Security Update 2007-009 Leopard on AMD?

Poochie

28 posts in this topic

hmm im really sorry for your usb problem!

maybe u install the 10.5.1 dvd by zephiroth like me... everything works fine out of the box.

although there is no special kext for usb 2.0.

you could check out another verison of the forcedeth.kext, but it seems a bit risky.

maybe the kext that worked for me before i had zephiroth's dvd works for jmicron usb only...i guess u have to check the manufacturer

of your usb ports and google for working kexts.

I think I'm using exactly that release by Zepiroth! It's weird I cannot find much feedback, the board I'm using was one of the most popular NF4 ones!

Anyway as long as my USB audio card works it's no big deal, I occasionally use USB drives and I user Firewire whenever I can. It's just sluggishly slow when using memory cards but they're not so speedy even in USB2 ;)

Could you post your Samba experience in my other post? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=79731

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
With the script that marvins utility generated =0D

I have two leopard installs on my machine and used marvins utility to create the script. Now both installs have the update and I havn't noticed any problems so far.. though I should try quicktime sense that was in the patch.... though its a simple fix if it doesnt wanna work.

Just boot intoi single user mode by holding down the f8 key and run the patch marvins utility creates for you.

http://www.upitus.com/download.php?file=d076b846 << here is a zip file of the patches marvins utility did. I always put them in the root directory and boot into single user mode, do the mounting and run the patch script.

errrm, just realized I could upload it here =0D

Anyway, hope that helps.

Hi BMC, can you explain precisely how do i patch it?

how to make the update, marvins utility etc...

Thanks!