106 replies to this topic

macita

macita

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Hi Woj,
As I understand the cheapest ProTools is the M-Powered one.
ProTools M-Powered doesn't need any dongle. Just many plug ins and Digidesign options like DV Toolkit 2.0 or Music Production Toolkit.

! LOL !

Pro tools M-powered NEEDS iLOCK!!!!!!
and wrks fine here.. i downloaded all the mac drivers and it works! but i dont use it ...i love logic! ;)
Maybe ill sold....

jul_k

jul_k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I have no idea, maybe is a irq sharing problem between the graphics card/pci express bus and the native usb ports.

If you are going to buy a usb pcmcia card, just stay away from via based ones, they are known to work badly.

a big thank you again!

I assume that via based means that it has a via chip! is that right?
looking around for pcmcia_s I didn't find any chip specifications!
the card should also have osx drivers, and the one I found don't specify to have osx support! since macs come with all usb/firewire I'm affraid this could be smth unsupported! any suggestions?

refering to irq sharing, this is the first reason that makes sense why/where gfx can interfere with my soundcard! great point!

peace man!

VooD

VooD

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
You can attach several different usb cards into real macs, and so in a hackintosh. The system already has drivers for various usb controllers. So even with no indication about mac drivers in the card's box, it might work. I have an usb pci card working flawless in my Athlon x2 Nvidia osx setup. I know it doesn't use via chipset, but I can't remember which manufacturer is.

dj_stick

dj_stick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

! LOL !

Pro tools M-powered NEEDS iLOCK!!!!!!
and wrks fine here.. i downloaded all the mac drivers and it works! but i dont use it ...i love logic! <_<
Maybe ill sold....

not neccessarily, some versions of M-Powered (i think the education versions mostly) require an iLok, while others just require you have specific M-Audio hardware

and btw digidesign have released a leopard compatible "pre-release" version
http://www.digidesig...on=news_details

jul_k

jul_k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

You can attach several different usb cards into real macs, and so in a hackintosh. The system already has drivers for various usb controllers. So even with no indication about mac drivers in the card's box, it might work. I have an usb pci card working flawless in my Athlon x2 Nvidia osx setup. I know it doesn't use via chipset, but I can't remember which manufacturer is.

hi VooD!
I was refering to pcmcia cards and most of them don't mention to have osx support or which kind of chipset they use!
I finally bought a cheap delock usb adapter through which the mbox doesn't load!
I really whished I had a pci slot on my laptop :blink:!
On one boot I noticed a statement like "not recoverable IRQ error" but this refered to my cardbus not to the built in usb card!

do you know a way to view irq repartisation in osx? I don't have such setting in my bios!
or even a way to adjust the irq number to the devices?
;) since your post I'm getting more and more interested in this topic!

regards

VooD

VooD

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
I know some notebooks have problems with pcmcia/pci interfaces. In fact is one of the main reasons of ethernet / compatible wifi chipsets not working in notebooks. Maybe you first should adress that. I know some guy posted here a few kext in order to make pcmcia/pci buses to work in problematic notebooks.

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
I see there's a new version of Pro Tools now works on Leopard 10.5.3 , finally...(used to only work in Tiger)
(link) (Link 2 - http://www.audiotechsupport.com/2008/05/28...053-well-almost) Any successful hack installs?

jul_k

jul_k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
He VooD!
:D with or without solutioning smth, your post make me happy! :)

I know that kexts! without those I wouldn't have made my pcmcia card working!
but they just make your pcmcia controller be recognized and ready to work!
I can mount a usb-HDD through the pcmcia-card, but my soundcard doesn't mount!
who knows where here could be the issue!

anyway I have seen with lspci -v that there is a latency(64) on the pcmcia card and this is quite awfull when working with sound cards, I think!
so, some knowledge about IRQ setting otions in OSX would be the most helpfull think I could get at the moment, to realy be able to tell, if it is the IRQs or IRQ-sharing causing my sound bugs! brrrr

@synaesthesia
I thought I wasn't allowed to download that update, but it worked!
as soon I get 10.5.3 working I'll try it and could tell more! but I don't see any reason why this shouldn't, since PT le works on Leo and worked even digides. called it not supported!
the audiotech link doesnt work!

ps: my english seems to be quite bad...sorry!

TonserPerson

TonserPerson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have the old mbox...it works fine with protools on my macbook running leopard...
would the hackingtosh install the old mbox without any hassle???

i use a P5B-Deluxe mobo...and im going to use the kalyway 10.5.2 DVD :censored2:

ManFrday

ManFrday

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
My DIGI002 console & 7.4.2 seem to work pretty well on my hackintosh (10.5.4)

Only problem I have is that ever since the 10.5.3 update my waves plugins pop up with a blank GUI.
Not sure what that is all about..
That happened with the 5.8 version of the plugins and it is still happening with the v6 waves plugins.

ManFrday

ManFrday

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Just in case this was keeping anyone awake at night, the issue turned out to be the graphics driver.
Once I update the natit stuff the waves plugin GUI's worked fine too.

steenamaroo

steenamaroo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Audio Production.
protools le 7.4.2 on 10.5.4

i had NO problems at all, in very very heavy sessions under 10.5.3,

since the upgrade to 10.5.4 i have graphical glitches,

the problem is that mute and solo status are not updated,,,for example,

alltracks are muted,,,but some appear not to be.

this has no effect on performace or anything other than being a little confusing sometimes,

but i might revert to 10.5.3 since i used protools a lot.

ManFrday

ManFrday

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I had graphics problems after 10.5.4, and it was due to my video card not running quartz properly.
Once I fixed that my graphic troubles went away.

mysoundeditor

mysoundeditor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I cant get my protools 7.4 to work
The M-box played the computer audio out, and i didnt have the internal audio working, so i thought the computer was hogging the audio IO. But i fixed the built in audio ALC882M and protools still hangs at
"Creating DAE Objects"
anyone have any ideas.
I am using OSX ideneb 10.5.4 and protools 7.4 with the cs3 update.
Any suggestions would be nice

ManFrday

ManFrday

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
If I am not mistaken, for Leopard, you need to be using Pro Tools 7.4.2

give that a shot

mysoundeditor

mysoundeditor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Cool, just downloading it, thanx Man.
I thought i had the wrong version.

:D

mysoundeditor

mysoundeditor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Still didn't work. I am trying from scratch again, maybe putting the 7.4 on before i put 7.4.2 (the intel mac version) did something. Now Reformat ReiDeneb rebuild.
I need Pro Tools to work. Then i can put it on both my intels. I am sick of windows.

mysoundeditor

mysoundeditor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Yes, Pro Tools works. 7.4.2
I opened the activity monitor in the Applications>Utilities folder and noticed that COREAUDIOIO is red and crashed before i booted protools. So i force quit it and protools loaded.

You guys rock.
I cant bounce to file as an mp3 but everything is fully functional. I can get something else to make mp3s outa my bounced wav SDII or aiff files.

steenamaroo

steenamaroo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Audio Production.
as far as i'm aware, bouncing to mp3 is a paid option....

if you haven't paid for it you can't use it <like me>

a suitable alternative is to bounce wav,,and convert to mp3 via itunes :thumbsup_anim:

bazilato

bazilato

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Pro tools LE 7.4.2 working great
Only one problem: sometime I have some 9035 DAE error when trying to automatically searching file for re-link
don't really know why ?...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy