Nvidia G92 (8800GT) support in 10.5.2

Dense

359 posts in this topic

Ok the new kexts + OpenGL.framework are useless for now, trust me I tried those on my 8800GTS (G80, the one that works).

I lost QE/CI but framebuffer was still working. So I put back old OGL.Framework and I got QE/CI back with some opengl bugs (because I didn't have the new one).

So anyway, you need other files (maybe kernel, I don't know) to make them properly work, the whole 10.5.2 package, so just wait for the final package to be released, since having a Beta Software isn't that good IMO.

Though gotoh you can still add those vendor id to nvinject so when 10.5.2 final package is out, G92 users can try it quickly :D

Oh btw, not only does it add G92 support, but G98 support (the new "low end" geforce that will replace 8600).

:) I just got myself a 7900GS. Time to sell my 7900GS I guess?

Not unless you intend on playing DX10 games. The 7900 GS can overclock like a breeze though, 30-40% gains on BOTH the desktop and mobile version of the card :angel:

I've done a full install using the mach_sleep kernel and everything is working as normal. Using just a few of the kexts will result in no QE/CI but you can use resolution switching. May be enough to get some early preliminary tests. Good signs for those with G92 cards though.

You get resolution switching, true but it's slow as hell without QE/CI but still it may be worth trying because if resolution swtiching works, then i'm pretty sure everything will 100% work with the full package.

But anyway, if you aren't using GFX-string from PC-efi, you will need natit/nvinject to inject the "nvidia efi values" and thus gotoh or somebody else need to add the vendor id to his nvinject. The kexts won't work at all without natit, that's for sure.

Good news :)

Just copied the new kexts/framework over and popped in NVinject, seems to panic right towards the end of boot though (right when NVinject starts matching). Booting verbose sees no panic but it stalls, so I guess I need to play with NVinject. Any pointers? I've never used it before. From reading about I understand that I don't need to add any devid's to plists or anything, all I need to do is set the VRAM to 512MB (<00000020>).