Belkin F5D7050 V5000

darkforests

3 posts in this topic

I Have a Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter, VERSION 5000 and am using leopard. I have seen some posts about other F5D7050 adapters but only a few ones about version 5000 of this adapter. The system profile sees it in the usb list but not in the network list. I searched for quite a while and still have not seen the actual chipset of this version, I know some of the other ones were using realtek but I guess this one doesn't. Does anyone know the chipset or driver needed for this v5000 of this adapter or even better how to get it working??

I also have a linksys WMP54G v4.1 wireless pci card that I can not get working, system profiler does not even see it. I know it uses the RT61 driver and it works automatically in Ubuntu.

Any pointers appreciated,

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto - I saw great results for the F5D7050 and went out and bought one today, but they only had v5000 and I too can't find anything about getting that specific version to work.

Any ideas??

EDIT: I saw in one thread that it is the RealTek RTL8187B.

EDIT2: I returned the v5000 and bought a v3002 :)

• 1 month later...
I Have a Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter, VERSION 5000 and am using leopard. I have seen some posts about other F5D7050 adapters but only a few ones about version 5000 of this adapter. The system profile sees it in the usb list but not in the network list. I searched for quite a while and still have not seen the actual chipset of this version, I know some of the other ones were using realtek but I guess this one doesn't. Does anyone know the chipset or driver needed for this v5000 of this adapter or even better how to get it working??

I just got mine working on 10.4.8. Here's what I did:

First I downloaded the RTL8187b Mac driver from this nice fellow's link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry485528

Then I followed the directions in this blog entry, except I patched the RTL8187Bt.kext file instead of the ZD1215Mac.kext one he mentions:

http://gsbd41316.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/...reless-via-usb/

It's a very similar operation - look for idVendor and idProduct entries in Info.plist, and change those values to decimal versions of the ones picked up by System Profiler. Actually, my values matched the ones in his example because he was using a Belkin F5D7050 v4000.

Good luck!