• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

sapibinca

sapibinca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi i have a problem with a nforce controller in my laptop.
notebook acer 7520g chipset mpc 67 ,i can install leopard on a usb drive but not in my internal disk!
When trying it internal after installing os i've "still waiting for root device" error .
The strange thing is that i can boot on internal only when i've two hardisks installed!!! and no " still waiting for root device" error.
someone has any idea about it?
tnx and sorry for my english

LoneWaffle

LoneWaffle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
This is crazy! I simply CANNOT find a copy of AppleNForceATA.kext that fixes the 32-bit memory addressing problem (using 4GB RAM) AND fixes the SAM Multimedia Error. I can only fix one or the other, depending on which kext I go with. Nobody has one that'll do both?

Moviezzzz

Moviezzzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
my snow cant recognize my dvd.help pls

Kimiko

Kimiko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
My Snow can recognize my LG sata dvd but can not read it or write. I am using AppleNforceATA.kext, chipset nforce mcp61. Help please.

pyrates

pyrates

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

My Snow can recognize my LG sata dvd but can not read it or write. I am using AppleNforceATA.kext, chipset nforce mcp61. Help please.

Known bug. It was fixed with a later version, but that version's source was never released. So the version you're using with the ram fix in it doesn't have the cd/dvd drive fix. Unless someone can figure out how to fix it like it was, you're gonna have to go without.

Kimiko

Kimiko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Well, this is what I've done, I erased the old kexts AppleNforceATA and SuperNorceATA and then installed the AppleNforceATA(TEST) from the first post. Now my sata dvd writer can read the discs. Thanks a lot, people!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

davisin666

davisin666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
IDE Doesnt work on 0x75910de (MCP78S, Chipset GeForce 8200)
{censored}!

baobeiqq

baobeiqq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ooo.. :(

My DVD can't work, I will try to. Thx.

deve10per

deve10per

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
having same problem like LoneWaffle
using the common nforce sata kext all running fine, except of sata dvd only playing cd.
using the nforce sata test kext dvd running fine, but sometimes getting a kernel panik copying file.
is it possible to someway merge the two kext?

many thanks in advance

pyrates

pyrates

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
It's binary code. You can't merge binary code.

The maintainer of the fixed nforce kext has to figure out how the previous author fixed the dvd/cd drive issue. That source code was never released, so put up with a broken cd/dvd drive for now.

deve10per

deve10per

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
okay, i thought both kext were released by MeDevil...

anybody with the same problem found a workaround?

slimshadyp

slimshadyp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Please MeDevil release the Latest NForceATA.kext.test so we can update a fully working 64 bit yet working sata dvd kext.

bluesonic

bluesonic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST works great on my Asus P5N32E motherboard (i680 + MCP55), my SATA drive can read CDs and DVDs without a hitch, while all other kexts fail with this. -_-

Guest: sincro77_*

Guest: sincro77_*
  • Guests
yes but now your capped at 3 gigs
and youll get a panic if you access over that... or use maxmem=3000 to avoid it.

Well, this is what I've done, I erased the old kexts AppleNforceATA and SuperNorceATA and then installed the AppleNforceATA(TEST) from the first post. Now my sata dvd writer can read the discs. Thanks a lot, people!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,641 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >
AFAIK MeDevil left the OSx86 scene some time ago and never posted the source code for AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST so other devs cannot produce a 32bit version and 64 bit version that enables SATA CD/DVD R/W.......

manciniemi

manciniemi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi!, my name is Emilio, im from argentina (please excuse my english), im successfully install SL 10.6.3 from retail DVD with nawcom boot cd, but when i boot from the sata HD my sata DVD dont work(after 5 min says is a blank cd or something like that). Then, if i boot from nawcom cd, the dvd works, but without video acceleration.

I have and Athlon 640 x4, 2gb ram, ps2 mouse and keyboard and the mother is a gigabyte ga-m68mt-s2p.

in the install process i chose applenforceata for the chipset, i read that is some issues with that kext but i dont now how to try another one (like applenforceata.test.kext), i dont fully understand the process for doing that.

Again sorry for my english,

Thanks.

PD: Before SL, i install IPC 10.5.6 Leo with applenforceata.test and the dvd works just fine.

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Good Works !! I will try to use it on my old Leopard PC to see if i can get Snow Leopard working ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy