AMD Subforums

NUCLEaR

52 posts in this topic

How bout an AMD sticky, which lists AMD related releases and how to patch and stuff. Of course this would have to be made by someone experienced in AMD OSX Patching.

How bout an AMD sticky, which lists AMD related releases and how to patch and stuff. Of course this would have to be made by someone experienced in AMD OSX Patching.

that would be for more experienced people. and it wouldn't get rid of the "this work on amd? thx." topics

I just don't understand why people can't be bothered to click a link and read the information on an OSx86 release in order to find out if it's AMD compatible... Instead we need a whole new AMD sub-forum! Then people are going to be like "uhh, where's the Intel forum?" and we're still going to get people asking "does this work on AMD?"...

=/

Fine then. Make an AMD and Intel sub and lock the root of it. Then move the ones that are compatible with Intel to its sub and to AMD in its sub. Is it really that much work? I would do it if I was an admin!!!

Oh, for both, just make a copy thread.

being an amd fanboy myself.. would be nice to see something like that. but.. but..

think on that.. what changes between an intel and an amd release... is just a couple of files decrypted or patched... other than that it's all identical! and then it's just about driver hunting.. just like it happens for intel(not to mention that several kext DO actually work on both worlds)

so it's kinda pointless in my PoV

Although there may only be a few files different, Intel always get the love, and people on AMD or more or less stuck with the good OLD JaS 10.4.8 DVD. We need to either have more of a dual release or torrents or have our own forum were we can do it ourselfs...

Think Mark

Though i do agree things could get messy

EDIT: +1 for subforum.

• 3 months later...

+99999999999999999999999 on the Amd subforum.

There's millions of us Amd users, and Hardware and Drivers have really not so useful subforums as Peripheral Devices

for some ancient flatbed scanner or a punch card reader. :D

Let's keep this thread alive.

• 4 weeks later...

:dev:

:P:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I agree, the only comments that are going to be posted here is completed nonsense rubbish. But this makes me laugh so much, I am literally off my seat right now I have an Intel too, and honestly there is no difference between both Quad versions, lol. :angel:

:pirate2:

AMD OSx86 Users? You should try to navigate to the right place :-)

http://forum.infinitemac.com/

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2226939,00.asp

Yes, I've built systems based on both these processors, so I'm not just posting benchmarks. This link just gives an idea to people who haven't. Stock the Intel chip is noticeably snappier. Overclocked the there is no comparison. The AMD chip is wholly outclassed.