AMD Subforums

NUCLEaR

52 posts in this topic

It's kinda annoying having an AMD processor on these forums, since most releases are Intel.

To make stuff easier for newbies and pros alike, I suggest you make AMD and Intel subforums on release threads, in the OSX86 Installation forum. This makes it easier to locate AMD releases, and help people with AMD comps. This also eliminates the need for "this supports amd? thx".

~NUCLEaR

being an amd fanboy myself.. would be nice to see something like that. but.. but..

think on that.. what changes between an intel and an amd release... is just a couple of files decrypted or patched... other than that it's all identical! and then it's just about driver hunting.. just like it happens for intel(not to mention that several kext DO actually work on both worlds)

so it's kinda pointless in my PoV

being an amd fanboy myself.. would be nice to see something like that. but.. but..

think on that.. what changes between an intel and an amd release... is just a couple of files decrypted or patched... other than that it's all identical! and then it's just about driver hunting.. just like it happens for intel(not to mention that several kext DO actually work on both worlds)

so it's kinda pointless in my PoV

+1 for lord muad dib.

makes a good point :D

this thread isnt deciding the fate of amd... its just discussing a thread dedicated to it.

What if we created an AMD subforum within the Leopard subforum without creating an AMD one too?

That way people who in particular wanted to post about AMDs could go there and post or not. Think that would be less complicating there would be no need to split it all up into to.

and not all releases say [iNTEL] in front of the post. they just say the name of the guy who created it, and the version. only some say intel or amd only.

That I Would Have To Disagree With You on. Every build that i have seen always says [iNTEL SEE2 SEE3] Or [AMD SEE2 SEE3] On It But I Still Love The Idea

well, as of now, not the iatkos or the kalyway release threads specify what they're for.

Are you serious? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77069

In the first line of that post, it states exactly what platform it will work on.

Oh, and check out the 4th subheading here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76821