Acer Laptop users (Intel).

Detosx

572 posts in this topic

Hello Detosx,

congratulation for upgrade to 10.6.3. I am planning to do so on my Acer 5220.

I will inform all the users in this forum afterwards.

bozon42

Hi bozon42, good to see you again, best of luck with that, would be great to read your experiences. ;)

It's early days yet but I think 10.6.3 has lowered my CPU's temperature by a few degrees. Very welcome with the summer coming. I foolishly gave away my laptop cooler, might well get another! For surfing and word processing, etc, it's not a bother; for anything multimedia I have to keep an eye on the temperatures. I'm going to ask CharredPC about the Coolbook app. I think I recall that he got it working.

Hi bozon42, good to see you again, best of luck with that, would be great to read your experiences. :)

It's early days yet but I think 10.6.3 has lowered my CPU's temperature by a few degrees. Very welcome with the summer coming. I foolishly gave away my laptop cooler, might well get another! For surfing and word processing, etc, it's not a bother; for anything multimedia I have to keep an eye on the temperatures. I'm going to ask CharredPC about the Coolbook app. I think I recall that he got it working.

Hmm, I am a bit sad. Removed SleepEnabler.kext, made a copy of Whole S/L/E to Desktop,

madeo copy of mach_kernel to mach_kernel.bak and started the 10.6.3 update.

First with Combo then with "normal" update but same error.

Lot of debugging appeared on the screen.

After restart Snow Leopard (Hazard version 10.6.2) comes up but what is worse Leopard does not come up.

I will try to post my pics of error. Hope somebody will have a look at them and can help.

First picture is the SnowLeo error, second is the boot trial to Leopard.

What is strange with the second picture that it shows '64 bit mode enabled'. Does Leopard have 64 bit mode? I thought only 32bit...

If no solution I will start at last with GTP and Mac Retail with BootCD (will have to search for the procedure...)

Update:02-Apr-2010, 18:55 option -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1 helped to boot to Leo (so I am where I started :-))

Regards,

bozon42

post-167388-1270224991_thumb.jpg

post-167388-1270225007_thumb.jpg

Hmm, I am a bit sad. Removed SleepEnabler.kext, made a copy of Whole S/L/E to Desktop,

madeo copy of mach_kernel to mach_kernel.bak and started the 10.6.3 update.

First with Combo then with "normal" update but same error.

Lot of debugging appeared on the screen.

After restart Snow Leopard (Hazard version 10.6.2) comes up but what is worse Leopard does not come up.

I will try to post my pics of error. Hope somebody will have a look at them and can help.

First picture is the SnowLeo error, second is the boot trial to Leopard.

What is strange with the second picture that it shows '64 bit mode enabled'. Does Leopard have 64 bit mode? I thought only 32bit...

If no solution I will start at last with GTP and Mac Retail with BootCD (will have to search for the procedure...)

Update:02-Apr-2010, 18:55 option -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1 helped to boot to Leo (so I am where I started :-))

Regards,

bozon42

After removing sleepenabler kext, did you repair permissions before installing 10.6.3? I should say that I used Software Update rather download the full combo update dmg.

I have part detailed the Retail BootCD method, above. You can find instructions for the bootcd on Blackosx's gigabyte thread. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954 but don't download the bootcd from there; as said above, you want the earlier version linked to in the Asrock thread. Again, see above.

I'm curious, here, I couldn't get Leopard and Snow Leopard to coexist on the same hard drive; how did you do that? For me Chameleon either uses Snow Leopard Kexts or Leopard kexts. Do you have two incidences of Chameleon, one at root of the Leopard partition and another at root on the Snow partition, and you change the active partition with a typed command at boot?

Again, it feels important to say this: if going the gpt label route, you might want to avoid using Windows on that drive, and note purely because you have to trick windows to install on a gpt labelled drive (it has to be the 64bit version of Windows). Now for the disclaimer, again.

For whatever reason, leaving the drive label as msdos, formatting the partition to FAT32, then in Disk Utility selecting the GUID option and selecting however many partitions and formatting... doesn't have the same effect as labelling the hard drive gpt. I had a discussion in a Linux forum about all this and someone warned me that labelling the hard drive gpt could lead to data loss in Windows. I went a year without problems but then with Windows 7, when dragging and dropping 4 gigs of files, I accidentally dropped them onto VLC player rather than the folder I was aiming at; Windows 7 screen went milky white and when it had recovered... all 4gigs were deleted. No problem, thought I! I have a raft of data rescue programs and was absolutely confident I could retrieve those files as I hadn't overwritten the hard drive, had shut down the computer immediately after the crash. However, those files were permanently deleted, whether a quirk of Windows 7 or of VLC player - or of labelling the hard drive gpt. I had never seen anything like that, never had a single problem up until then but... the reason I haven't posted a complete multiboot guide is out of caution. I don't want anyone to suffer data loss, though of course we all experiment at our own risk. I did find my gpt labelled drive and Snow Leopard experience better, which to say quicker, than with simply formatting the hard drive as GUID. Why, I don't know and I can't benchmark it to prove it; I don't have a spare laptop SATA hard drive. On a desktop PC the solution is simple - have Windows 7 on a separate msdos labelled hard drive; Chameleon will see it. I have stuck with my existing setup, though, but with a proper backup procedure when in Windows (used for playing games). It is possible, then, to tri-boot on a gpt labelled drive, but the install process is quite complicated as you will find that Windows refuses to recognize the gpt drive. I made a workaround (again using Gparted). I need to write the process down from my scribbled notes, I have done it on all my computers, having bought the Apple family pack with Snow Leopard/iWork/iLife, it's really amazing value. If you want to know how I did it, I can turn my shorthand into long hand but private message me as I think posting it on the forum could, potentially, lead to people losing data (only in Windows) which then cannot be retrieved. I'm due to nuke the hard drive on one of my computers later this month and might start a guide, then, with warnings in large fonts.

If you feel there's no good reason to change your hard drive's identifier to gpt, thumbs up from me. The standard msdos with FAT32 and then formating in Disk Utility and selecting GUID from options... works well enough!

Hi guys I'm gonna need some backup, because i got a big problem with my wireless driver on my hackintosh.

when I installed leopard 10.5.6 on my p.c, the wireless wasn't working but airport could at least launch even though it couldn't connect to any wireless network but ever since i updated airport from the software update things, have become complicated, now it says there's no airport card installed whereas before it could recognize the card but it couldn't find any wireless network. I need some help to get the wireless driver working, please anybody help.

Acer aspire 2920Z

i don't exactly know what kind of wireless driver is installed on my computer.

Isn't there a software which can help me to know my hardware configuration, just like everest on windows. here is the everest report from my xp hardware configuration, i don't know maybe that might come in handy.

Scroll down to see the network configuration of my acer

If this report isn't sufficient enough, then what could you advise me to use for displaying my wireless network specification.

device Description Type

Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter PCI

Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller PCI

Hello Detosx,

I have taken your advice, made repair permission on my SnowLeo partition, installed 10.6.3 update (not the Combo)

from the already downloaded dmg but after restart I got error in Chameleon:

Hibernate header read size

Incorrect image signature

Before I saw that I need to use ForceWake=y option - I have tried but did not help.

Going to google for possible solution.

Regards,

bozon42

Note:Tried again with ForceWake=y option and got chameleon error: header read size 200

Note2:in Leo deleted /Volumes/SnowLeo/var/vm/sleepimage and set:sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 but did not help

Note3: tried to delete /S/L/Extension.mkext but no help

Note4: whan i use 10.2.0 mach_kernel I saved it comes up

Hi Mechanic. Ah, yes, the dreaded Atheros AR5007EG! There was a time when people would tell you to put it in the trash and replace it with a Dell or Broadcom card (the 4311 is what I use, I think; some Acers require that you put a strip of insulating tape over one of the pins, which is hellishly fiddly). The last time that I looked, though, people had got the Atheros card to work, albeit it was flakey. Things may have further improved. You will need to search the forum but there were a couple of long AR5007EG threads. Easiest way to search is to use Google with the term AR5007EG and insanelymac. Let us know if you have any joy. An alternative is to use a USB plug. Many don't work but the very cheap Sweex one that I refer to earlier in this thread, does - "Wireless 54G Adapter USB - LW053"; I also refer to the driver you will need if you go that route.

Hello Detosx,

I have taken your advice, made repair permission on my SnowLeo partition, installed 10.6.3 update (not the Combo)

from the already downloaded dmg but after restart I got error in Chameleon:

Hibernate header read size

Incorrect image signature

Before I saw that I need to use ForceWake=y option - I have tried but did not help.

Going to google for possible solution.

Regards,

bozon42

Note:Tried again with ForceWake=y option and got chameleon error: header read size 200

Note2:in Leo deleted /Volumes/SnowLeo/var/vm/sleepimage and set:sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 but did not help

Note3: tried to delete /S/L/Extension.mkext but no help

Note4: whan i use 10.2.0 mach_kernel I saved it comes up

Hi bozon42, as I say I was never able to get Chameleon to work with both Leopard and Snow Leopard on the same drive as the Chameleon kexts for Leopard and different from those of Snow Leopard. I believe Kextutility will delete old hibernate/sleep files to stop you having to use the ForceWake=y command. Or at least it worked for me when I was experimenting trying to get sleep to work; my laptop has 4GB of memory and Chameleon seems unable to sleep with more than 2GB on that laptop.

"Hi bozon42, as I say I was never able to get Chameleon to work with both Leopard and Snow Leopard on the same drive as the Chameleon kexts for Leopard and different from those of Snow Leopard. I believe Kextutility will delete old hibernate/sleep files to stop you having to use the ForceWake=y command. Or at least it worked for me when I was experimenting trying to get sleep to work; my laptop has 4GB of memory and Chameleon seems unable to sleep with more than 2GB on that laptop."

Hello Detosx,

thanks for the lines. I made another photo from Chameleon. Will post later.

First I would like to try 3100 video kexts from Hacktrix2006 as used before - of course I will report the status.

Regards,

bozon42

Update: 04-Apr-2010, 17:45:

-from Leo moved all *950* files to /Volumes/SnowLeo/Users/<me>/movedfrom1063

-added again Hactrix2006 files (see above in this forum) but did not help.

Please see my error photo.

post-167388-1270396142_thumb.jpg

"Hi bozon42, as I say I was never able to get Chameleon to work with both Leopard and Snow Leopard on the same drive as the Chameleon kexts for Leopard and different from those of Snow Leopard. I believe Kextutility will delete old hibernate/sleep files to stop you having to use the ForceWake=y command. Or at least it worked for me when I was experimenting trying to get sleep to work; my laptop has 4GB of memory and Chameleon seems unable to sleep with more than 2GB on that laptop."

Hello Detosx,

thanks for the lines. I made another photo from Chameleon. Will post later.

First I would like to try 3100 video kexts from Hacktrix2006 as used before - of course I will report the status.

Regards,

bozon42

Update: 04-Apr-2010, 17:45:

-from Leo moved all *950* files to /Volumes/SnowLeo/Users/<me>/movedfrom1063

-added again Hactrix2006 files (see above in this forum) but did not help.

Please see my error photo.

Happy Easter!

My problem here is that I know nothing about the installer you used for Snow Leopard, I know only the retail technique. Also, as I say, there may be a gap here in my knowledge of Chameleon but I don't understand how you are able to get Chameleon to boot both Leopard and Snow Leopard, as the kexts and boot file for Chameleon Snow Leopard are incompatible with the kexts for Chameleon Leopard, and visa versa. I installed Chameleon to my EFI partition but even when I experimented having it at the root of either my Leopard or snow Leopard partition, I couldn't boot into both, just one or the other, depending on the boot file I selected and the kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder(s). Sorry, bozon42, I'm not being much of a help on this one. If it was me I think I would use the prebootcd that I refer to earlier to boot into your Snow Leopard partition and then save all your data/bookmarks, etc, to an external drive; you should also be able to access the Leopard partition and from the Snow Leopard partition and backup everything from that partition, too. Then I would start over with the retail technique. 

The bootcd procedure is very straightforward. Blackosx has some PDF files you can follow on his Gigabyte motherboard thread. Do make sure you download his bootcd not from that thread but from the Asrock thread that I refer to, though. The latest version of the bootcd is aimed purely at the gigabyte motherboard being discussed - but the PDF files are a help. A couple of pages back you can see the list of kexts that I used.

Happy Easter!

My problem here is that I know nothing about the installer you used for Snow Leopard, I know only the retail technique. Also, as I say, there may be a gap here in my knowledge of Chameleon but I don't understand how you are able to get Chameleon to boot both Leopard and Snow Leopard, as the kexts and boot file for Chameleon Snow Leopard are incompatible with the kexts for Chameleon Leopard, and visa versa. I installed Chameleon to my EFI partition but even when I experimented having it at the root of either my Leopard or snow Leopard partition, I couldn't boot into both, just one or the other, depending on the boot file I selected and the kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder(s). Sorry, bozon42, I'm not being much of a help on this one. If it was me I think I would use the prebootcd that I refer to earlier to boot into your Snow Leopard partition and then save all your data/bookmarks, etc, to an external drive; you should also be able to access the Leopard partition and from the Snow Leopard partition and backup everything from that partition, too. Then I would start over with the retail technique.

The bootcd procedure is very straightforward. Blackosx has some PDF files you can follow on his Gigabyte motherboard thread. Do make sure you download his bootcd not from that thread but from the Asrock thread that I refer to, though. The latest version of the bootcd is aimed purely at the gigabyte motherboard being discussed - but the PDF files are a help. A couple of pages back you can see the list of kexts that I used.

Happy Easter!!

Thanks Detosx for the explanation.

AFAIK, Chameleon reads boot files of Leo and SnowLeo form its own boot partition. When Leo is on p2 (SnowLeo on p3) it reads from disk0s2, (disk0s3). Do you think it somehow can mix the files?

Fortunately I have no important data on my Acer5220 and posted quite detailed manual how i installed my triple system so reinstall would not be a problem - only time consuming. :-))

It is only nostalgy that keeps me away from trying the retail installation. An of course a small fear

that it will not run on my one core Acer5220.

But as I see from my struggling and from advices (you, CharredPC and others) it is really time to try it.

Thanks for the info, for the links - I will download bootcd of Asrock and prepare myself psychically for the Retail installation.

Just 3 questions:

1.is it possible to have 2 retails (10.5.8,10.6.2) +win7 on one disk?

2. do I need to prepare partitions and format them to fat32 or AF(HFS+) and set any of them to active ?

3. is it possible to install then and incorporate linux as 4th distro?

Regards,

bozon42

Hello all,

legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg.zip pack helped me to get 10.3.0 kernel - thanks for the creator of this pack.

10.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Apr 2 13:26:19 EDT 2010; annappirtrvh v3 :xnu-1504.3.12/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

The first problem I found is that I cannot boot into Leo disk0s2.

Regards,

bozon42

PS: rewritten /Volumes/SnowLeo/legacy_kernel -->mach_kernel

in :

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration//com.apple.Boot.plist

rewritten:

legacy_kernel -->mach_kernel

and OK!!!

p2: Leo -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1

p3: SnowLeo -v -f

Regards,

bozon42

Happy Easter!!

Thanks Detosx for the explanation.

AFAIK, Chameleon reads boot files of Leo and SnowLeo form its own boot partition. When Leo is on p2 (SnowLeo on p3) it reads from disk0s2, (disk0s3). Do you think it somehow can mix the files?

Fortunately I have no important data on my Acer5220 and posted quite detailed manual how i installed my triple system so reinstall would not be a problem - only time consuming. :-))

It is only nostalgy that keeps me away from trying the retail installation. An of course a small fear

that it will not run on my one core Acer5220.

But as I see from my struggling and from advices (you, CharredPC and others) it is really time to try it.

Thanks for the info, for the links - I will download bootcd of Asrock and prepare myself psychically for the Retail installation.

Just 3 questions:

1.is it possible to have 2 retails (10.5.8,10.6.2) +win7 on one disk?

2. do I need to prepare partitions and format them to fat32 or AF(HFS+) and set any of them to active ?

3. is it possible to install then and incorporate linux as 4th distro?

Regards,

bozon42

Hi there, good to read your helpful post above. As I say, I don't know about getting Leopard and Snow Leopard to coexist on the same drive via Chameleon.

I will this weekend try and put up a tri boot installer guide for Snow/Windows 7/Linux. I need to collect together my notes and see if I can lay my hands on a bare drive so that I can start from scratch. I will probably write it in three chunks. 

Hello Detosx

thanks in advance for the manual.

Kind regards,

bozon42

Hi there, good to read your helpful post above. As I say, I don't know about getting Leopard and Snow Leopard to coexist on the same drive via Chameleon.

I will this weekend try and put up a tri boot installer guide for Snow/Windows 7/Linux. I need to collect together my notes and see if I can lay my hands on a bare drive so that I can start from scratch. I will probably write it in three chunks.

The bad news is that my DVD writer refuses to read the Apple DVD or my Windows 7 and Vista DVDs. It took a heck of a pounding from many install experiments but... annoying. I need a plan B.  I think I will probably use my desktop computer to put the install DVD onto my USB hard drive and install from there, which amounts to the same thing as installing from the DVD.  I will give it a think. I could replace the Acers DVD drive at some point.

Update Having given my DVD rewriters a thrashing, neither will read the retail DVD. I am going to buy a new DVD writer for my desktop computer (replacing the Acer's dvd writer is more expensive and not worth the hassle) and install Snow on it and image that hard drive to my laptop.

(Most people have a couple of (SATA) hard drives kicking around and a SATA hard drive enclosure is only $13).

Basically, for those with clapped out or DVD readers that won't read the Apple DVD, this means two things:-

You have to make two Snow Leopard partitions on the desktop hard drive (Carbon Copy Cloner can't copy the partition you boot into).

You can then either pop the Acer's hard drive into a $13 USB enclosure, plug it into your desktop computer and clone straight onto the Acer drive, which means opening up the Acer or - preferably - you can remove the desktop computer's hard drive and pop it into a $13 USB enclosure, plug it into the Acer, boot up the Acer via the removed-and-enclosured-desktop hard drive using the blackosx preboot CD, and then use Carbon Copy Cloner to install to the Acer's hard drive.

You then need to boot into the Acer via the preboot CD, install Chameleon, find the Extra/Extnesions folder, pop the kexts that I mentioned in my earlier post into that Extensions folder (minus sleep enabler kext which will cause 10.6.3 update to kernel panic) and then drag that extensions folder onto the Kext Utility that you have put on your dock (you need to install kext utility first, obviously). Then you're good to go.

I will still write the trib boot guide but you will need to give me several weeks, likely it will be into May.

Meantime, collect together the kexts that I listed,

Download kext utility and blackosx 1.01 preboot CD from the Asrock thread (later versions won't work) and burn the iso to a CD - if you boot from it and get ebios errors, try and burn it on another computer.

Download Gparted live CD and burn the iso to a CD.

Well, it was a long, hard fought battle, but I was able to get 10.6.3 installed on my Acer Aspire 5610z with 95% or better functionality. A huge thanks goes out to Detosx. Without him, his extensive Hackintosh knowledge, and his insane searching skills, I would still be fighting (and probably losing) this battle. I am still very much a noob at Hackintoshing (albeit a more dangerous one now), but I will try to recap what I did to get OS X 10.6.3 working.

To recap, my system specs are as follows:

Acer Aspire 5610z (I don't know the last 4 digits, that sticker is long gone)

CPU: T2060 1.6 GHz (Dual Core)

RAM: 1 GB

Audio: Realtek HD Audio

Video: Mobile Intel 945GM Express

LAN: Broadcom 440x 10/100

Wi-FI: Broadcom 802.11g Wireless Adapter

1. Refer to this OS X install guide here: http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/

This guide is a "generic" OS X installation guide that uses a boot program called myHack to aid with the installation of OS X. You will also need a retail version of OS X (10.6) and a USB keyboard and mouse. This was the only boot loader program that allowed me to get to the OS X installer screen, and ultimately get to the OS X main desktop after the installation was complete. For this guide you will also need an an external USB HD or 8 GB+ USB flash drive and a computer running OS X (Mac or Hack) to configure the USB HD/Flash Drive.

2. You will run the myHack program on your newly configured USB HD/Flash drive and then use that USB HD/Flash drive to boot to the OS X Installation menu. From there, use the disk utility to format your internal HD and then install OS X using the normal system prompts.

3. When the install is complete, you should be able to boot to the OS X 10.6 desktop using the USB HD/Flash drive. Once at the desktop, run the myHack program to transfer needed files, including boot files, to your internal HD. Unfortunately, this did not work for me for some reason. So, I went into the Extra folder on the USB HD/Flash drive, found a file called Preboot.dmg, copied it to the Extra folder of my internal HD, and now my 5610z will boot from the internal HD and the USB HD is no longer needed.

4. Next, you need to get all of the following kext files into the Extra/Extensions folder in the root on your internal HD (some of them may already be there when the myHack program was run on the internal HD). You should be able to find these kext files by Googling "kexts.com" or "stell's prepare-yourself 64":

ACHIPortinjector

ACPIPS2Nub

IntelPllXATA

ATAPortinjector

ElliotForceLegacyRTC

EvOReboot

fakesmc

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

IOATABlockStorage

IOATAFamily

IOATAPIProtocolTransport

VoodooHDA

IOAudioFamily

IOPCIFamily

OSvKernDSPLib

JMicronATAInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

PlatformUUID

VoodooBattery

After you have put all of these kext files, you will need to repair the permissions using a program called Kext Utility. Just install this program and place it in the dock. Then drag your Extensions folder to the Kext Utility program in the dock and let it do its magic.

Once all of this is done, you should have a functioning OS X 10.6 install that will boot from the internal HD and you should no longer need the external USB mouse and keyboard. After I got to this point, I then used Software Update to update my 5610z to 10.6.3. The only issues I have are as follows:

1. Sleep

2. Touchpad - works but no 2 finger scroll

3. 5-in-1 Card Reader

4. Internal Microphone

None of these are show stoppers for me considering my 5610z is a 3+ year old laptop that runs OS X better and faster than when it was originally purchased with Vista Home Premium. I guess that is it. There may be some minor details that I missed, but the above info is significantly more than what I had when I started.

Good of you to pass on your experiences, jmciver. :(

Temperature Monitor is an essential freeware app that keeps its eye on your CPU and hard drive temperatures - important as laptops run hot when running Snow Leopard. To get it to work properly, though, to stop it from crashing, you might find you have to change the System Voice - click on Preferences and then click on Speech and experiment until you find one that doesn't cause Temperature Monitor to crash.  

Ok so here is another question for those of you with OS X on your Acer laptops. How can you get the external monitor connector to work? I tried connecting my Acer Aspire 5610z to my HDTV PC connection but it did not work. It also caused my laptop display monitor to "freak out" as well, requiring a reboot (with the HDTV disconnected) to restore everything to normal.

• 4 weeks later...

hello guys, I hope you're all doing well, I got the same damn problem I can't resolve, well my wireless driver isn't working if anybody could help me because each method I'm trying doesn't work at all, I've tried that one,I've downloaded this kext from the web the atherosAR5007EG.pkg because I got an Atheros wireless card, and then I installed kismac but it's still not working. I found that tutorial on a forum on insanelymac.com so I hope someone has already encountered the same problem than me, if there's a solution, please help me.

Configuration:

Acer Aspire 2920Z

mac os X 10.5.6

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any kexts for the atheros ar5b91 or one that is known to make it work? and also the marvell 88e8071 ethernet?

When I installed iatkos s3, it rebooted, I used -v cpus=2 busratio=7, it showed text that it was loading, then it quickly showed some writing for like a millisecond and then quickly rebooted before I could get a chance to read what it said. It only loads when I use -x to boot into safe mode. What could the issue be?

• 3 weeks later...
iATKOS v7 and Acer 7730G

No net driver for BCM 5764m

Power stuff not working, if lid-down it froze...

acer 7730zg

Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard

patched with latest version

lates bios not 3636

sound graphics work

t3400

nvidia9300m

wifi changed to genuine apple WiFi card still not working?

Both lan and wifi not working on aspire 7730

Bus pci adressing issues

currently $150 if someone can get it to work!

I might kick in $50 to get it to work

cheers

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

I have attached an AppleHDA.kext that works with Tuba ( Subwoofer bass ) instead of just the tinny tweeter speakers, I have tested it on my Acer 7720g laptop and it works perfectly.

You need to create an aggregate midi device and add the 2 sets of internal speakers and assign the speakers. If you want to play mp3 etc through all speakers at same time you need to use sunflower and au labs(xcode), there are tutorials on how to do that on this site.

Thanks

Cheops

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

I have attached an AppleHDA.kext that works with Tuba ( Subwoofer bass ) instead of just the tinny tweeter speakers, I have tested it on my Acer 7720g laptop and it works perfectly.

You need to create an aggregate midi device and add the 2 sets of internal speakers and assign the speakers. If you want to play mp3 etc through all speakers at same time you need to use sunflower and au labs(xcode), there are tutorials on how to do that on this site.

Thanks

Cheops

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Thanks Cheops!

Can you also post the legacy file are you using for 7720g laptop ? Or is such applehda.kext enough ?

Thanks!

Mal