Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

Ok. got sound working in iatkos. Weird.... I used the same AppleHDAPatcher(1.20) but a diff txt file. With Kalyway the STAC9200.txt worked but now the Sigmatel9200.txt worked for me. I would say try a few to see what can work. A drawback though..... Sound works but some how my bluetooth was un installed all together. I can't find it. grrrrr

As far as the builds go, I think I liked the kalyway one better. Just because it came with a bunch of software. And I didn't have any probs with sound and bluetooth.

oh.. i thought u got the 9205 working. but urs is 9200 right? i still cant find a way to get 9205 working. just downloaded kalyway. maybe i will try this and see what happen.

Hi,i think the codec dump, There's something about the subsystem ID !

I tried one of the codec dumps ,and when i drop it into the Apple HDA 1.20,there's a message box showing on the right top(company DELL ),and the AppleHDA 1.20 report the installing seem sucessful.

But when I reboot ,the kext(AppleHDA.kext) don't load.

Any help?

<br />Yeah Bluetooth works.<br /><br /><br />Ipswitch.. Did you repair permissions?<br /><br /><br />Mjenn123.. Did you try the 9200 txt? There are a few different ones to try. List the ones you did. Also make sure to reboot after the patch.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

After Pather , i did

sudo -s

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/*

reboot

is this Right? Thanks!!

Repair permissions? You have to repair permissions? Is there any news about a new version of AppleHDAPatcher coming out?By the way: This is sort of off-topic but since the Sigmatel 9205 comes on a lot of Dells, has anyone gotten sleep to work on their dell? My Vostro 1500 just up and dies on me when I try it. I've tried the "set hibernatemode 0" thing but it just gave me an error. I can monitor my battery, and mac os recognizes my lid switch so I think ACPI is working. I've tried the ACPI kext but it just sends me to the reset screen. Any tips?Thanks,AustinOh right:Dell Vostro 1500 w/ SigmaTel 9205. I've tried all the 92xx core dumps on Taruga's site as well as the 9205 & 9200 core dumps on this forum topic, all without success.- Austin

i have try to install kalyway 10.5.1 but unsuccessful. i have downloaded the zip file from torrent. then i extract and burn using nero but i burn using the UDF type. not iso. then i try to install but unsuccessful. then i notice in the one of the folder there are .iso file so i burn it again in nero using open file and burn the iso. when i bootup the dvd, i got kernel panic right after loading the installation. i didnt even get into the installation. then it asked me to restart my pc. how do i get this kalyway in my pc? maybe if i can get kalyway running with sound then I can find the kext or something and use it in Iatkos. any help?

Bari,

Did you get a kernel panic during the installation boot?

What addons/extensions/hacks or whatever did you choose?

With iatkos, I just leave it as default w/o any of that fancy stuff and it works fine (but without sound nor sleep).

Is it possible to extract the kexts from the dvd without installing? I know that the dvd has like 3 partitions on it.

I shall look into it.

Keep this topic alive so maybe someday we'll have sound!

Thanks,

Austin

Bari,

Did you get a kernel panic during the installation boot?

What addons/extensions/hacks or whatever did you choose?

With iatkos, I just leave it as default w/o any of that fancy stuff and it works fine (but without sound nor sleep).

Is it possible to extract the kexts from the dvd without installing? I know that the dvd has like 3 partitions on it.

I shall look into it.

Keep this topic alive so maybe someday we'll have sound!

Thanks,

Austin

yes.. the kalyway didnt start the installation yet. i already get kernel panic after the darwin boot up the installation. how do i install the kalyway? yeah..i will keep this topic alive.. someday we WILL get sound for our 9205!!!!

yes.. the kalyway didnt start the installation yet. i already get kernel panic after the darwin boot up the installation. how do i install the kalyway? yeah..i will keep this topic alive.. someday we WILL get sound for our 9205!!!!

I haven't given Kalyway a try yet. I like iatkos 'cause it's only 2 gigs.

i have try to install kalyway 10.5.1 but unsuccessful. i have downloaded the zip file from torrent. then i extract and burn using nero but i burn using the UDF type. not iso. then i try to install but unsuccessful. then i notice in the one of the folder there are .iso file so i burn it again in nero using open file and burn the iso. when i bootup the dvd, i got kernel panic right after loading the installation. i didnt even get into the installation. then it asked me to restart my pc. how do i get this kalyway in my pc? maybe if i can get kalyway running with sound then I can find the kext or something and use it in Iatkos. any help?

i think it maybe ask addtional "FORMATE" before you installing

Try to formate the partition which you wanna to install Kalway

About the 9205: I have got a copy of Datasheet ,and now I can edit the Pathmap Group

But my problem is the AppleHDA.kext can't load,

i have tried repair Permissons after install the KEXT,and it still don't work.

Does anyone know what JaS 10.4.8 is using for sound? Yeah, I don't lie, I really get sound in JaS 10.4.8 but it was in vmware and it was my first try to install osx86.. so i didn't know that sound is a problem.. But I'm not sure if the sound wasn't choppy or laggy.. maybe yes.. but i HAD sound in it! But after that, I wasn't able to install JaS w/o vmware so I installed uphuck 10.4.9 and I wasn't able to get sound.. and in Leo with ToH or iAtkos too.. maybe we should start with it!!

But i don't have JaS cd in last few weeks and I don't have a lot of time to get it and try it.. sorry.. :P

Does anyone know what JaS 10.4.8 is using for sound? Yeah, I don't lie, I really get sound in JaS 10.4.8 but it was in vmware and it was my first try to install osx86.. so i didn't know that sound is a problem.. But I'm not sure if the sound wasn't choppy or laggy.. maybe yes.. but i HAD sound in it! But after that, I wasn't able to install JaS w/o vmware so I installed uphuck 10.4.9 and I wasn't able to get sound.. and in Leo with ToH or iAtkos too.. maybe we should start with it!!But i don't have JaS cd in last few weeks and I don't have a lot of time to get it and try it.. sorry.. :blink:
You got sound working with 10.4.8? I'll download Jas 10.4.8 and post my results and the patched AppleHDA kext. Perhaps it's compatible. I wouldn't mind running panther if I had sound.Nevermind, I can't. Dell sold me a messed up HD and I'm waiting on a replacement. It should be here in a week.

I have the same problem as all of you regarding 9205. I was looking online and found this external sound device called an iMic. Has anyone heard of it? It is made by the company Griffin. I was reading about it and I wonder if this will get the sound working for us (we would still need to connect external speakers though) or if is just a waste of money because they just haven't gotten SigmaTel 9205 to work with Leopard?

You got sound working with 10.4.8? I'll download Jas 10.4.8 and post my results and the patched AppleHDA kext. Perhaps it's compatible. I wouldn't mind running panther if I had sound.Nevermind, I can't. Dell sold me a messed up HD and I'm waiting on a replacement. It should be here in a week.

I didn't use applehda patcher in it.. maybe i chose something in the installer and then it was working.. I'm not sure, it's a month ago.. :censored2:

Hello

I have a dell inspiron 1520

I had problems with kalyway starting up .... at the boot screen press f8 and type "vanilla -f -v" and also make sure nothing is plugged apart from the power connector

and it should start up and install

I hope that helps

Latz Mary

Info.zipGood news :

My Sigmatel 9205 is working (not fully) on my Latitude D830. in fact only speakers work :)

What doesn′t work :

Jack : when i plug sthg, it doesn′t stop speakers and i don t hear anything in.

Input : doesn′t work at all.

Sound buttons work except mute one.

Hear is my AppleHDA.kext

Edit : sorry, i have problem with the internet.

To make it work, apply the codec file to HdaPatcher, and then replace the info.plist inside :blink:

It is based on the one made by HdaPatcher, and i modified the info.plist file according to my codec file.

EDIT 2 : kext : http://www.zshare.net/download/621698666c9cfe/

Stac9205.txt

I might try this because sound is my biggest issue. Where do I need to copy that file again after I patch it?Also one thing...in your .txt file it is: Subsystem Id: 0x102801feIn mine it is:Subsystem Id: 0x102801f2Is there a .txt file out there for me or will yours work?everything else is the same except that.Can anyone answer me? lol

i have tried but cant get it works. can u tell step by step? what i have done is that i use 2 codec dump (my own codec and also paulo one.but both doesnt work) i use these codec and apply it with HDA patcher 1.20 which i downloaded from the original forum. then i apply the patch.after that i use the info.zip and extract the info.phlist inside the info.zip. then the info.phlist i replace with system/library/extension/applehda/info.phlist. then i restart. but no sound.

should i repair permission first? also i notice that my codec dump hardware id with poulo not same but since there are people report using 1520 also can work then i guess it doesnt matter. i will give one more shot and please help me. thanks

ignore my post before... i GOT sound already with my Dell 1520 (9205) yes!!!

Steps:

1) download http://www.zshare.net/download/621698666c9cfe/

2) unzip it (the vendor id maybe different with yours but as long as it is 9205 it will work, i think)

3) go to your /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

4) delete if you have one

5) replace it with the downloaded one. the folder should remain the same as before. just the content is different.

6) go to disk utilites and repair permission.

7) reboot!

8) enjoy.

please report back if your sound are working. and what working and what doesn't. also please include your laptop model and etc. thanks to paulo. I have the ways to get 8600M GT working also. so i maybe post a complete guide for Dell 1520 later. maybe next week saturday coz i have exam in 2 days.

P/S: i can get my sound working. my dell 1520 volume and be increase and decrease from the front panel but the mute function are not working.

To Paulo: What did you modified in the file you attached? please tell us step by step as I can then modified it to match my Dell 1520. maybe if i apply with my own 1520 codec I can get my mute/volume controller working. and maybe the output jack. i dunno. we can give a try right.