iATKOS is released (updated)

pkmoazzam

295 posts in this topic

I ran the darwin boot, selected 1 1. It ran with no errors.

Started over, erased drive, ran darwin boot did not select EFI boot. No errors when the script ran. Installed clean no errors, reboot got a blinking cursor.

Downloaded and made a Gparted Live Boot CD. Changed drive to boot as it was not set. Now it boots to a white screen with a grey Apple logo and sits there. Not worth the headache, I'll stick with the TOH release, it works fine on my system. This IATKOS release needs more polishing.

I've tried numerous times to get that EFI Boot Script to work. My Drive is Disk0S2. When it asks for HDD ID I put 0 but you can't see that I typed it.. then it jumps to the next line and asks for my partition. I put 2

Then it proceeds and says Disk0s2 blah blah blah. I say yes to installing it (EFI) and it always Fails with stuff like

can't unmount "s" or unmount failed because device not ready or device read only.

I also tried the IATKOS in an SSE2 machine and all it does it gets stuck on the gray apple logo screen..

I've had way more success with the Kalaway 10.5.1 Distribution.

Unfortunately this download was a complete waste of time..

lol... complains already... looks like iAtkos wan't such a good realease after all! :D
Ofcourse it is, but what did we expect? I mean, it's just another 10.5 install, just like the other already there but in 1 nice package. Sure it'll have the same issues other ppl have with hackz on their own. As I predicted a couple of posts back. :D
All the seeds are gone, 92.2% for 10 Hours the same now: 0.0 kB/s or sometimes 0.1 kB/s, and 2000 kB/s before. : (Now stop kidding me, and seed.
And well whatta you know, now all the ppl after the first seeds are having problems. Nice going iAtkos. Just use the torrent service like it was supposed to.

Does this work with an Intel P4 3.0Ghz 32bit CPU?

I'm running it on a Dell GX-280 P4 2.8ghz Prescott with 512MB RAM. Very peppy and my Fusion works great. Just ordered more memory. My only glitch is the screen blanking after 20~30 minutes forcing me to reboot the computer. I have all the energy settings turned off but it still does it. Hoping someone will post a fix or settings change.

I've tried numerous times to get that EFI Boot Script to work. My Drive is Disk0S2. When it asks for HDD ID I put 0 but you can't see that I typed it.. then it jumps to the next line and asks for my partition. I put 2

Then it proceeds and says Disk0s2 blah blah blah. I say yes to installing it (EFI) and it always Fails with stuff like

can't unmount "s" or unmount failed because device not ready or device read only.

I also tried the IATKOS in an SSE2 machine and all it does it gets stuck on the gray apple logo screen..

I've had way more success with the Kalaway 10.5.1 Distribution.

Unfortunately this download was a complete waste of time..

Disk0S2's HDD ID would be 1 not 0 , S2 would still be 2 tho :(

• 2 weeks later...

Kalyway seems to be a little bit faster then iATKOS, but iATKOS got a better AppleSMBIOS.kext and other support, and i think on some desktops, it will install with less pain too. I can´t get Kalyway to work with GUID EFI and Vanilla with my DP35DP.

The Kalyway SMBIOS.kext will show all comps as a Mac Pro. iATKOS SMBIOS will show correct comp name. That´s my experience.

• 8 months later...