Jelmet

Jelmet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Guys,
Please help me out with this one...
I´ve already tried 10.410 XxX and 10.4.8 JaS and none of those could boot on my DP35DP described above...
Any ideas?

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

In case anyone else is trying to get the Intel DP35DP board working - I was able to make it work with 10.5.2 - had an existing install of Zephyroth on a PATA drive and was initially unable to get it to boot. I had read about the JMicron JMB361 being used with this board, but after visually inspecting the board, was unable to find the chip - some post mentioned that Marvell made an equivalent and I was able to locate the chip on the MB - it's the 88SE6101. After modifying the AppleVIAATA.kext, I was able to get it to boot from PATA.

Currently, onboard NIC + PATA are working. Haven't had a chance to work on sound yet.

Posting this in case any one else is looking for a solution and/or wondering whether the board is compatible.

Attention: Kronoid

did u really get the onboard intel gigabit lan controller to work? will u share how u got it to work?

+ + +

for those who have geforce8xxx cards, u may try efi studio. this works w/ leopard but not pretty sure if it works w/ tiger. might be worth a try.

Attached Files

Jelmet

Jelmet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
MACinized... did you ever install 10.4.x?

By the way...
When booting with AHCI I get the msg : System Config File '/com.apple.Boot.plist´ Not Found

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

MACinized... did you ever install 10.4.x?

By the way...
When booting with AHCI I get the msg : System Config File '/com.apple.Boot.plist´ Not Found

yeah. about a little more than a year ago. now i'm playing with having a retail leopard install - freshly vanilla.

can't remember anymore but maybe it depends on the osx86 dvd release you're using. with a retail leopard dvd installer, sata should be set as ahci. it won't work w/ ide.

Jelmet

Jelmet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
humm ok... no one remebers how to set Tiger with the DP35dp anymore...
thanks!!!!

Gustavo Lendimuth

Gustavo Lendimuth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings,
I got a problem, i own a DP35DP MB with the IATKOS 1.0
the problem is i have 6 SATA HDs plugged on it, but only 4 of them work at any given time
the last 2 HDs wont boot no matter what i try, does anyone here can shed some light on it
(both the 5th and the eSATA won t boot.)
Also when i use the GUID partition system it won[t boot, only boots in MBR, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

darkstar240261

darkstar240261

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Gustavo,
Not sure if you have found a solution yet but this sounds to me like a power problem.
Your power supply is probably too small to power all the hard drives.
I have 6 Sata and 1 IDE DVD and I had to buy a 750w power supply

regards
Mike

Bobby0724

Bobby0724

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
I have success with iAtkos 5i
Intel DP35DP
Core 2 Duo 2.53 ghz
2 GB RAM 800 mhz
SATA HDD
SATA DVD
Nvidia 7800 GT
Wifi Compact Wireless G USB Adapter

it works perfectly Leopard 10.5.5 super fast and stable

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
see specs of my computer in my signature. installed retail leopard 10.5.4 then updated direct from apple website & now running 10.5.6. :)

Bobby0724

Bobby0724

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

see specs of my computer in my signature. installed retail leopard 10.5.4 then updated direct from apple website & now running 10.5.6. :)

Hello MACinized
i have almost same config that you have intel dp35dp , i have try to install leopard retail 10.5.1 with boot 132 and i have failed, but right now i am using leopard 10.5.5 with the iatkos 5i dvd install, i want to ask you something, i have 2 problems, number one is that if i update to 10.5.6 my timemachine stop working and i think is becasue the dsdt, the other thing is i am using nvdarwin for nvidio 7800 gt 256 and i have the OHS.kext for the restart shutdown problem but my computer wont shutdown,

what recomendations can you gave me all my hardware is working perfectly only the shutdown issue for now i can stay on 10.5.5 but actually will be great if i can install retail

thanks in advance

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Hello MACinized
i have almost same config that you have intel dp35dp , i have try to install leopard retail 10.5.1 with boot 132 and i have failed, but right now i am using leopard 10.5.5 with the iatkos 5i dvd install, i want to ask you something, i have 2 problems, number one is that if i update to 10.5.6 my timemachine stop working and i think is becasue the dsdt, the other thing is i am using nvdarwin for nvidio 7800 gt 256 and i have the OHS.kext for the restart shutdown problem but my computer wont shutdown,

what recomendations can you gave me all my hardware is working perfectly only the shutdown issue for now i can stay on 10.5.5 but actually will be great if i can install retail

thanks in advance

i'm also experiencing kernel panic @ shutdown. :P

gemini1

gemini1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi MACinized,

I've downloaded your Boot-132 CD for the Intel DP35DP motherboard. It unzipped correctly and I am able to see the contents. I have burnt it to a CD, but when I try to boot with it in the drive, I get the following error:

ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...
Boot failed: press a key to retry...

I'm able to boot with the generic Boot-132 disk OK, so I'm puzzled at what the problem is. I've downloaded the file a few times and burnt the iso 3 times with the same issue every time.

I did a quick search but was not able to find an answer. Do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. Tried to send this via PM, but your mailbox is full.

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Hi MACinized,

I've downloaded your Boot-132 CD for the Intel DP35DP motherboard. It unzipped correctly and I am able to see the contents. I have burnt it to a CD, but when I try to boot with it in the drive, I get the following error:

ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...
Boot failed: press a key to retry...

I'm able to boot with the generic Boot-132 disk OK, so I'm puzzled at what the problem is. I've downloaded the file a few times and burnt the iso 3 times with the same issue every time.

I did a quick search but was not able to find an answer. Do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. Tried to send this via PM, but your mailbox is full.

u may try the one i've attached. u can also try the boot-132-disc maker w/c u can find in my sig.

good luck.

Attached Files

gemini1

gemini1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

u may try the one i've attached. u can also try the boot-132-disc maker w/c u can find in my sig.

MACinized: Thanks very much for your help. I found what was causing the disc read issue... I had to go into BIOS setup and changed the SATA to AHCI instead of IDE. I was able to use your ISO and have loaded Leopard 10.5.6 with all the updates on my machine.

I now have another issue! :D I can boot OK from the boot-132 disc and then let the hard drive (device #80) boot and all is OK. I cannot however boot from the hard drive by itself. When I remove the boot-132 disc, it takes a long while for the machine to start booting and after a while I get a graphics display instructing to restart the machine. This is really strange, since it works fine when I start the boot process with the boot-132 disc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

MACinized: Thanks very much for your help. I found what was causing the disc read issue... I had to go into BIOS setup and changed the SATA to AHCI instead of IDE. I was able to use your ISO and have loaded Leopard 10.5.6 with all the updates on my machine.

I now have another issue! ;) I can boot OK from the boot-132 disc and then let the hard drive (device #80) boot and all is OK. I cannot however boot from the hard drive by itself. When I remove the boot-132 disc, it takes a long while for the machine to start booting and after a while I get a graphics display instructing to restart the machine. This is really strange, since it works fine when I start the boot process with the boot-132 disc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

u can try this method.

good luck.

melomoe

melomoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've tried all kinds of different combinations, but the computer does not restart without the boot disc. I've also change HD ports settings in the bios.

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M06: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Most Recent Attempt:
bios: native
bios: IDE (also tried AHCI)
bios: S.M.A.R.T: disabled (also tried enabled)

Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
GUID/ Paritition: (also tried the dreaded MBR)
1partition: “macintoshHD” (also tried: "Leopard" "disk0s2")

boot disc: iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3
iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System
Language Translations: selected all
Kernels: none selected (also tried 9.5.0 voodoo- but i don't think its necessary for this board?)
Drivers: Video Drivers: NVidia: NVdarwin 256MB
Drivers: Chipset Drivers: Intel ICHx SATA Drivers (also tried individually: ICH10, and JMicron
Drivers: Audio Drivers: ADxxxx
Drivers: Ethernet Drivers: Intel 82566MM/DC (firewire to laptop)
Drivers: USB Drivers: Patched USB Drivers
Fixes and Patches: selected all (also tried none)
Fixes and Patches: Alternate Disablers: none selected
Fixes and Patches: Ps/2 Device Suport: none selected
Fixes and Patches: DSDT: none selected (also tried eash one)
Fixes and Patches: AppleSMBIOS Patch: AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro (also tried individually: AppleSMBIOSEFI; applesmbios patch- 677mhz; AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 800MHz)
Alternate Bootloaders: Chameleon with SMBIOS/DSDT
Applications: all

Past: used kalyway 10.5.1 with the above mentioned hardware: Intel DP35DP, E4700 @ 2.60GHz, 1 GB DDR2(x2), 500GB boot drive - SATA as AHCI in BIOS, SATA DVD drive, nVIDIA 7300GS 256MB Ethernet via Firewire, no sleep
------
Question:
1. Am i only left with the boot-132 option?

2. I have never done a bios update- out of the box. There's a new one posted recently: 2009.jan.05- don't know if its necessary for me to upgrade.

Any good leads would be helpful.

davehd

davehd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I've tried all kinds of different combinations, but the computer does not restart without the boot disc. I've also change HD ports settings in the bios.

Run osx86tools OSX86 tools link here

And install EFI Chameleon to your hackintosh partition.

then if that doesn't work, boot to your install CD, open terminal.

Type: "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0"

Ignore the error message.

See this post for more troubleshooting tips.

Type: "print"

if the second partition is your OSX drive, type "flag 2"

type "update", hit y

type "reboot"

this should fix you up.

maquiavelo69

maquiavelo69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
does it update??????

can you put the settings that you choosed ? thanks!

I have success with iAtkos 5i
Intel DP35DP
Core 2 Duo 2.53 ghz
2 GB RAM 800 mhz
SATA HDD
SATA DVD
Nvidia 7800 GT
Wifi Compact Wireless G USB Adapter

it works perfectly Leopard 10.5.5 super fast and stable

Erick

Erick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Have you managed to succesfully install Leopard on this MOBO?

I am running Leopard 10.5.2 (kalyway) with chameleon using the DFE 132 files on the ISO I found on http://www.insanelym...howtopic=114834. I managed to install 10.5.6 update (combo) and before restart I reinstalled chameleon with the correct drivers. Voila 10.5.6 running just fine.

There's just one little turn down: my hard drive appears as external (I tried check repair but no good)

d.software.4

d.software.4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I'm running Retail Leopard 10.5.6 (9G66) On mi PC, Here are the specs:

Motherboard=Intel DP35DP
Processor=Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
Memory=1GB DDR2 800mhz
Graphics=Asus 8500GT 256MB
Sound= Sigmatel 9271D
Hard Disk= 2
Western Digital 250GB (SATA)
Seagate 250GB (SATA)
Optical Drives=2
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H (IDE)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S (SATA)

Everything is working Fine Except for some sort of issues I'm Having since I installed this Version of Leopard. First of all my LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S (SATA) Doesn't burn DVDs, It used to burn them without issues when I had installed Retail Leopard 10.5.5 but now It's imposible no matter what, I've tried several Apps. Second my LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H (IDE) Doesn't read some recorded DVDs and It shows them as Blank Discs... I'm using AppleVIAATA.kext from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list. And Third as many people in this Forum I can't get my PC Sleep... or Shutdown if I have my printer or my camera on connected to a USB Port. I would appreciate any kind of help. Greetings & Thanks to all people who made this thing possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy