DiskWarrior 4 Patcher for Hackint0sh

MrUnknown

31 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

For all members here. If you have the GPT partition scheme (MBR is not an option for me), you can use Disk Warrior with no problems, BUT don't forget, re-install Chameleon on the volume you repaired (rebuilt directory) after using it.

I want to Thank Disk Warrior for saving lot of time for me. My boot volume was unbootable (invalid node specification - save information from this volume then re-format it.. blah blah).

I booted from other volume.

Waited the damaged volume to mount (it takes some minutes and the system will warn you to save the data and to reformat it.

Opened DiskWarrior 4.4 and choose choose rebuild directory and the damaged volume (important... don't be impatient)

Rebuilt directory.... all 10 steps

Quit Disk Warrior

Re-installed Chameleon (Attention! - must be re-installed on the repaired volume)

Booted the repaired volume and all is OK. I saved lot of hours ... OSX re-installation then data recovery with Time Machine.

I used vanilla DiskWarrior 4.4 without any patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about an update for Lion?

As XanthraX stated there is no need for OS X or DW specific update. Now the latest OS X is 10.7.2 and Diskwarrior v.4.4.

I am keeping a carbon image ( Carbon Copy Cloner is my no:1 utility ) of my boot drive (Service/Emergency BU ) DiskWarrior is a small utility but must run out of the serving drive to unmount. Both drives has DiskWarrior installed. Alternately you may have fully booting thumb drive by copying your system drive with ccc again before it got bigger (I'm using 16 GB stick usb 3.0 for speed latest Lion and DW on it)

Boot from the service/emergency or thumb drive.

Run Disk Warrior

Check your OS X installed main boot drive

At the end DW will report that the boot block needs to be repaired. (most probably accompaning with the other issues.)

Confirm, Yes. Let it repair and destroy your boot . Quit DW. ( No fear. You have your ccc backup everywhere. Don't you? )

Run the latest Chameleon to build up boot again.

(alternatively you may run your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or Kakewalk or..any other method that you used at the last stage of your hackintosh build.!)

Run disk utility or any other app/util to repair permissions.

Restart and boot fr. your freshly DiskWarrior serviced drive.

That's it and for me, this is working without any problem since the 'Diskwarrior Patch Update Shortage'

OSX Server Lion 10.7.2, GA-X58A-UD5, i7-950GeForce 8400 GS, everything working better than original Mac (usb 3.0- sata 6GBit - Firewire-Canopus- PCIe Protools HD Native etc )

• 2 years later...