• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

KellyKelly

KellyKelly

-|0 ,.,>\\\<,., 0|-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:HACKINTOSH, MUSIC AND ANIME [INUYASHA, FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, AND mORE hehe ]
This is due to your Kernel not matching the system.kext. If you're running OSX 10.4.9 with kernel 8.8.1, or 10.4.10 with kernel 8.9.1, you most likely will have this problem. You can either upgrade your kernel(which is risky) or replace your system.kext.

For example if you have kernel 8.8.1, then you need the 10.4.8 system.kext. If you have Kernel 8.9.1, then you need the system.kext from 10.4.9.

If you get "Dvice not configured" when you try to mount a .DMG file, or your USB Flash Drive won't mount, here is how to solve it.

download the system.kext from the attachment below and extract it to your desktop. (select the one that matches your kernel)

Attached File  System.kext_for_Kernel_8.8.1.zip   157.31KB   336 downloads
Attached File  system.kext_for_Kernel_8.9.1.zip   156.63KB   383 downloads

Download Kext Helper from "here"

Extract Kext Helper and run it. Then drag the system.kext to kext helper, click easy install.

After that open Disk Utility and repair permission.

Restart your hackintosh.

Now your USB and DMG files should be able to mount. :)

Post result if you get any luck.

KellyKelly

KellyKelly

-|0 ,.,>\\\<,., 0|-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:HACKINTOSH, MUSIC AND ANIME [INUYASHA, FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, AND mORE hehe ]
hope this will help you guys out :P

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Is there any 'logs' that I can check that accounts for this mismatch?
I think its some updates after 10.4.11 that causes it.

--

Make sure to drag the System.kext (the white lego block icon) INSIDE the directory, and NOT the "System.kext for Kernel 8.8.1" folder!! into kext helper..

KellyKelly

KellyKelly

-|0 ,.,>\\\<,., 0|-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
go to System/Library/Extensions/System.kext right click show pakage contents. After that open info.plist with textedit and you'll find the version of your system.kext.

razvan m

razvan m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
caminoz..thx alot..it worked for me..10.4.9 uphuk here :(

Wrenbird

Wrenbird

InsanelyWren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
worked for me... running 10.4.11 (updated from uphuck's 1.4i) on the 8.8.1 kernel

T34P075

T34P075

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
worked great, thanks for the great info!!!

Blitxxx

Blitxxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thank you so so so so so so much. After searching, I thought I was the only one with this issue

yeye

yeye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
hello,
I'm on 10.5.2 andI think I've the same problem: when I plug usb device, nothing happened.
I've looked at the kernel version in system.kext and it says: 9.1.0 whereas my kernel is 9.2.0
Is it my problem? How do I solve it?

Thanks for your help

edit: I've just updated my system.kext and it doesn't change anything excepting that now in info.plist which is in system.kext, I can see 9.2.0 instead o 9.1.0
Any other idea?

kernelkole

kernelkole

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Jim:

this looks like something everyone should get!

Unfortunately, I'm now up to 8.11.0, so neither of the System.kext packages you posted will help.

Another issue is that when I try to run your kext helper, my OS says I can't run that utility on my architecture. guess you wrote that for Intel, or something?

bummer. seems there ought to be a Mac solution for syncing these things up.

Haleeb

Haleeb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i too had same problem IT WORKED FOR ME THANKS

timro

timro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
What about version 10.5.2? I have no USB support, where can I find the system.kext for that? Thanks!

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2, with AMD dual core processor - it's the HP tx2110us tablet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy