LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

1/ 10.5 from Retail DVD

2/ 10.5.8 Combo

3/ Chameleon RC2

4/ LS8v17 (only dsmos, audio, ethernet, reboot fix)

5/ com.apple.Boot.plist with GFX and ETHER strings to /Extra

6/ AppleSMBIOS-38

7/ dsdt.aml via DSDT patcher (HPET option enabled)

8/ removed disabler.kext from /Extra

Should I follow the same steps for EP45-DQ6 mobo? If so, for Step 4, I should say no to everything except for those 4 things? Do I need to do Step 7 for this mobo?

What about Step 6? Do I just add that file to the Extensions folder?

I tried using this and the script didn't do anything =P

Was I supposed to do sudo -s? If so I missed that, It was definitely a permissions error.

Secondly, This OpenHaltRestart did not work for me, I used the old one I had and that worked.

Also, after 10.5.8, my drives are orange again, so I reinstalled the IOAHCIFAmily.kext I was using before.

A sleep issue I'm having: after waking, the Bluetooth setup assistant pops up, telling me that there is already a mouse plugged in so no syncing is necessary hah.

I "fixed" this by renaming the app, but I'd like a better fix if anyone knows anything about this.

Lastly, anyone got wake on kb/mouse working?

I'm on a P35-DS3L

I have success with fresh install 10.5.8 on GA-P35-DS4

1/ 10.5 from Retail DVD

2/ 10.5.8 Combo

3/ Chameleon RC2

4/ LS8v17 (only dsmos, audio, ethernet, reboot fix)

5/ com.apple.Boot.plist with GFX and ETHER strings to /Extra

6/ AppleSMBIOS-38

7/ dsdt.aml via DSDT patcher (HPET option enabled)

8/ removed disabler.kext from /Extra

Everything seems to work including sleep, need to set "Restart automatically after a power failure" in System Preferences / Energy Saver / Options.

I will investigate installing 10.6 on GA-P35-DS4 and GA-EP45-DQ6 as soon as I buy the retail DVD.

Hello LS8 !!!

always there .... humm

always great job.

take a look to this hack architecture, it seems that applesmbios is not requiered ?

extra28ea76.png

.. it seems that the best here are working exclusively with dsdt ?

I will investigate installing 10.6 on GA-P35-DS4 and GA-EP45-DQ6 as soon as I buy the retail DVD.

Excellent news. I'd give it a go myself, but unfortunately I don't have a spare hard drive at the moment (and I can't afford to stuff up my working Leopard install). Look forward to hearing back from you with the results... :P

coucou: I think that I had no sleep with vanilla smbios

wingwing: you can use kext helper to install it if you don't know how to do that manually

cyclobot: I did not upgrade my EP45-DQ6 machine yet, I am still on 10.5.7, but I think that the same settings as I used for P35-DS4 should work

Hey guys,

I got Snow Leopard to install on my external 100GB USB drive no problem.

My video works fine, and I haven't tried to play around with the audio yet. Is it safe to install the KEXT files from LS8's 10.5.7 package?

Also...Once I boot into Snow Leopard, I'm not able to view ANY other hard drive (only the USB drive shows up in Disk Utility and About This Mac).

Whats the deal?

Otherwise...its been running for 19 minutes without a hiccup. *knock on wood*

My specs are:

GA-EP35-DS4

Nvidia 8800 GT 512Mb (Works with LS8's com.apple.boot from a previous package)

Network (works out of the box)

SATA cd rom - not recognized

4 other SATA hard drive - not recognized

Thanks for any tips!

Hey guys,

I got Snow Leopard to install on my external 100GB USB drive no problem.

My video works fine, and I haven't tried to play around with the audio yet. Is it safe to install the KEXT files from LS8's 10.5.7 package?

Also...Once I boot into Snow Leopard, I'm not able to view ANY other hard drive (only the USB drive shows up in Disk Utility and About This Mac).

Whats the deal?

Otherwise...its been running for 19 minutes without a hiccup. *knock on wood*

My specs are:

GA-EP35-DS4

Nvidia 8800 GT 512Mb (Works with LS8's com.apple.boot from a previous package)

Network (works out of the box)

SATA cd rom - not recognized

4 other SATA hard drive - not recognized

Thanks for any tips!

Ok...well I got that fixed. I can see all my hard drives, except my DVD Burner (no biggie..I have a dual boot of Windows 7, Leopard, and Snow Leopard..lol).

Only thing left is the Audio. About This Mac will recognize it, but I get no volume bars or sound. Ideas?

Ok...well I got that fixed. I can see all my hard drives, except my DVD Burner (no biggie..I have a dual boot of Windows 7, Leopard, and Snow Leopard..lol).

Only thing left is the Audio. About This Mac will recognize it, but I get no volume bars or sound. Ideas?

Ok..sounds seems to be working now. The default output was on microphone. I set it to line out, and it works as good as it did in 10.5

My DVD burner doesn't work still. I also hooked up an additional external ESATA drive, and it also is not deteced. Something with limited SATA ports I think.

Have you got a guide for use snow leo noobs? How did you get it working?

Ok..sounds seems to be working now. The default output was on microphone. I set it to line out, and it works as good as it did in 10.5

My DVD burner doesn't work still. I also hooked up an additional external ESATA drive, and it also is not deteced. Something with limited SATA ports I think.

Have you got a guide for use snow leo noobs? How did you get it working?

I followed this guide, and also used the provided .AML file.

http://www.teknojunkie.com/2009/08/guide-s...32-coming-soon/

To get sound working, I copied the HDA file from LS8's 10.5.7 package.

To get recognition of ALL SATA HDD, I used this: http://rapidshare.de/files/48088165/AppleI...A.kext.zip.html, along with IOATAFAMILY.KEXT from this package http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PU0SM1SK

Everything else just kinda works. I didn't need to muck around with anything.

Oh...I tried to install Snow Leopard from my 10.5.8 installation (twice) to my external USB, andd although it did install and I was able to boot (chamelion), it would lock up within second with lots of errors and Panic.

I tried Installing (the third time) from my Sister's macbook with SL, and guess what? Worked absolutely great!

You can also try this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1303...although it seems too complex and involved. I got SL up and running in abuot 30 minutes from formatting to logging in.

Anyone know about the Disk Utility fix? I've followed instructions to re-install the bsd.pkg but I'm getting an install failed error. :D

My work around for this was installing Snow Leopard FROM Snow Leopard.

If you install SL from Leopard, you will get the disk utility issue. There is probably another way around it, but instaling from Snow to Snow will guarantee disk utility fix. (I tried twice from Leo to Snow Leo with Disk Utility problem...I tried twice from Snow to Snow...with no error).

Hey :-) I switched to Snow Leopard this week. The link to the guide I used is in my signature.

Somethings should be mentioned though: The install method from disk image by opening OSInstall.mpkg is definately outdated with Snow Leopard. You have to install from USB-Stick or second Partition/HD. by cloning the DVD to it.

You run into several problems if installed from disk image:

Repairing permissions don't work - receipts are not saved, which is necessary for repairing permissions.

The root of HD is messed up, with folders normally invisible getting visible.

Kernel panics after Finder shows up, which can sometimes be repaired, sometimes not.

I didn't get 64Bit-mode to work with OSInstall.mpkg-method.

Thats only my experience.

• 5 weeks later...

GA-P35-DS4 beeps on startup, reboot cycling, or can't overclock

This is a tip for owners of this motherboard who might have experienced the above problems, as I did. Many owners of this motherboard have despaired of a solution and gotten rid of them, needlessly. I finally discovered that the trouble is caused by the board's flakey USB support. Disconnect all of your USB devices and reboot; the beeps should go away. Then reconnect the USB devices one by one until you find the culprit. For me it was a Dell monitor with a built-in USB hub.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a question for you guys with the DS4 about the built in audio and LS8v17. I have been trying to use Skype, YahooVoice, Gizmo and some other Voip applications. I find that either the audio out/in ports on the front or the back of the case work. but in Apple's pref pane, the front is called External built in mic, and the one in back is called internal. In pref pane I can get either mic to work and in Skpe they both work, but in Yahoo voice, gizmo and some others....the front one won't work no matter what i've tried to do.

Do any of you have any suggestions for how I can configure something so that the mic and output on the front of the case will work more then the one on back? Ideally without disabling the output on back too? OR any theories about why Yahoo and gizmo would have problems with the apple pref pane is still showing input metering on the front mic?

how to do step 4?

can give the detailed step?

4/ Install LS8v17 (installation script must be run from its location: ./install-ls8v17.sh)

many thx!!!

Hi,

it´s an shell-command:

open terminal,

go to your expand-location (where you have saved that files)

and start that file/program (install-ls8v17.sh)

ragards