2, but my system hang at the last moments, i can

say it's due to the 10.5.2 kext, cus i noticed there are some problems in my system

that 's not yet be solved, as i can copy a cd without a problem, so i may conclude

there shouldn't be a serious conflicts with the kexts..

indeed, my system would freeze sometimes, more exactly is the mouse malfunction,

but i think this is no business with the 10.5.2 kext :)

p.s. kernel panic (4 language) when screensavers start for few minutes

ok ,i said to copy a DVD ,not CD ..i could also copy a CD without a problem

cd is 700mb ,dvd is 4.5 ;)

yes it's about the 10.5.2 files when your system will freeze ,it's nothing else

yesterday i thought i solved it ,so i said "ok maybe its the @#$cken toast ..forget it"

so i started work on a project at motion and after 90 MINUTES ..the crash happened

maybe it could also happen after 10 minutes or after 10hours .i said use toast cause it's the fastest way to get the crash

so let's clarify something...

osx works ok means: "yes i can boot ,open safari,maybe itunes for some minutes ,then i'm bored so i boot again to XP and play some games...

but 1st i will post to the forum that everything is ok with the card..."

we don't need this

we need:

"osx works ok i'm sure about it and i can have it allways on as primary system"

primary system means your tool to work there ,when u push the button leopard will boot

so if somebody wants to help in this topic i need to be the one than plans to use leopard as primary system

not test for 5 minutes

Hi..

I have test what u said, and i have notice that the graphic card gets too hot during coping dvd becouse is using CI-QE as you said. I think replacing the 8800gt stock cooler will fix that problem, or having a software to modify fan speed.

You card gets TOO HOT and the crashes!±!

Hope this helps to you.

1) very good..this could be a reason ,this was the 1st thing i thought when it crash

i agree with you

so when i realized that i looked out for a mac app to monitor the temps at the gpu but i didn't find any

how did you monitor the temps??

you say ,the card gets to hot ,this is a fact for the 8800GT ,but how did you know?

also is there any program to speed up the fan???

at xp when i want to start a game for example i change the fan at 70%

with stock cooler it stays at 29% so at mac it will be at 29%

2) i insist that is because of the kexts and not the driver

i forgot that yesterday with the 10.5.2 files i installed my 8500GT and crashed again

8500GT also gets too hot and crash? ...cmon now its obvious

if i found another card that still loads with the normal frameworks and kexts it will not crash

problem is at the 10.5.2 files but noone here accept the fact

because NOONE IS TESTING ,and that's why i made this thread

i said i can boot now in mac and stay as long as i want but with safari,itunes,maybe a movie and that's all

nice emulator

Just tested burning a DVD with Toast, while at the same time running iDVD, iMovie and iPhoto plus the mosaic screensaver. Everything worked, no problems, no crashes. It was kinda sluggish due to the un-optimized nature of the drivers, but that's the only problem.

Sorry dude, but it's not the 10.5.2 kexts + framework on their own, it's something wrong with your system when you use those files.

ok thank you that's what i needed to know

i think it's not with my system though

what distro you tested ? brazilmac?

somebody please confirm that it doesn't crash also with kalyway

maybe it crash only with kalyway's and 10.5.2 files

and offcourse maybe it is my system ,but i tested everything

and it's not my 1st osx installation (since maxuss 10.4.1)

ok thank you that's what i needed to know

i think it's not with my system though

what distro you tested ? brazilmac?

somebody please confirm that it doesn't crash also with kalyway

maybe it crash only with kalyway's and 10.5.2 files

and offcourse maybe it is my system ,but i tested everything

and it's not my 1st osx installation (since maxuss 10.4.1)

Yeah, I used the Brazilmac method to install, but I've tried to keep the modifications to a minimum in order to try and limit possible problem areas.

Aside from adding some devids to JMicronATA and IOATAFamily to make my drives work in IDE mode, the TimeMachine fix and the reboot fix, the rest of my .kexts are stock. I've added dsmos.kext and AppleSMBIOS.kext from ToH, of course. I personally doubt that your problem has anything to do with the kalyway install. It's more likely that your particular card is causing problems. It could be defective or you could just be unlucky. Is the card stable in Windows, even under stress testing?

@spanak

okay , i will test it will a dvd later,

but before that, i think should disable the qe/ci first

as to test are there any other problems there exist in my sytem ;]

lol if you disable qe/ci how are you gonna test?

i need to know if it will crash ..anyway without qe toast won't start

and without qe the system never crash

so 1st test with qe/ci and then whatever you want :)

lol if you disable qe/ci how are you gonna test?

i need to know if it will crash ..anyway without qe toast won't start

and without qe the system never crash

so 1st test with qe/ci and then whatever you want :D

i think i can't help you test anymore ..

my system crash even without qe/ci enable,

the drivers support for 680i are still v.v.v. poor :)

my mouse and system keep freezing alternatively

anyway, i suggest you wait for the new release of apple's kext,

i think that can save a lot of time :(

Is the card stable in Windows, even under stress testing?

yes it is ..never crashed ^_^

i'm downloading now toh distro and i own also a leopard dvd from my job so maybe i patch mine dvd from the beggining.

everything will clear out i guess with the 10.5.2 official update ..maybe opengl framework and kexts from 10.5.2 are not enough to install in 10.5.1

maybe it needs other 10.5.2 files so it crash

i have the "stability" problem too

I have a Palit/Xpertvision Gf8800Gt 512MB (stock gpu clock, but also tried it for hours under xp with 660mhz stable) and a Abit P35 Motherboard. I use the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc

I´ve installed the Opengl Framework + 10.5.2 kexts -> reboot -> everything looked ok.

But when I use Logic Studio or Parallels, the system crashes after a random time (eg 5 - 30 minutes, it freezes)

I'll do some further testing