Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Installation Reboot problem

Beatnik

66 posts in this topic

Hello,I tried to install Kalyway Leopard, on my Dell Inspiron 5150, Pentium4 2.66Ghz, SEE2, Nvidia 5200, 256MB RAM.When booting from DVD, Darwin start charging files, but then reboots (Never enter the installation graphical routine).Used the command "-v", but it is extremely quick to read what it says, then reboots and start once again.Well, one good thing: I also tried it on my brothers Toshiba notebook A35-SP4146 Dual Core 1.86Ghz, 1 GB RAM. Intel 950. And the Installation graphical routine started without problem.I would really appreciate if someone could help me to solve this.ThanksBy the way, thanks Kalyway for this release, I didnt want to install it on my brothers Toshiba and get any further, because of their files on Vista, but I am sure this can work on that Toshiba notebook.Thanks Kaly and all the developers of OSX86.

I have the exact problem too, and i cant believe although many have this problem no one has said anything about a solution to this. I've gotten jas 10.4.8 to work, and have tried toh rc2 but that one doesnt work. My specifications are: Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.66 MMX, SSE, SEE2

Intel 865perl Motherboard

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB

1 GB of system memory

I'm having the same issue. Can't get to the GUI Installer...

I even tried the "cpus=1" suggested for us P4 owners.

Could someone plz help. :P

Is there a way that I can export the verbose screen see if there is anything specific hanging the boot?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Same exact prob with mine. System restarts right after all kexts are loaded.. Cant get into installer. If you remember the sequence of booting of Mac OS X installations, u'll see that our computer reboots right before the part where another screen appears with a different font in it..

our computer restarts AFTER this:

post-146788-1199030290_thumb.png

and our computer restarts right BEFORE it goes into this (i took this when i ran the dvd in vmware):

post-146788-1199030784_thumb.jpg

btw, the problem is also discussed here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78563

in that thread someone adviced to put the dvd drive to master and the hdd to slave. i havent tried it yet to see if it works.

in that thread someone adviced to put the dvd drive to master and the hdd to slave. i havent tried it yet to see if it works.

I have the HDD and DVD Drive on different IDE ports and both as set as Master as should... but am experiencing the same problem.

hate to be a stupid lurker, but ive succesfully gotten 10.4.8 JaS working on two of my laptops quite a while ago, but now im trying to get 10.5.1 on my P4 desktop, ive read that EFI emulation doesnt work on anything but Core and Core2 processors, if thats the case, how do i install from the Kalyway disc that it installs a patched kernel? all i basically see is options for EFI... when i had "EFI - MBR" selected, after the install, it just reboots right when it should be loading the kernel (at the darwin loader)... and goes forever in a reboot loop. EFI for P4 users in the future?

Did you try "cpus=1 -v -x -f -s"? Once you get the a prompt, type exit.

Although I suspect processor could be the reason. I tried it on Pentium D 2.8 Ghz PC and get rebooted everytime.

You could also try "tohkernel cpus=1.."

Tried it with no success...keeps reseting... is there a way to run installation with no EFI as an option?

if we cant boot the dvd can someone write a slave script to allow us to boot the tiger (phuck) dvd and navigate to some magic folder and run the leopard installer.

or pre install the dvd on a system and use disk utility to back up the drive so we can use restore to "dirty/unofficially install) it.

i am trying with a dvdrw disk so i can erase and try again to build a dvd by taking the uphuck booter and the kalyway packages and build a new dvd with uphuck startup and kalyway packages.

basically mix and match.

i will let you know if this works.

• 2 weeks later...

new guy here, hello!

i'm having the same exact problem. I built a pc just to do this project.

spec:

ECS G31T-M mobo (Intel® G31 & ICH7 chipset)

PNY GeForce 7300GT vid card

sony IDE DVD

Maxtor SATA 250gig hdd

2 gigs of ram

NEC monitor is connected via DVI

USB kbd and mouse.

Kalyway 10.5.1 installer dvd. checksum for the iso and verified the burnt dvd.

while the brand of motherboard i'm running has NOT been tested, the chipset has.

I get the loop as well. never get to the GUI installer.

any suggestions? at least point to me where to look, i've been searching for a couple of days now.

-TIA

edit: Nevermine! MOBO is incompatible, it wont work with leopard.

I have an Acer Aspire t-320 PC with a Celeron processor 2.4 ghz. I have a first hard disk drive 80 go. and a second hard disk at 40 go. My problem is that when I want to install Leopard on my second disk, it does not stop rebooting when I try to install, and when I install Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.7 the installation goes correctly.

Hoping a positive answer from you

Emmanuel Bergeron

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get Leopard to work on my PC and am experiencing the samr problem. Darwin bootloader loads and seems to start the loading process but the screen goes black and the system reboots before anything shows. It's a constant reboot cycle that never ends. I tried searching but never did find an answer after reading many threads. I had 10.4.8 working for awhile until oneday it started to do the same thing and just formatted the HD I had it installed on but now I want to re-install MacOS again.

My PC specs are in my signature if that helps, I have 4 hard drives in total 2 SATA, 1 IDE hooked to an IT821x interface and an external USB HD. I want to install MacOS on SATA #2 there are 2 partitions the HFS and a FAT32 partition I use for random files. Hope this info helps.

DaJinx

I have this same problem with a stock HP DC500 SFF PC, and I might have just gotten around it. I've tried every combination to make this work, from manually installing the EFI, to combinations of installs, but I finally got into the setup screen.

I had to manually install the EFI using a usb key, reboot

Then I installed the Kalyway DVD using only SSE2 and the Bootloader options. I ignored the vanialla kernal.

I'm now looking at the setup screen.

Let's hope it works for some others :angel: