NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest sincro77

yes but now your capped at 3 gigs

and youll get a panic if you access over that... or use maxmem=3000 to avoid it.

Well, this is what I've done, I erased the old kexts AppleNforceATA and SuperNorceATA and then installed the AppleNforceATA(TEST) from the first post. Now my sata dvd writer can read the discs. Thanks a lot, people!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

AFAIK MeDevil left the OSx86 scene some time ago and never posted the source code for AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST so other devs cannot produce a 32bit version and 64 bit version that enables SATA CD/DVD R/W.......

• 6 months later...

hi!, my name is Emilio, im from argentina (please excuse my english), im successfully install SL 10.6.3 from retail DVD with nawcom boot cd, but when i boot from the sata HD my sata DVD dont work(after 5 min says is a blank cd or something like that). Then, if i boot from nawcom cd, the dvd works, but without video acceleration.

I have and Athlon 640 x4, 2gb ram, ps2 mouse and keyboard and the mother is a gigabyte ga-m68mt-s2p.

in the install process i chose applenforceata for the chipset, i read that is some issues with that kext but i dont now how to try another one (like applenforceata.test.kext), i dont fully understand the process for doing that.

Again sorry for my english,

Thanks.

PD: Before SL, i install IPC 10.5.6 Leo with applenforceata.test and the dvd works just fine.

• 4 months later...