DiskWarrior 4 Patcher for Hackint0sh

MrUnknown

31 posts in this topic

Hackint0sh Patcher for DiskWarrior 4

by Alsoft

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior

For many years, DiskWarrior has been the premier Macintosh utility to repair disk drive directory structures and the files in them. If Disk Utility cannot repair your drive, then DiskWarrior can probably do the job.

Unfortunately, on a Hackint0sh, DiskWarrior sees the MBR partition scheme as something that needs to be repaired. Allowing DiskWarrior to make this repair would render the Hackint0sh unbootable. In addition, DiskWarrior has no feature to allow the user to select which repairs he wishes to make. The user can choose to make all repairs or no repairs.

This patch to DiskWarrior only prevents it from repairing the MBR partition scheme used on a Hackint0sh.

According to Alsoft, DiskWarrior 4 has some inherent restrictions:

• It cannot repair the booted volume. The same restriction as Disk Utility.

• It cannot repair the volume on which the running DiskWarrior application is located.

Versions 4.0(40) and 4.0(41) have a restriction with Leopard (version 4.1(42) is OK with Leopard)

• Alsoft highly recommends that DiskWarrior should not be run from a booted Leopard volume to make repairs. DiskWarrior can repair Leopard volumes.

Therefore, DiskWarrior should be run from a separate booted volume which is not the target for the repair. For versions 4.0(40) and 4.0(41), this should be a Tiger volume, not a Leopard volume.

If the patcher is ever updated, links to the new version will be posted here. Comments should be posted in this thread. Bugs may be sent in a PM to MrUnknown.

The patcher comes with no warranties. Use it at your own risk.

The patch is known to work on DiskWarrior 4 -- v4.0(40), v4.0(41) and v4.1(42). It may or may not work for newer versions.

Update: new version (1.02) of patcher can handle DiskWarrior 4 -- v4.0(40), v4.0(41) and v4.1(v42).

Download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9pl1ije3ldx

http://rapidshare.com/files/90507514/DWpatch102.zip.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, this was ticket for me! I want to add that it also worked for me on a GUID partition. Worked perfectly.. no problems.

If anyone knows how to edit a native bootable cd with this patch, I'd be grateful.

Pandar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install DiskWarrior into my Hack (GPT disk) but I'm getting the following message:

screencapturepg6.png

The problem is that there is NO "Ignore ownership on this volume" option when I do this procedure over my Mac disk...

Any tips on how can I install it?

TIA,

• 2 months later...
I'm trying to install DiskWarrior into my Hack (GPT disk) but I'm getting the following message:

screencapturepg6.png

The problem is that there is NO "Ignore ownership on this volume" option when I do this procedure over my Mac disk...

Any tips on how can I install it?

TIA,

You ARE running this from a different startup disk, correct?

• 5 months later...

Hackint0sh Patcher for DiskWarrior 4

by Alsoft

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior

Unfortunately, on a Hackint0sh, DiskWarrior sees the MBR partition scheme as something that needs to be repaired. Allowing DiskWarrior to make this repair would render the Hackint0sh unbootable.

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME....! What can I do to restore MBR bootability witout going back to Zero?

I have a diskimage backup saved of booted Leopard partition made with carbon copy cloner 3.2.

Can I just reformat in MBR, HFS+, then mount backup and clone to reformatted partition?

This is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR, and an Intel Core2Quad Q6600

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

to confirm about the patcher... since it dosn't show anything visual when it opens I am left unsure as to how it works..

do I just run it on the system that has diskwarrior installed? or do I drag-and-drop the diskwarrior.app onto the hotfix.app?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any word on wether the 4.2 (rev 909) version works with hackintoshes or patch infos?

I have left messages all over this board asking the same thing. AFAIK, you must hack the Diskwarrior application in order to stop it from repairing the boot blocks, otherwise just running Diskwarrior will render your system unbootable. I have even tried emailing the guy who uploaded this patch but no response.

• 2 months later...
I have left messages all over this board asking the same thing. AFAIK, you must hack the Diskwarrior application in order to stop it from repairing the boot blocks, otherwise just running Diskwarrior will render your system unbootable. I have even tried emailing the guy who uploaded this patch but no response.

From when I spoke with MrUnknown I learned that 4.1 is the latest version of DW that works with this patch

anything after 4.1 (such as 4.1.1, 4.2, et cetera) do not patch

Your best bet (and what I am doing at the moment) is to secure a copy of DW 4.1(42) and patch that by dragging the DW app onto the patcher.

Peace and Well-Being

From when I spoke with MrUnknown I learned that 4.1 is the latest version of DW that works with this patch

anything after 4.1 (such as 4.1.1, 4.2, et cetera) do not patch

Your best bet (and what I am doing at the moment) is to secure a copy of DW 4.1(42) and patch that by dragging the DW app onto the patcher.

Peace and Well-Being

Exactly! Which is why it would be wonderful if the patcher could be updated to work with Diskwarrior version 4.2.

• 1 month later...
any word on how to boot this on a hackintosh ?

For some time now, I've been running Chameleon from a usb flash drive. This makes it possible to run DiskWarrior without screwing up the system drive. Actually, my system disk is completely vanilla with the exception of RealtekR1000.kext installed to System/Library/Extensions.

pandar

• 1 year later...