kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Released

REVENGE

45 posts in this topic

Whew, it seems like Christmas has arrived early for the Hackint0sh scene, first with the seeding of iATKOS by uphuck and now with the seeding of the kalyway team's 10.5.1 release.

Kalyway's build includes support for both SSE3 and SSE2 Intel CPUs, with an integrated PC-EFI installer capable of both MBR and GUID installations. In addition, a plethora of video, audio, and networking drivers are included in order to make this release as compatible as possible with Hackint0sh hardware. As a special bonus, there will be some extra 3rd party software bundled with the install, including the well known Pacifist package manager and Colloquy IRC client.

LIVE: Now staying with the pirates in a very special bay, kalyway's release is publicly available!

More information in our InsanelyMac Leopard Forum

This is kinda like BD vs HDDVD, which release to choose? I never really took the time to tinker with Leo yet, just not that interested I guess. I kinda figured that us hackintosh users would lose more this time around than the pure mac users, but from what I've read it looks like problems all around... so now I'm interested, go figure. Meh, if it's this easy, how can you not try it?

May as well just grab 'em both, although this one sounds like it has more goodies included... whichever one wins the "race" I guess.

I'm not ready to write over my trusty 10.4.8 install just yet tho.

Cheers to all involved, BTW... surely tons of effort went in and the Leecher numbers speak for themselves on how many of us out there were waiting for this... :)

Well, this one is certainly seeding faster than uphuck's. ;)

I was able to finish Kalyway before iAtkos (and iAtkos still about 95% :) ).

I'm typing from Kalyway installation.

Good things: I was able to experience for the first time my iHac with pc_efi (all my manual tentatives failed). Using vanilla kexts and kernel + GUID seem very fast, like no other install I did before, and I install OS X on my pcs since the very first version released by the comunity. Disk access is very fast, just as I aways wanted.

Bad things: had to install NVinject for my 8800 GTX manually after install (no big deal since it already installs Kexthelper by default ;)). No transparency on my the upper bar and a different version of default's desktop (wich I like), dock theme and finder's background collor (why in the hell change all that?). My sound wasn't recognized, but that I already expected.

In a general way, I'd say it's a great install. Just for experience vanilla kernel runnig without any manual intervention it's already worth it.

post-5507-1198238198_thumb.png

post-5507-1198238285_thumb.png

Are both the kalyway and iatkos installs themed? What else did they change from the default leopard install?

The top bar is weird, too, because I upgraded ToH to 10.5.1 (not a good idea) and I had to use some other intel drivers (950GM, found on one of these forums) but in the end it seemed the video card was not recognized and the top bar was not transparent anymore....

btw both dvds are downloading but kalyway is stuck at 99.9. ;)

speeds are quite alright for now, been downloading at 170kb/s so hope it stays like that and i will bloody seed for as long as possible. :D

Hi could you please email me the direct link of the torrent? as pbay is banned in my country! but i can get the torrent client download it from the site! my mail is bl3wz[at]yahoo.com

thank you