Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

I got the internal mic working for gateway m- series computers after play around with the kext.

Solution here.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=130822

edit: Reported working on a Vostro 1500 Core 2 Due

You are the effin man! I'm running a Vostro 1500. Internal and External Mic's work!

Auto-switch from speakers to headphone jack once the headphones are plugged in!

*E-HUG*

next thing on the list - a fix for the shutdown/restart without reinstalling Leopard :D

Thanks a lot XBC :(

i assume this will work with any 15" series Dell, so 1520's, try it out and give some feedback. Update the first post of the forum to include this kext.

To anyone that has working bluetooth on a D630:

What model of bluetooth module do you own? My D630 did not come with it, and I would like to install my own.

In my Dell Inspiron 1525 I have Bluetooth Broadcom BCM2045.(VID=413c PID=8126). Works without any efforts.

Ugh. I suddenly don't have any sound now that I installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5.

I have Sigmatel 9205 on a gateway M-6846. The AppleHDA paulo-131 provided in post #83 (version 3) worked perfectly under Kalaway 10.5.4, but now i get this error at startup:

AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property.

Disk Utility goes bezzerk on AppleHDA when I repair permissions too. Mostly "should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x" stuff. Still even after permissions repair I get the same error at startup.

Help?

Hey guys I'm pretty sure you haven't had any questions about my laptop yet which is a gateway 6860fx. I used Kalaway 10.5.2 to install and since then have only installed the leopard graphics update and nvinject to get my graphics card to work. I have tried endlessly by following all of these posts to get my audio working but nothing I do works.

I'm pretty positive that I also have a sigmatel 9205 but no applehda.kext that I use ever seems to work. I dont have an audio controls on my menu bar to adjust volume but when I had the AppleAzaliaAudio installed on the laptop I had the volume controls working but just no volume. Can you please help me out?!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All I have to say guys is wow! This is an amazing community. Using mferreira85 method, got the 9205 in my Gateway 6330u working first try! w/ Ideneb v1.3 10.5.5 Thank You everyone. If I can just get my wifi going Ill be 100%

Me too. Have it working on my Dell Latitude D630 for the first time since installing 10.5.5. Fantastic. Kudos to mferreira85!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got audio working thanks to mferreira85 (on post #281). Follow the instructions to the letter, rebooted and audio was working!

Shutdown and restart still not functioning correctly, but that's really not big deal.

Running iAKTOS 5i with 10.5.6 (Vanilla) update installed directly from Apple update.

Dell Inspiron 1720:

> Mainboard : Dell 0UK437

> Chipset : Intel GM965

> Processor : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2400 MHz

> Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

> Hard Disk : ST9160821AS (160 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device

> Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM440x 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet

> Network Card : Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

> Audio : STAC9205 HD Audio

• 5 weeks later...

What happened to the original stac9205.txt file? I got my vostro to work perfectly with that + the applehda.kext. I had to use the b7 kext helper to install the kext rather than doing it manually for it to work.

It seemed that when I drag/dropped the kext that my audio would work, but i'd have to manually switch my output in sound preferences if I wanted to use the headphone jack. However, when I used the kext helper to install the kext it worked perfectly.

I ran into a problem today and needed to reinstall my system, but now I can't find the original stac9205 file that was posted and available about a month ago.

When I get this figured out I'm going to bundle this up and throw it on my server.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome dude. I have been scrambling through forums to get my audio work. finally, for DELL INSPIRON 1520 with sigmatel 9205 and IAKTOS V5i...your method (minus first step - reinstall leopard) works !!! my audio is working...

thanks a bunch..

J

I found a solution to this restart/shutdown problem, which should work on all Vostro 1500/Inspiron 1520 (and possibly all other Dells) with a Sigmatel 9205.

It goes like so;

1. Reinstall Leopard

(Lame, I know. I suppose you could restore all the files that Taruga's patcher changes)

2. Use Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher version 1.18 and not any other version.

AppleHDAPatcherv1.18.zip

3. Drag this codec dump onto the patcher and let it have it's way with it.

Stac9205.txt

4. Replace /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext with this one.

(Ignore any error messages stating it is unusable or corrupt, the next step fixes this)

AppleHDA.kext.zip

5. Fix permissions. Type "diskutil repairPermissions /" without the quotes, in a terminal window, as root.

Reboot and you're good.

Summary of what should be working, based on my own success:

Audio works, obviously B)

Headphones work, as does switching between speakers/headphones.

Line/Mic-in works

Mute works

Multimedia buttons work

RESTART & SHUTDOWN WORK! :P

The only thing missing here seems to be the internal mic :)

To my best of knowledge, this is the latest kext here, which is based on the one from paulo-131. I'm sure some of you will be able to put more light on this.

Maybe one of you wicked kexters could have a look at this internal mic issue but most importantly I would like to express my sincere thanks for actually getting so far. Well done people!

Edit: Perhaps worth mentioning that I am using Kalyway on my Vostro 1500, which has bluetooth working out of the box.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

Im running iatkos v7 on a dell inspiron 1521.

I've gone through just about every guide, tutorial, walk through and video that i could find, still no sound. The closest i got was running azaliaaudio.pkg and all that did was make the computer aware that it had a sound card. but nothing worked, the sound icon appeared and moved up and down but that's it.

I've tried just about every kext and dump that i could find on here.

If anyone at all got sound on an inspiron 1521, please help me out, this is extremely frustrating and i've been at this non-stop for days. :thumbsup_anim:

thanks

-pointblankshotx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the Sigmatel 9750 Audio driver on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop. Can someone e-mail me the text file at timbojill@gmail.com.

I have the Sigmatel 9750 Audio driver on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop. Can someone e-mail me the text file at timbojill@gmail.com.