Semi-Official Intel DP35DP board thread

AndrewNZ

75 posts in this topic

Hello MACinized

i have almost same config that you have intel dp35dp , i have try to install leopard retail 10.5.1 with boot 132 and i have failed, but right now i am using leopard 10.5.5 with the iatkos 5i dvd install, i want to ask you something, i have 2 problems, number one is that if i update to 10.5.6 my timemachine stop working and i think is becasue the dsdt, the other thing is i am using nvdarwin for nvidio 7800 gt 256 and i have the OHS.kext for the restart shutdown problem but my computer wont shutdown,

what recomendations can you gave me all my hardware is working perfectly only the shutdown issue for now i can stay on 10.5.5 but actually will be great if i can install retail

thanks in advance

i'm also experiencing kernel panic @ shutdown. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MACinized,

I've downloaded your Boot-132 CD for the Intel DP35DP motherboard. It unzipped correctly and I am able to see the contents. I have burnt it to a CD, but when I try to boot with it in the drive, I get the following error:

ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...

Boot failed: press a key to retry...

I'm able to boot with the generic Boot-132 disk OK, so I'm puzzled at what the problem is. I've downloaded the file a few times and burnt the iso 3 times with the same issue every time.

I did a quick search but was not able to find an answer. Do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. Tried to send this via PM, but your mailbox is full.

Hi MACinized,

I've downloaded your Boot-132 CD for the Intel DP35DP motherboard. It unzipped correctly and I am able to see the contents. I have burnt it to a CD, but when I try to boot with it in the drive, I get the following error:

ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...

Boot failed: press a key to retry...

I'm able to boot with the generic Boot-132 disk OK, so I'm puzzled at what the problem is. I've downloaded the file a few times and burnt the iso 3 times with the same issue every time.

I did a quick search but was not able to find an answer. Do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. Tried to send this via PM, but your mailbox is full.

u may try the one i've attached. u can also try the boot-132-disc maker w/c u can find in my sig.

good luck.

boot132.iso.zip

u may try the one i've attached. u can also try the boot-132-disc maker w/c u can find in my sig.

MACinized: Thanks very much for your help. I found what was causing the disc read issue... I had to go into BIOS setup and changed the SATA to AHCI instead of IDE. I was able to use your ISO and have loaded Leopard 10.5.6 with all the updates on my machine.

I now have another issue! :D I can boot OK from the boot-132 disc and then let the hard drive (device #80) boot and all is OK. I cannot however boot from the hard drive by itself. When I remove the boot-132 disc, it takes a long while for the machine to start booting and after a while I get a graphics display instructing to restart the machine. This is really strange, since it works fine when I start the boot process with the boot-132 disc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

MACinized: Thanks very much for your help. I found what was causing the disc read issue... I had to go into BIOS setup and changed the SATA to AHCI instead of IDE. I was able to use your ISO and have loaded Leopard 10.5.6 with all the updates on my machine.

I now have another issue! ;) I can boot OK from the boot-132 disc and then let the hard drive (device #80) boot and all is OK. I cannot however boot from the hard drive by itself. When I remove the boot-132 disc, it takes a long while for the machine to start booting and after a while I get a graphics display instructing to restart the machine. This is really strange, since it works fine when I start the boot process with the boot-132 disc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

u can try this method.

good luck.

• 1 month later...

I've tried all kinds of different combinations, but the computer does not restart without the boot disc. I've also change HD ports settings in the bios.

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M06: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Most Recent Attempt:

bios: native

bios: IDE (also tried AHCI)

bios: S.M.A.R.T: disabled (also tried enabled)

Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

GUID/ Paritition: (also tried the dreaded MBR)

1partition: “macintoshHD” (also tried: "Leopard" "disk0s2")

boot disc: iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System

Language Translations: selected all

Kernels: none selected (also tried 9.5.0 voodoo- but i don't think its necessary for this board?)

Drivers: Video Drivers: NVidia: NVdarwin 256MB

Drivers: Chipset Drivers: Intel ICHx SATA Drivers (also tried individually: ICH10, and JMicron

Drivers: Audio Drivers: ADxxxx

Drivers: Ethernet Drivers: Intel 82566MM/DC (firewire to laptop)

Drivers: USB Drivers: Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches: selected all (also tried none)

Fixes and Patches: Alternate Disablers: none selected

Fixes and Patches: Ps/2 Device Suport: none selected

Fixes and Patches: DSDT: none selected (also tried eash one)

Fixes and Patches: AppleSMBIOS Patch: AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro (also tried individually: AppleSMBIOSEFI; applesmbios patch- 677mhz; AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 800MHz)

Alternate Bootloaders: Chameleon with SMBIOS/DSDT

Applications: all

Past: used kalyway 10.5.1 with the above mentioned hardware: Intel DP35DP, E4700 @ 2.60GHz, 1 GB DDR2(x2), 500GB boot drive - SATA as AHCI in BIOS, SATA DVD drive, nVIDIA 7300GS 256MB Ethernet via Firewire, no sleep

------

Question:

1. Am i only left with the boot-132 option?

2. I have never done a bios update- out of the box. There's a new one posted recently: 2009.jan.05- don't know if its necessary for me to upgrade.

Any good leads would be helpful.

I've tried all kinds of different combinations, but the computer does not restart without the boot disc. I've also change HD ports settings in the bios.

Run osx86tools OSX86 tools link here

And install EFI Chameleon to your hackintosh partition.

then if that doesn't work, boot to your install CD, open terminal.

Type: "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0"

Ignore the error message.

See this post for more troubleshooting tips.

Type: "print"

if the second partition is your OSX drive, type "flag 2"

type "update", hit y

type "reboot"

this should fix you up.

• 3 weeks later...

does it update??????

can you put the settings that you choosed ? thanks!

I have success with iAtkos 5i

Intel DP35DP

Core 2 Duo 2.53 ghz

2 GB RAM 800 mhz

SATA HDD

SATA DVD

Nvidia 7800 GT

Wifi Compact Wireless G USB Adapter

it works perfectly Leopard 10.5.5 super fast and stable

Have you managed to succesfully install Leopard on this MOBO?

I am running Leopard 10.5.2 (kalyway) with chameleon using the DFE 132 files on the ISO I found on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114834. I managed to install 10.5.6 update (combo) and before restart I reinstalled chameleon with the correct drivers. Voila 10.5.6 running just fine.

There's just one little turn down: my hard drive appears as external (I tried check repair but no good)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm running Retail Leopard 10.5.6 (9G66) On mi PC, Here are the specs:

Motherboard=Intel DP35DP

Processor=Intel Core 2 Duo E4500

Memory=1GB DDR2 800mhz

Graphics=Asus 8500GT 256MB

Sound= Sigmatel 9271D

Hard Disk= 2

Western Digital 250GB (SATA)

Seagate 250GB (SATA)

Optical Drives=2

LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H (IDE)

LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S (SATA)

Everything is working Fine Except for some sort of issues I'm Having since I installed this Version of Leopard. First of all my LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S (SATA) Doesn't burn DVDs, It used to burn them without issues when I had installed Retail Leopard 10.5.5 but now It's imposible no matter what, I've tried several Apps. Second my LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H (IDE) Doesn't read some recorded DVDs and It shows them as Blank Discs... I'm using AppleVIAATA.kext from http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/downloads/list. And Third as many people in this Forum I can't get my PC Sleep... or Shutdown if I have my printer or my camera on connected to a USB Port. I would appreciate any kind of help. Greetings & Thanks to all people who made this thing possible.

Hey guys, Im having an issue with the dp35dp and 10.5.5

I cant get it to boot to the hd, it always defaults to the dvd. Does the mac hd need to be in a specific sata port?

I don't believe so.... I installed OSX with the hard drive plugged into one port (w/ all my other hard drives disconnected). After install, I connected the other hard drives (and the one I installed on) randomly and booted in the bios and made sure that the boot drive was the drive with OSX installed on it. It worked fine. If you don't want it to boot to the dvd, you should take the dvd out of the drive. I did this and I still had issues though... I had to install the Chameleon alternate bootloader (option when you install OSX), then put the dvd into the drive when I booted, and when the boot option screen popped up, I typed -v -f -x rd=disk0s1 to get OSX to boot from the hard drive. Then, go into OSX86 Tools and click 'Install EFI/Run FDISK' and then under EFI to Install: click "Chameleon EFI" Install it and restart. In your bios make sure you have your hard drive set up as AHCI. If it still won't boot right, after it finally gets to the boot options type: "Graphics Mode"="1280x10240x32" it should boot that way, and then install your graphics card kext... hope it helps

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, Im having an issue with the dp35dp and 10.5.5

I cant get it to boot to the hd, it always defaults to the dvd. Does the mac hd need to be in a specific sata port?

Baby steps...

A little digging in the wider community reveals that Intel's P35 chipset does not support PATA, and the implementation on the DP35DP MB is provided via a JMicron chip. So until the OS X installer/Disk Utility routines have support for JMicron, then the PATA port on the board is a dead duck. Bummer.

I'm going to try a PCI>IDE adapter card in the machine to see if that will get the installer interested. Since I have one already, it can't hurt to try.

[update: PCI>IDE adapter idea failed miserably :o so the adapter is headed for the parts bin. As usual, Vista recognised it immediately, but the OS X86 installer did not.]

Another angle might be attempting to fool the system into seeing the PATA drive as SATA by using an adaptor/bridge. Not certain if such a thing exists but it's worth a look.

[update: Found an IDE>SATA adapter and will pick it up tomorrow. I can't say I'm overly optimistic about the likelihood of success, but it's another experiment.]

[update: More on the audio front. Did a clean install with the XxX 10.4.11 DVD and this time the SigmaTel patch resulted in a "success message, rather than the error message I received previously, however there still doesn't appear to be any audio working. System Prefs sound icon shows the sliders set at full noise, but no output or input device listed. I'm assuming that the patch doesn't work on some boards, success message notwithstanding. Pity.]

I'll update this further once I've had a crack at the IDE>SATA thing and maybe I'll try to find another JMicron kext to make IDE drives visible if that doesn't work. Will keep you posted.

[update: Found a pkg file for a different MB that also uses the P35 chipset, which has made SATA drives visible, albeit in AHCI mode. Yet to test it in IDE mode. In RAID mode, it doesn't see SATA drives however. I'll update again after I try the PATA>SATA adapter.]

:censored2:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello all!

any report with the new iAtkos v7?

worked or not?

if nobody knows I think I'll try and post :rolleyes:

bye....

It's working.. I have:

Intel DP35DP

Core2Duo P8400

2 x 2GB DDR2 800

Palit HD4870 512MB Sonic

iAtkos 10.5.7 DVD

I also have QE/CI at 1680x1050 resolution..

Sound/USB/Keyboard/Mouse/Firewire work out of the box except Graphics/Video..

I follow the guide here in making the HD4870 work..

• 1 month later...

good luck.

I had this same problem and couldnt get your boot-132.iso to work, i did get the boot-kabyl-bumby.iso to work, but after i hit esc and then insert the mac os x dvd, and hit enter, it goes back to the bootloader screen. This is with a full retail mac os x 10.5.1 version of Leopard. Why would it not be working and what might i do to fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what to choose in installation customization for iatkos 7i and intel dp35dp?

whitch kernel, sata drivers...

I was wondering the same thing. Having Googled around the net like crazy for the last few weeks, I still can't get my Hackintosh to boot properly. I'm a total Mac noob but I know what I'm doing with PC stuff. So if anyone could assist, I would appreciate it. I'll lay out what I have and what I did to get it to boot, if someone can fill in the blanks for me, it would be great.

I have:

Mobo: Intel DP35DP

CPU: Intel Duo Quad 2.4Ghz

Video: Nvidia GTX260

WD SATA HDD 1 GB and SATA DVD-RW DL drives (all others unplugged)

USB Mouse and Keyboard from Dell

I'm using the iATKOS v7 DVD

In my bios, I have the SATA HDD running in AHCI mode.

I've enabled HPET

ACPI mode is set to S3

In the iATKOS installer I chose the following settings:

iATKOS Main system

Chameleon V2 bootloader

DSDT

AppleDecrypter

Kernel 9.7.0

Disabler

OHR

Remove TyMCE

USB

Everything else was unchecked including video and sound drivers.

I was able to boot into OSX on the first try using this config. However, after I went through the entire new setup process, I wound up getting stuck at a rebooting loop when I tried to get back in again.

Having a thread dedicated to the DP35DP board is great, and this one appears to be a few years old, but unless someone outlines exactly which options need to be used for it, we're going to continue having problems.

I'd ask those who have gotten it to work to please give us some more insight into how you managed to make it stable and functional. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

I succesfully installed OsX Leopart with the iAtkos v7 installer attention... from a PATA DVD-RW to a SATA hard-drive (AHCI mode setup ofc). I had updated recently to the latest BIOS version.

Videoboard installed with the use of nvcush (credits to Diabolik1605)

The only thing that keeps me away from fully enjoying this system is the "missing" network, which I'm looking into now. I've got a gigabit card around here, but I'm going to give it a try towards using the on-board one with the Intel82566MM.kext.

All in all, things worked great :wacko:

[Later-edit] On-board LAN card works properly and system updated successfully to 10.5.8.

• 3 months later...
Hey all,

Anybody running 10.5.8 or Snow leopard on the DP35DP?

I'm still running 10.5.2 and I'm wondering what's the newest version people are successfully running on the DP35DP?

Thanks.

Hi, registered since 2007 and this is my virgin post :)

Currently I'm using the DP35DP with the Snow Leopard (Hazard), and few days ago, upgraded to 10.6.3.

Unfortunately, my onboard LAN fried by lightning few years ago, so I'm using cheap Realtek as the replacement, and never tried the onboard LAN with OS X.

My spec:

• Intel DP35DP
  • Intel Q6600
  • 4 GB DDR2
    Only 3.25 GB Usable, anybody knows the solution for this?
  • NVIDIA Zotac 9600GT
    QE/CI working, 1680x1050 resolution automatically detected
  • 3 SATA Drives
    80 GB WD, 80 GB Seagate, 1 TB WD
  • 1 CD/DVD IDE
    Pioneer DVD RW (I also have Samsung DVD R but SL doesn't detect it.)
  • Realtek 100Mbps (Using kext from kext.com)

Few problems:

• Sleep doesn't work.
  • Only 3.25 GB RAM Usable
    I don't know this because of the DP35DP board or not, I'm using the 64-bit SL kernel, and not a problem in Linux (4GB Usable, either with 32-bit PAE or 64-bit kernel)
  • Boot using GRUB from my linux partition
    trying chameleon with no luck and not trying hard enough though
  • Cannot boot into 32-bit kernel
    maybe because of the installer or my (boot) setup?

Hey all,

Anybody running 10.5.8 or Snow leopard on the DP35DP?

I'm still running 10.5.2 and I'm wondering what's the newest version people are successfully running on the DP35DP?

Thanks.

I have had great success with my DP35DP in both 10.5.x and now SL 10.6.4 Vanilla Retail Install method. Built it in early 2009, replacing my DG31PR board to gain reliable firewire ports. Sleep is still the only issue, but since it idles at 97F and rarely exceeds 115F under HEAVY load I just let it run and shut off monitor(s) when not in use for extended periods.

DP35DP

E7400 C2Duo@2.8GHz

4GB ram