Mac Startup sound

Kane Adams

26 posts in this topic

How do i download that? All i get is some site where i have to sign up for it and i dont like to do that. Is that the same sound up file that comes with iceman's jaguar theme for windows? also where in the world do you find the sound options for start up sounds and stuff? i clicked on sounds in system preferences but i dont see anything for start up or anything.

• 2 weeks later...
How do i download that? All i get is some site where i have to sign up for it and i dont like to do that.

Lmao @ deeming RapidShare a site you have to sign up for

If you dont know what RapidShare is.. ;)

You could enable the sound by doing this:

put it anywhere and add it to your startup things. lol

or it would be even cooler if someone could find a way to replace the beep from the speaker inside a standard pc tower with this sound. Maybe just remove the original speaker and use a sound chip instead (can be found at Radio Shack), then you have to figure out a way to trigger this sound chip everytime, there's electrical current in the wire that were plugged onto the original speaker.

put it anywhere and add it to your startup things. lol

you mean to put it on the login startup thing? I think is stupid, because when you do that what happens is that itunes will start to play the sound, it will be better if the sound can play in the background or something like that. I am just can't believe that anyone figure it out how to play the sound when OS X is booting :D

• 2 months later...

So people, how do you use this WITHOUT having iTunes start up if you set the file to load when the system boots?

There needs to be a nice clean background method. The iTunes one is rubbish tbh and I can't imagine anyone using it.

Also I know there's probably nothing that can be done for this but the moment where all the appz (including this sound) load is just too far along the whole boot process. It's kind feels pointless having the sound play then.

• 3 weeks later...