PCI-E Max Link Width x16

Memory Type DDR2

Memory Size 2048 MBytes

Channels Dual

Graphics ATI X1300 128MB

Ethernet Broadcom 5787

Wifi Intel 3945

Sound Realtek high definition audio

The settings i made during custom install where only the extra setting for the Realtek driver, i try to install first with the driver for ATI but when booting i heared only sound and screen was black.

Re-installing but now i did not choose anything for the graphics, i had the first screen and sound, everything worked fine except the network.

It is amazingly fast, but useless without a network or wifi driver :-(

Bueh, still I haven't forced my laptop to work correctly.However I've downloaded the newest BIOS from the Acer website, and applied it under Vista (I will use it until I find what is causing that massive slowdown under Leopard).I've checked my hard drive, it's NCQ capable and seems to pass all AHCI features.73acj8i.jpgMy laptop motherboard uses the ICH-8M chip.Could it be possible that the system would ran fluently on the Kalyway edition?I'm just asking because I have a break with OSX86 because I will need my computer working for a few days. However I will return to it certianly :P
Hi Grabar! All you can do is try, really. Kalyway is a longer install, not sure why but it does take a shade longer. Also, post install, you'll need to boot into safe mode with the -X prompt and - I favour using kext helper B7 - install the Natit.kext for Leopard to get your GMA X3100 working - I additionally had to remove Appleintegratedframebuffer.kext and repair permissions before I was able to boot up without typing cpus=1. Having turned your FAT32 primary partition into Journalled via Disk Utility very deliberately select EFI-MBR from the Customize options; the default is EFI-GUID, which obviously won't work unless you've formatted the entire hard drive as GUID. I'm not sure I see the sense in using the Vanilla kernel on a laptop because it severely limits your options. If you have no joy, all you can do is as keep Googling until you find someone with the same problem! Best of luck and let us know how you go. Have you had any problems with Linux? You might try Open SUSE.
Today i installed succesfully the kalyway dvd on my Acer Travelmate 6460Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHzInstructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64TNorthbridge Intel i945PM rev. 03Southbridge Intel 82801GHM (ICH7-M/U) rev. B0Graphic Interface PCI-ExpressPCI-E Link Width x16PCI-E Max Link Width x16Memory Type DDR2Memory Size 2048 MBytesChannels DualGraphics ATI X1300 128MBEthernet Broadcom 5787Wifi Intel 3945Sound Realtek high definition audioThe settings i made during custom install where only the extra setting for the Realtek driver, i try to install first with the driver for ATI but when booting i heared only sound and screen was black.Re-installing but now i did not choose anything for the graphics, i had the first screen and sound, everything worked fine except the network.It is amazingly fast, but useless without a network or wifi driver :-(
In the event that it doesn't work with your wifi card you might want to go onto ebay and buy one of the ones that I listed earlier that are said to be known to work. Changing the wifi card is a little fiddly but do-able if you have a steady hand and gentle patience. An alternative is to buy a usb wireless dongle. Again, I make reference to this in an earlier post. The disadvantage is you have to unplug and replug it after booting up or it doesn't get detected. I paid only £10/$20 for mine. Did you the ATI graphics chip working?

Kalyway 10.5.1 does not function on the Acer Tavelmate 292LMi with Ati 9700 Mobility

It installs allright, -v show proper boot but after loginwindow is loaded and the gui is supposed to show up, that will not happen. The output from the -v remains on the screen. Connecting a display on the vga out doesn't improve things.

It must be those 9700 problems.

Cheers, Mark

Hello to all.

I am trying to install kelyway 10.5.1 on my laptop Acer 5672 and after the instalation is finished, the laptop is rebooting and stop at grey screen with an apple. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? What am I doing wrong? My laptop configuration is: intel core duo T2300, hdd 120 gb sata, ati mobility radeaon x1400. 2 G ram

I made my Acer Aspire 5652 WLMi work with Kalyway.

The config is as follows:

CPU: T2300

Intel 945PM/GM Express Chip

1gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce go 7600

First I tried iatkos, but it did not work out at all. after installing it just did not boot.

then i installed kalyway on my third partition (1st was win xp) - that worked out but i could not boot xp anymore, neither mac osx without the dvd in the drive.

i tried gparted to change the boot flag, but gparted did not boot up in the right way, there were only graphical artifacts on the screen (i downloaded it several times, burned it on dvd and cdrw).

then i formatted my whole system and made a guid install of kalyway. that worked again.

what does not work is speedstep and every feature of it.

sleep does not work.

wlan of course does not work either (WM3945ABG from intel)

now i will try it again with iatkos, to get speedstep!

Hello to all.

I am trying to install kelyway 10.5.1 on my laptop Acer 5672 and after the instalation is finished, the laptop is rebooting and stop at grey screen with an apple. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? What am I doing wrong? My laptop configuration is: intel core duo T2300, hdd 120 gb sata, ati mobility radeaon x1400. 2 G ram

Hi there, as the computer is booting, press F8. Then at the command prompt type cpus=1 If that doesn't work, try the same thing but with -X which should start Leopard up in Safe Mode. That should then allow you to install the correct driver for your graphics chip, if you haven't already. I am assuming it is ultimately a problem with the ati x1400. You could probably confirm that by typing -V at the command prompt and taking note of the error messages.

I have an Acer Aspire 3680 and a Core 2 duo processor. I already have the EFI-Speedstep configuration in IAtkos and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to install the sleep kernel from the Kalyway version so my laptop can go into sleep mode?
I don't know the answer to this one but can say that sleep in Kalyway in my particular Acer doesn't work using the non Vanilla kernel and I imagine the vanilla one, also. My Extensa 5620 starts to power down to sleep and the screen goes black and - and after about a second the laptop is back to the desktop.

I haven't yet found someone who has Frankenstein merged the best features of iATKOS and Kalway but would be interested to hear. Probably if you studied the TOH RC2 thread you could figure out how to install the 'kalyway' kernel via terminal in iATKOS, though I would think you would need some of Kalyways kexts. Good luck :) Report back if you have any joy.

Hi Detosx, I also have Extensa 5620 (but with a Core 2 Duo T5450 processor). I installed iATKOS sucessfully. In general, everything works well, but sometimes it crashes for no reason and displays the message "you need to restart your computer...". Have you or any other Acer users experienced such a problem? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Apparently, it is call a kernel panic: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106227

Hi Detosx, I also have Extensa 5620 (but with a Core 2 Duo T5450 processor). I installed iATKOS sucessfully. In general, everything works well, but sometimes it crashes for no reason and displays the message "you need to restart your computer...". Have you or any other Acer users experienced such a problem? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Apparently, it is call a kernel panic: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106227

Hi there fellow 5620 user! The short answer is yes! I have experienced that a few times when booting up or shutting down. When I used TOH RC2 Leopard it was sometimes an incompatible kext that needed removing or I hadn't repaired permissions recently.

Bios updates! I bought my Acer Extensa 5620 in the US but, unlike the Acer European site, there is no American download site for bios updates. The American model is different from the European model. I have emailed Acer and hope to have a reply back from them, soon. I will almost certainly have to install XP to update the bios, which might be problematical with the Acer's Sata drive. We shall see. I suspect a later bios revision might allow Sleep to work, as sleep seems to work on some other recent Acer models.

Anyone know an ACER US site where I can download a bios update for my Extensa 5620? Technical support haven't got back to me. There are drivers on the 5620's download page but no bios. The European site has an ftp where I can download bios but it is for an older variation of my American model.

I've installed JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 version a while ago and.. It's working perfectly.. I mean there are no slow downs like in Leopard.. Could you tell me what is wrong with that? When I install Leopard it worked terribly slow.. Now underneath Tiger it's working brilliant..

And btw how do I make my X3100 run at 1280x800 in Tiger?

How to apply the Taruga patch so I can have sound?

EDIT: After I applied the Taruga patch I had sound but... Somehow it switched off my AirPort so I permanently lost my Internet connection. After the reboot the system shows me that I have to restart my computer.. And I can't boot up MacOS any more

Thanks a lot!

hello, my first problem was that installation didn't even started, I sovled that by updading phoenix bios to v1.11, but now I got pretty common problem here, but I can't figure it out (yet hopefully) - disk utility does't see any hard drives. Could anybody help me please? Some kind of how-to, please? mine laptop is acer aspire 7520, chipset nvidia 610M I believe

I've installed JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 version a while ago and.. It's working perfectly.. I mean there are no slow downs like in Leopard.. Could you tell me what is wrong with that? When I install Leopard it worked terribly slow.. Now underneath Tiger it's working brilliant..And btw how do I make my X3100 run at 1280x800 in Tiger?How to apply the Taruga patch so I can have sound?EDIT: After I applied the Taruga patch I had sound but... Somehow it switched off my AirPort so I permanently lost my Internet connection. After the reboot the system shows me that I have to restart my computer.. And I can't boot up MacOS any moreThanks a lot!
Lol, you gotta laugh - or you go craaaaazy. Good to read your adventures because ultimately both good and bad luck stories help others. I'm sorry your experiences are not yet positive ones. First off, the best thing to do is to have two OS X partitions - that way you can boot into the working one and repair the non working one, often by simply removing the kext that's to blame and then repairing permissions. Alas, there is NO GMA X3100 driver for Tiger and I can't see there ever being one. It's interesting to read that you aren't experiencing the slow down in Tiger. What you have (had) at the moment is Vesa graphics without QE/CI.I first installed Leopard as an upgrade install over Tiger (uphuck) and it retained Tiger's/uphuck's settings, so I didn't have to start over with network drivers, etc. You might try that. I think I used the TOH Leopard RC2. You would, though, need to install the natit.kext post install, to get the GMA X3100 working.If you have two Leopard partitions the agony is much less when something goes wrong with one, because you still have the other.Having lost one laptop to this project, I will say that if it came to it, Vista is far from horrible if you are 2GB of memory and like skinning/themes. There, I said it!

hello, my first problem was that installation didn't even started, I sovled that by updading phoenix bios to v1.11, but now I got pretty common problem here, but I can't figure it out (yet hopefully) - disk utility does't see any hard drives. Could anybody help me please? Some kind of how-to, please? mine laptop is acer aspire 7520, chipset nvidia 610M I believe
I think your laptop is based on an AMD chipset and you would need an AMD specific Leopard installer DVD, something I know nothing about. I suspect there must be an AMD Acer thread in insanelymac or on osx86scene.

If you were using an Intel based set up, the first question I would ask is have you formated the hard drive as a Primary partition with FAT32 - using Gparted, for example? It should then be visible with Disk Utility on an AMD compatible version. If you have done that or that doesn't work, some Sata setups are a pain and you might be out of luck.

Acer have not got back to me about where on their American site I can locate the bios update(s) for my Extensa 5620, which is frustrating. Not having sleep isn't a huge loss but I have since found that my Acer Extensa doesn't fully shut down with either Kalyway or iATKOS. The shutdown procedure appears complete, the screen goes black but the power LED remains illuminated and, very occasionally, you can hear the fan... In that my HP laptop fried in my daypack when I thought it HAD shutdown after a successful install of iATKOS... I'm not hugely happy about the situation. I know it's not a big deal to subsequently hold down the power button for five seconds but... please take care. Ask yourself, is it worth the gamble?

In other words, I share other users frustrations, I have had them too! This is a crazed hobby, it works better with some setups than with others, especially so desktop computers!

One great bit of news, however(!), is that I have got sound working from both headphones and speakers, though I can't take any credit whatsoever for it. This will only work if your laptop uses the same sound chip as mine - the ALC268. If not, steer well clear:-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=77524&st=0

The only files you want are in the folder marked ALC268. Follow his instructions to the letter and do use kext helper B7 to install the AppleHDA.kext, if only because it saves time and Terminal errors if you are tired.

If you have the same chipset as me and follow the instructions to the letter, this should, on paper at least, work for you. Something I found post install is that there is a loud hissing sound, like the sea. Actually, it's quite relaxing in a twised kind of way. To stop it, you need to go to System Preferences in the dock, then click on Sound, then click on Input and slide the Internal microphone(s) slider or sliders down to zero. I haven't tried using a microphone, yet.

All credit goes to Comatron who I hope will appear and take a bow :P and those who collectively that helped him get there, not least Taruga.

EDIT: I am sorry to have to add this one but the AppleHDA.kext breaks shutdown with my laptop, meaning the laptop's screen goes black and the laptop appears to be off but in fact the fan starts up shortly thereafter. In fairness the Power led remains illuminated but... if you missed that and the fan was silent and you put your laptop in a day pack... you could fry said laptop. You can however use a USB soundcard. I use a Creative X-FI usb card and it works brilliantly. Not an ideal solution but full shutdown is essential to me. Other things break shutdown, for sure, but this is one I am able to replicate with consistency.

grabar, reboot from that dvd and replace the appleps2controller.kext with this one in terminal. repair disk permissions and see if that works! 4 some reason i cant upload the file. but the file im talking about is the file from the flat image. maybe someone else can post it.here. there it worked that time

with this file my 10.4.8 is out...no trackpad no keyboard :P

Hello,

tried the iATKOS and the KALYWAY dvd's to install leo on my extensa 5220:

iATKOS installs quite fast on the internal display, but when rebooting after installation has finished, it shows me either 

he message to reboot again (efi emulation off) or it reboots by itself wthout even showing the mac bootscreen (efi emulation on).

KALYWAY takes much longer to install, and hasn't got the x3100 drivers on it, so I'm forced to use a second external screen (good old crt yay).

After rebooting everything seems to work fine (except kalyways ''tweaks'' on the design, e.g. the orange (yay) brackground in finder), but still on the external screen.

So how do I get i working on the internal screen of my laptop? I already tried using one of the natits by paulicat and loaded them with kexthelper tool. But after rebooting the internal monitor either shows me a blue screen (yes, a BLUE screen, not a bluescreen) when plugged the external monitor off, or it remains black when the external monitor is plugged in. The external monitor always shows mac osx without any failures.

Maybe I used the wrong natit? (could anybody post the natit which he got to work, please) Is there a possibility to integrate a working natit for the x3100 graphics into the kalyway dvd? because the one, which is integrated into iatkos dvd works perfectly and lets me forget about an external monitor.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work

cheers,

hrdcore

Anyone know an ACER US site where I can download a bios update for my Extensa 5620? Technical support haven't got back to me. There are drivers on the 5620's download page but no bios. The European site has an ftp where I can download bios but it is for an older variation of my American model.

Hi Detosx, Where did you see that it is a different variation of 5620 on the european site? I have updated my bios already to v1.25 from using that site and it works perfectly with my 5620.

This is the ftp server I used: ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/extensa_5620/bios/

Hi Detosx, Where did you see that it is a different variation of 5620 on the european site? I have updated my bios already to v1.25 from using that site and it works perfectly with my 5620.This is the ftp server I used: ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/extensa_5620/bios/
Acer tend to release the same laptop in a number of different flavours, nothing unusual about that of course. I think the reason they haven't got back to me is because you need XP to install bios on some computers/laptops. The Extensa 5620 not only doesn't come with XP, XP probably wouldn't see the hard drive. Which leads me to question number one! How did you install it? That being the case, I could install XP an external drive, perhaps, but I do worry the bios is different, that the mainboard/motherboard on the more recent model has been updated. Question! Since updating the bios, does sleep work? Does your laptop shutdown fully? By which I mean the power button isn't illuminated. Are the bios options more extensive than they were, specifically in relation to the hard drive?
Hello,tried the iATKOS and the KALYWAY dvd's to install leo on my extensa 5220:iATKOS installs quite fast on the internal display, but when rebooting after installation has finished, it shows me either 

e message to reboot again (efi emulation off) or it reboots by itself wthout even showing the mac bootscreen (efi emulation on).KALYWAY takes much longer to install, and hasn't got the x3100 drivers on it, so I'm forced to use a second external screen (good old crt yay).After rebooting everything seems to work fine (except kalyways ''tweaks'' on the design, e.g. the orange (yay) brackground in finder), but still on the external screen. So how do I get i working on the internal screen of my laptop? I already tried using one of the natits by paulicat and loaded them with kexthelper tool. But after rebooting the internal monitor either shows me a blue screen (yes, a BLUE screen, not a bluescreen) when plugged the external monitor off, or it remains black when the external monitor is plugged in. The external monitor always shows mac osx without any failures.Maybe I used the wrong natit? (could anybody post the natit which he got to work, please) Is there a possibility to integrate a working natit for the x3100 graphics into the kalyway dvd? because the one, which is integrated into iatkos dvd works perfectly and lets me forget about an external monitor.EDIT: Nevermind, got it to workcheers,hrdcore

Nice. What's the speed like? Does it sleep okay? Does it fully shutdown?

hi guys

Acer 5920g 302g16n with Kalway 10.5.1

T7200 @2Ghz

2048 RAM

160 GB Sata 150

works:

ILife 08

geforce 8600m GT 256 MB works perfectly shows 256 MB - patched OpenGL support

ALC888 works - patched

except:

LAN 5787M Broadcom Netlink Gigabit

Intel Wifi 4965

My question are:

will there be any drivers for the 4965 or should i change to another PCI Wifi?

Now i'm using a Dongle..

And what about the Power Management? are there any kext for showing me the energy-meter?

May the Force be with you!

Acer tend to release the same laptop in a number of different flavours, nothing unusual about that of course. I think the reason they haven't got back to me is because you need XP to install bios on some computers/laptops. The Extensa 5620 not only doesn't come with XP, XP probably wouldn't see the hard drive. Which leads me to question number one! How did you install it? That being the case, I could install XP an external drive, perhaps, but I do worry the bios is different, that the mainboard/motherboard on the more recent model has been updated. Question! Since updating the bios, does sleep work? Does your laptop shutdown fully? By which I mean the power button isn't illuminated. Are the bios options more extensive than they were, specifically in relation to the hard drive?Nice. What's the speed like? Does it sleep okay? Does it fully shutdown?

Nope, you don't need XP to upgrade the bios. In Vista, you could run the bios update software without any problems, but it is important that you run it as administrator (ie. right-click mouse button on the executable), otherwise it won't work. I haven't noticed any difference from the bios upgrade, everything is pretty much the same as before (probably because my 5620's original bios was just one version older than the current one).

Sleep and Shutdown work perfectly in Vista just as before. Sleep still doesn't work in Leopard, but I don't think it is the bios' problem...