KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

• Please log in to reply
2626 replies to this topic

Stumped 1

Stumped 1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who have posted their issues and the people who have helped. This is only my second post because I have tried to figure out as much as I can using search but I have not found a good solution for this issue yet.

I just tried installing Kalyway 10.5.2 to my 1 tb hd I partioned it as GUID 1 partition mac osx journaled
I got the installation successful screen and then it says 30 seconds to reboot. I let the system reboot and it brings up the asus screen then goes to the boot screen and says something about loading darwin86 and 4 lines after that come up but nothing happens, it just goes back to the Asus screen

I have tried everything I can find setting the partition to active, I have tried with the cd in, the cd out and still nothing. I have changed boot priority to put the hdd as 1st priority and no succcess.

This is a fresh install on a system with no other OS on it.
any help is greatly appreciated.

james.hottinger

james.hottinger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Stumped.

Have you tried the cpus=1 command on install? assuming you have a dual core?

J

Xadamx1

Xadamx1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, hi, normally I would try to refrain from asking for help here, but i cant connect to the irc channel. So, I have Leopard installed and it boots fine. It is when I get to the set up I have a problem. I get through recognizing keyboard and languages and all that junk. I get to the part where it asks me to transfer data through time machine backups ect. since I do not own a mac I try to hit not now, but then it freezes and just starts the welcome sequence over again. If anyone knows how to fix this problem any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Adam.

andrewg112

andrewg112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
All installed with a few problems, now sorted

Got the Ethernet driver installed and other things. I have not however succeed to get my dual screen to work. I have tried pretty much every website with the card in the web page, and nothing. I even tried the kext for the nearest model i could find and installed it, which really cocked it all up!

Im looking for the Radeon HD 3600

Please Help!

MainMan

MainMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

What is meant by intel amd sse2 sse3 ? I am on Intel Core2Duo will it work ?

Thanks.

phlo19

phlo19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, here's my configuration

mainboard: msi mcp61

graphic: nVidia 6150SE

chipst: nForce 430

processor: AMD Athlon 5200+ 64 x2

ram: 2.5 Gb

is there a chance to make work Kalyway on my system ?

JoeBobJr

JoeBobJr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I installed this version of OS X to my desktop. It's an older model desktop dual core AMD. I had no issues at all installing everything went perfect. I got into OS X and it asked me to set up a few things and then threw me to my desktop. After getting in I looked around to see if my wireless card got installed and I didn't find it installed so I got on my laptop and downloaded the RT73 drivers. I installed them to the OS X everything installed the UI loaded it asked me what network I wanted to connect to I choose my network put in my network key and it connected and even said my signal is great but it won't access the internet period. IT shows me on the network like everything is good but I can't do updates, I can't browse the net with firefox it won't do anything on the internet period. I checked the firewall to see if maybe it was turned on paranoid or something by default and it wasn't it was set to allow all incoming packets by default. I have no idea why my internet isn't working I need to see if my video, etc drivers show up in the updates so I can get my os all set up but I can't access the internet. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy