ran0

37 posts in this topic

I got problem..

I install kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop

lenovo y410

intel c2d 1.83Ghz

2gg ram

intel GMA x3100

after I install kalyway,,reboot the OS,,then can't boot to kalyway...

in customize before installation,, I tick bootloader efi MBR...

anyone can help my problem???

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add a bit of advice for others like me who are trying to install OSX86 on their Linux laptop. The easiest way to modify your installation ISO to include these modified kext files is to use a rewritable DVD. Burn the ISO to the DVD, and then mount it like so:

mount -t hfsplus -o rw /dev/cdrom /mnt/disk

You can then go into /mnt/disk/System/Library/Extensions/, delete the old kext directories, and put the new ones in there. Then unmount:

umount /mnt/disk

And you're good to go. This allowed me to get the installer running on my Lenovo Y510, without having to spend hours trying to guess the correct settings for mkisofs.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to add a bit of advice for others like me who are trying to install OSX86 on their Linux laptop. The easiest way to modify your installation ISO to include these modified kext files is to use a rewritable DVD. Burn the ISO to the DVD, and then mount it like so:

mount -t hfsplus -o rw /dev/cdrom /mnt/disk

You can then go into /mnt/disk/System/Library/Extensions/, delete the old kext directories, and put the new ones in there. Then unmount:

umount /mnt/disk

And you're good to go. This allowed me to get the installer running on my Lenovo Y510, without having to spend hours trying to guess the correct settings for mkisofs.

you got the installer to run? i did the same exact thing as you and mine still crashes, just later on. i have a Y510 as well. which kexts did you replace?

i added the three that were uploaded in this thread to my disk and i still get a kernel panic related to ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin

any ideas?

i should probably add that im using a 10.5.2 disk...was yours 10.5.1?

• 4 months later...

ha guys sounds like your having a bios problem go to this site see if they have a bios for u i was having the same problem but i fixed it by changing the bios heres the site good luck

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/

ps check with r manufature first i found i had to use the very first version of bios for the board

• 6 months later...
ha guys sounds like your having a bios problem go to this site see if they have a bios for u i was having the same problem but i fixed it by changing the bios heres the site good luck

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/

ps check with r manufature first i found i had to use the very first version of bios for the board

Thank you, but how do I flash my Bios?

Cheers

Asus core 2 duo laptops (mostly F3 series and AFAIK probably G series) have not been known to be able to use both cores. Bios compatibility problems with new ACPI and APIC kexts is the issue. Let me know if you know anyone who has both cores running!

u can with no problem use 2 cores

u must flash modified bios, and you will use stock acpi 10.5.6 and 2 cores

i am running os x 10.5.6 on F3se

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
u can with no problem use 2 cores

u must flash modified bios, and you will use stock acpi 10.5.6 and 2 cores

i am running os x 10.5.6 on F3se

Hello Really Fenix,

do you have sound, video, network, and usb working correctly on your F3Se? Thanks!

• 2 months later...